• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How long do you practice before you take a break?

Kain6th

Smash Ace
How do you know when you need to take a break? I'm used to playing for 7-10 hours every other weekend or so.

The thing is though I usually do best during the first few matches during the first hour. So maybe I could practice like 2-3 hours every friday-sunday with 15-30 minute breaks.

What's your opinion?

Noobicidal

Smash Master
What's your opinion?
You need to get out more.

In all seriousness though, you should focus less on practicing and more on fighting (preferably human) opponents. Fighting nothing besides CPU's and practicing faux combos will make you develop bad habits. When you attempt to use these methods against REAL opponents, you'll get punished horribly.

Kain6th

Smash Ace
Well i do know that, I'm actually taking Scotu's advice and fighting level 1's until i gain complete control of my character and have a good idea on what tactics to use.

I really only have one friend who will play Smash occasionally, but he can sometimes be too busy even on weekends to play, so I don't have too many others i can practice against atm.

Cpu level 1's will do for now i guess until i get to one of these tourney's and hopefully meet new friends who play this much more often.

K 2

Smash Lord
I would recommend taking a break every hour for 5 minutes or so. If you play for a long time, you get fatigued and your efficiency goes down.

Lovage

Smash Hero
where do you live. edit your location and go to your regional boards and find people in your area

in brawl, theres almost no point in playing level 1s more than 5 hours in your whole life, when you first get the game

AgentJGV

Smash Journeyman
If your talking about learning technicality, like how to do a move, then:
Practice with a purpose. Practice until you can do it consistently. Practice until it's perfect. then...practice some more.

If you're talking about reading people, then you can't get enough practice.

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
Against people, I will play until I notice myself making mistakes and looking sluggish.
Never play past that point; take a break to relax (I watch a half hour show between) and come back if you are up to it.

When I practice a technique I... wait... I play G&W... All I can do to improve is play people :p

Tristan_win

Not dead.
If your talking about tech practice then I do only 7 to 14 minutes a day and nothing more. Then I play brawl online when I feel like it or when I have the time to if I haven't played in a while. Be doing those 7 to 14 minutes I'm able to keep at least my tech skills sharp which is about all you can do without someone to play against.

Zhamy

Smash Champion
Practicing tech skill? 10-15 minutes at a time, MAX. Any more than that and you're wasting your time. Take regular breaks.

Pr0phetic

Dodge the bullets!
I practice until I have to do something else quite honestly, or I get bored of have achieved what I wanted to do in that session.

Top Bottom