• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How many mains do you have?

Xephyr

Smash Rookie
I change my mains constantly. I'll try and list most of them

Current Main :falco:
Rob
Marth
Sheik
G&W
Ike

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
King Dedede
Kirby
Meta Knight
Jigglypuff
Lucario
Wolf

Gives me different varieties to work with, then i also get on other random characters just for fun

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
I have one main: Samus. I have three alternatives: Zero Suit Samus, Pit, and Donkey Kong. I don't believe or agree with multiple mains.
Do you believe multiple mains will spread your meta game too even or something?

kuenzel

Smash Ace
I can play ZSS. Thats all. I would like to play a secondary, but I seem physically unable to do so. My fingers won't let me- perhaps its because ZSS's playstyle is so drastically different then all the others.

Da-D-Mon-109

Smash Lord
:evil:
I need to fix my Signature so that it represents me right. My main is Lucario. I need to fully decide on the other 12 characters I play as, and who represents me best. They are Mario, Zelda, Shiek, Samus, SexySamus, Pit, Kirby, MetaKnight, Fox, Falco, Ike, and Sonic. I think Mario, Pit, Ike, and Sonic are my secondaries, my Samus, SexySamus, Kirby and Fox are my tertiaries, and my Zelda, Shiek, Metaknight and Falco are my Quads/Joke characters.
:evil:

c3gill

Smash Ace
Do you believe multiple mains will spread your meta game too even or something?
you will always be more proficient with one or two of those... just because you get decent at playing a character doesnt mean you can instantly "main" that character.

and if you think you are maining 9 characters- ask yourself, "how many characters have I been able to win with at a local level of tournament play? at a state level? at a regional level? at a national level?"

if your answer isnt all of them, you probably arent proficient at all of those characters. If you have more than 2 or 3 characters that you can consistently win regional level tournaments, you probabaly are advancing the metagame of all of those characters- you have a reason to "main" them. If you dont, then you should consider buckling down and learning 2 or 3 characters (unless you choose MK, in which case 1) in and out, and work on your game with those characters.

Its beyond me how you can possibly main more than 3 characters... and if you think you are, you probably prefer 1 of those, and thats your main- everything else is a second.

thats all imo, obviously.

I main Lucas, and I second Diddy, MK, and (Falco is a work in progress).

EDIT- honestly, how the hell do you keep up with the evolving meta-game of more than 3 characters? I can barely remember all of Lucas' ATs and little tricks, and situations when each is going to give me and advantage..... I have a hard time believing someone has 4 mains, let alone more (some people have posted claiming 7 or more mains, no way.)

Jeet Kune Do

Smash Apprentice
These are my mains... I have a few:

Olimar
Ice Climbers
Metaknight
Kirby
Zelda

I really like to use them in different situations. I play all the characters but if I had to name a few favorites, it would be them.

auroreon

Smash Ace
:yoshi2:

I use teh Y-man and only teh Y-man... why?
Because when you use Yoshi, you win. Even when you lose. You win.

:yoshi:

GigaBowserXyZ

Smash Journeyman
6. they are:
bowser
dedede
yoshi
wolf
donkey kong
ganondorf

tourneys:
bowser
dedede
yoshi (sometimes)

WolfCypher

Smash Lord
NNID
WolfCypher
Switch FC
4999 6039 1484
Mains

Secondary Mains

Semi-Main

Casual Main

Zaazaa0

Smash Rookie
Yoshi
Kirby
Pikachu
Ice Climbers
Mario
I dont know why I like yoshi and mario, I just do.

Yukiwarashi

Smash Champion
Jesus....I'm just curious. How many of you that list more than 2-3 mains actually go to tournaments? I can't even imagine how the hell you decide who to use in matches or anything. Just using Pokemon Trainer and Toon Link alone is killer for me, considering one character is a 3 in 1. Are you people really dividing your time between 6-7 characters equally and using them all in tournaments?

damezguy

Smash Apprentice
have one main who near enough always use, toon link. recently started playing with pikachu a bit so gonna make him a secondary. not good with anyone else, ok with mario.

WolfCypher

Smash Lord
NNID
WolfCypher
Switch FC
4999 6039 1484
Jesus....I'm just curious. How many of you that list more than 2-3 mains actually go to tournaments? I can't even imagine how the hell you decide who to use in matches or anything. Just using Pokemon Trainer and Toon Link alone is killer for me, considering one character is a 3 in 1. Are you people really dividing your time between 6-7 characters equally and using them all in tournaments?
At tournaments, my choices are limited to Pit, Wolf, Lucario, and Kirby int that order.

In double elimination and preliminary match-ups, where I can take it easy, I will pick any of those four characters. As I get deeper into the tournament and can no longer take chances, I stick with Pit, and maybe alternate with Wolf or Lucario.

Brave Hippo

Smash Ace
Main: Olimar

Second: Falcon

Third: Jiggs, DDD

Casual: Falcon, DK, Jiggs, GnW, Ganon, Ike, any Low tier character.

I love the low tiers. So much fun to play as.

Zaffy

Smash Apprentice
I main ZSS, 2nd Ness

Then i use lucario + lucas,

Then i use diddy, capt. falcon, and anyone else for the lols.

Top Bottom