• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

how has fox been nerfed?

SmashBro99

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4957-2747-2945
Uh guys.

He's lighter and weaker then he was in Melee.

M@v

Subarashii!
for the 100th time. he hasnt been nerfed. you have to play him different. you dont get your broken shine and you actually have to work for your kills. But if you do hes just as good.

W-man

Smash Cadet
oh, he's still good, but there is no more "miracle" characters with power, speed, steadiness in tow. That's why he seems "nerfed"... but according to me, it's even more delightful to land a kill with him ! Moreover you can still harass your adversary with success, that fits the bill.

mariofanpm12

Smash Ace
he feels slower... is that just me? once agin, remember i didnt really play him in melee and only play him a bit in brawl, so cut my stupidity, noobishness, and I some slack.

Kaze127

Smash Rookie
hes not really nerfed, unless you call fixed nerfed. they got rid of his broken shine. but other than that, he jist plays differently. he seems to slide around, and not feel as stable, and he is a lot lighter now. possibly weaker? but i think hes pretty fast for a brawl character. i played him in melee but i dont in brawl. not that hes bad, just that i dont like his playstyle anymore

mariofanpm12

Smash Ace
hes not really nerfed, unless you call fixed nerfed. they got rid of his broken shine. but other than that, he jist plays differently. he seems to slide around, and not feel as stable, and he is a lot lighter now. possibly weaker? but i think hes pretty fast for a brawl character. i played him in melee but i dont in brawl. not that hes bad, just that i dont like his playstyle anymore
that helps, thx

Zhamy

Smash Champion
without the wavedashing fox has become useless. It's more the loss of that rather than fox personally being nerfed.
Nononono. Shine combos were helpful, but by no means did they define Fox's game. Usmash, Nair, Dair, Dtilt, Uair, Bair, Jab, etc. All of his moves were monstrous, and that's why he was top tier.

He was nerfed a tiny bit in terms of power, but that's all in relation. As stated before, he plays "differently" now.

Pikario

Smash Rookie
I never played melee, stuck to the 64 until it broke and my bro got brawl. Fox is crazy bad now. His lasers dont stun like they did in 64. people can pretty much just run through and take them.
Reflectors - in 64 only fox could reflect. Now in brawl any ole nobody can reflect. They took one of the most unique moves in the 64 game and gave it to anyone who wanted to be cool like fox. (some like pit will never be cool with reflector or not).

that and he seems slower. I cant even attempt to play with him anymore cause I just get all angry at the game!

quadz08

Smash Cadet
I actually main fox on brawl. I played occasionally with him in both 64 and melee, but never really found him to my liking. I used to main Sheik on melee, and fox seems to be the closest approximation to sheik's abilities. His Upsmash is inanely powerful in this game, and though he seems to be slower, the entire game seems to be slower to me. Whether this is to accomodate new players or sonic or what, it has made fox a better fit for me.

cj.Shark

Smash Ace
fox is A=class on the japanese tier list because fox is a very agressive and fast character, like meta
however they play a different style then what we do.

Demon_Fox

Smash Apprentice
I don't think Fox has been nerfed that massively besides his shine and a few moves. It's first of all the physics and the decreased hitstun that stop him from ****** too badly

Top Bottom