• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How Long Do You Play Smash Per Day?

Approximately how long do you play Smash Bros. each day?

• Total voters

Duplighost

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3239-5360-8490
Just how much does Smash consume your day?

Personally, I only go 1 - 2 hours whenever I get down to playing, but I've seen other posts around the Boards stating that there are some players who generally play 8 hours a day... which I find a little much. Regardless, I am curious to discover just how much time you Smashers are spending playing the game.

Note that the time you play is not just in one sitting, but the amount accumulated throughout the course of the day.

Discuss below!

D

Deleted member

I usually play Smash anywhere from 1-3 hours.
Most of the time that is in one sitting. xD

PeejsterM

Smash Cadet
On the days I do play, it's usually 1-2 hrs, but I've peaked at 10 hrs.

SleuthMechanism

Smash Ace
NNID
SleuthMechanism
3DS FC
4184-2631-5815
Switch FC
SW-7949-7248-8280
was 4 or so in the early 3ds and wii u days. now its 1-2 hours whenever i do so.

Last edited:

InitialK

I'm that TO Guy
I tend to switch through games (Project M practice -> Smash 4 Practice).
So...alot.

I would say around 4-6 hours everyday

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

About an hour or less a day. I really need to start playing more, though.

KittyKyat

Smash Journeyman
NNID
esskaytwo
2-4 on weekdays, 6-8 on weekends.

I'm crazy. Although I normally binge games in 2 or so hour intervals, so whatevs.

Last edited:

MarioFireRed

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MarioFireRed
3DS FC
5026-4457-8398
Currently on a Smash break due to DFO but I normally play between 2-4 hours a day polishing up on my mains and experimenting with other characters to find out new ways to use them.

Khao

Smash Lord
Hard to say. On week days, I hardly ever play anything these days save for the days I work at the freaking office (ironically enough lol), but on week ends, I just go crazy.

I play a lot more **** besides Smash, though, in the end it's probably something more like an hour per week.

Then again, every now and then, there's some days where I do like... Absolutely nothing but play Smash, so yah, hard to say.

DavemanCozy

Smash Photographer
NNID
CavemanCossy
3DS FC
0216-1810-7681
Sometimes I wish I had time to play more than 2 hours per day. The only time I do is in tournaments and weeklies.

I've got a life with a job and friends though (albeit some of my friends play smash), and I wouldn't cut time off that.

JimmyHedgehog

Smash Cadet
NNID
JimmyHedgehog
3DS FC
3497-0193-6314
About 1.5-2+ hours each day depending what time I start, usually with the same person.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Usually a little over an hour. I don't play everyday, but I do play more on weekends.

:231:

energonkid

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Energon_kid
Switch FC
SW-5446-8459-8780
On days I play, usually every other day, I play before school, at lunch, and in the way home from school. That amounts to 1-2 hours per day, four to five days a week.

Turrin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Turrin
3DS FC
4425-1919-5126
About 1 or 1.5 hours on weekdays, and around 2-3 hours on a weekend if I'm not doing anything else.

Mazdamaxsti

Smash Lord
NNID
Mazdamaxsti
I play PM at lunch at school with my buddies, with maybe another 30 mins at home. Do homework/smash, eat dinner, smash. 3-4 hours weekdays, same with weekends. Some weekends I binge like 6-8, but on weekends I usually have other fun things to do.

epic11

Smash Cadet
NNID
achrafrises
3DS FC
4613-7611-5770
I dont have the time to play every day but when i do its 3-5 hours and on saturdays its about 6-8 hours

YoPoYo9100

Smash Apprentice
I try to play 1-2 hours each day.

I would play more but there's alot of other great games begging for my attention.

Polen

Smash Rookie
Usually about 1-2 hours a day.
I do play a lot on weekends though.
Probably about 3-4 hours on weekends.

