• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

how essential is wavedashing for CF?

Brakedown

Smash Cadet
So I've been running my CF for about 6-7 months now,(i'm getting OK with him). And when i play him, it's crazy when you notice how fast he moves. So is it really necessary to wavedash with the best dasher in the game?

WayChuDat

Smash Apprentice
its pretty useful sometimes, like when you get caught in your shield and people expect you to just jump out of it with an aerial you can wavedash out and grab them. but its also useful in spacing, but its pretty hard to time and stuff correctly. unless you're isai.

Brakedown

Smash Cadet
Ahhhhh Isai, i hear that G-regulate is just as good as him maybe i should ask him. he made that funny little post where he proclaims that and think it's funny.

abit_rusty

Smash Lord
NNID
Rontuaru
3DS FC
2895-8974-0662
You don't really need it but it's nice to know for wavedash to edgehog. You can also wave dash out of shield to approach projectile spam (i.e. falco's lasers)....Heck just learn it anyway, no harm and not difficult.

Hax

Smash Champion
Ahhhhh Isai, i hear that G-regulate is just as good as him maybe i should ask him. he made that funny little post where he proclaims that and think it's funny.
wow.... i lol'd. =P

wavedashing isn't that important for falcon, but good for wd'ing out of shield and getting onto the edge fast.

ThatGuy

Smash Master
You can also extend dashes using WD. If you want to continue the length of a dash, or stutter it, you can simply WD forward during the dash, and dash again (rinse and repeat).

Hax

Smash Champion
You can also extend dashes using WD. If you want to continue the length of a dash, or stutter it, you can simply WD forward during the dash, and dash again (rinse and repeat).
this is true. i'm pretty sure if you do this right it's faster than falcon foxtrotting

BoomStick

Smash Journeyman
wdashing doesn't always help you combo..but if you go up against anyone that actually plays this game. You will lose with falcon if you can't wavedash. There's been about 30 threads over the years about this. and it's a joke. wavedashing makes use of c.fal's real speed. and if you don't use it. you won't go far in this game.

tips...wavedashing allows you to STOP where you want him to, and when you do stop..you will be able to do anything from that position...also. it allows you to start/stop his dashdance anywhere on the stage...the only way to be good with falcon is to wavedash. dashdance and run speed are nothing without it.

no wavedashing=garbage falcon

Top Bottom