Nyain

Smash Rookie
It varies. Most of the time it's 1 to 4 hours. I usually practice in intervals though, so 1 hour here, another here, sometimes i go in one sitting though. On Saturdays it is all day though, me and my bruhs get together for a smash fest.

kirby3021

Smash Journeyman
I'm employed, married, and preparing for college graduation, so I'm lucky if I can get in an hour a day. Right now I'm mainly working on getting perfect pivots down

Splooshi Splashy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Splooshi_Splashy
3DS FC
4768-8534-8805
On the daily, just long enough to contribute points towards a Conquest in the For Glory Smash/FFA room, which is within 5 minutes or less, depending on the lag and load times. After the opening For Conquest match, I try to stick around the FG FFA room for at least a match or two before going over to FG Teams for 2-3+ matches. Since those are 2 minute matches each, with potentially extra seconds if Sudden Death happens (which is surprisingly frequent!), they add up to 15-ish minutes or so. Sometimes, I take a few minutes to visit the Combo Labs (aka Training Mode) to test out ideas and experiment with certain MUs and such. (Ex. Can :4bowserjr:'s Mechas and Cannonballs challenge :4duckhunt:'s Cans, Clays, and Gunmen? Answer: YES! 8O)

Depending on who shows up in any of the matches, I may stick around a bit longer. I'll tell you all straight up, if ANYONE plays as :4bowserjr:, :4duckhunt:, :4drmario:, :4gaw:, :4dk:, :4olimar:/:4alph:, :4robinm:/:4robinf:, :4wiifit:/:4wiifitm: , :4palutena:, or :4zelda:, among other uncommon characters, not only will I do my best to stick around for the runback, but I'll even switch to :4bowserjr: or :4duckhunt: or the other stated/uncommon characters myself if they were in the room, due to them being: 1. my mains (Jr & Duck Hunt, that is), 2. rarely seen in FG FFA or Teams, 3. ripe for the sharing of intel because of point 2, and 4. really fun to fight against (ESPECIALLY the :4bowserjr: & :4duckhunt: Ditto MUs when the Jrs Side B Jump Cancel and the Dogs move either WITH or AWAY FROM their own projectiles).

Tyketto

Smash Cadet
Lately, I Smash once or twice a week, typically with a friend doing some Team FG. That said, we typically end up Smashing for at least 4+ hours at a time.

OnettSlugger

Smash Rookie
NNID
Gameplayer123
Hmmm On a good day, about 1-5 hrs. It was about 8 hrs when this game dropped though :)

Duck SMASH!

Smash Journeyman
NNID
C.Piglet
Just how much does Smash consume your day?

Personally, I only go 1 - 2 hours whenever I get down to playing, but I've seen other posts around the Boards stating that there are some players who generally play 8 hours a day... which I find a little much. Regardless, I am curious to discover just how much time you Smashers are spending playing the game.

Note that the time you play is not just in one sitting, but the amount accumulated throughout the course of the day.

Discuss below!
I overdo it and while I normally aim for 1-2 hours I can go past five in a row....

D

Deleted member 269706

I only play once or twice a week now, but when I do play, it's usually anywhere from 1 to 3 hours. I usually end up quitting after I face 3 Sonics in a row.

SphericalCrusher

Hardcore Gamer
NNID
SphericalCrusher
3DS FC
1118-0223-8931
On a regular day like today, anywhere between 1-3 hours. That's just hopping on for a few matches here and there before or after I play other games. On a day that I actually play Smash (practice w friends, etc) we could go for 7-8 hours or so, depending.

Matoi Knight

Smash Apprentice
NNID
katarina-hatsune
3DS FC
5215-0514-7118
Due to school now getting in the way, I normally do around half an hour's worth of Smash (which is mostly just myself watching my amiibo fight amongst themselves).

Though the periods of time spent playing Smash myself really varies.

Daybreak

Busy busy busy~
NNID
DaybreakPlz
3DS FC
1091-8175-8810
Switch FC
SW-6555-9639-6872
Been practicing for about 1 to 2 hours a day if I have time. If I end up playing with someone else it usually goes slightly longer. It depends on the weather.

Gamr_8

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Gamer807
Most of the time depends on what day it is and what my friends are playing but I always get an hour of smash a day.

Top Bottom