• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How many major fights have you gotten in with your girlfriend over Brawl so far?

LavisFiend

Smash Lord
Didn't you have a like 6 post long essay on likely characters for Brawl before the game came out? Getouttahere....
Where in the hell are you pulling 6 post essay from? Are you talking about that thing where I basically made posts detailing who I think would be in Brawl? If so, those were not all done in one sitting, and there were about 5-6 paragraphs per character. I only did one character update, and it only took about an hour or two of my time to write each one up. So doing the math, and the fact I had no working game console at the time, 1-2 hours of me writing up a character with a steady 6-8 hour job and a busy social life, the last thing I was doing was sitting around doing nothing. As a matter of fact, I only wrote those up mainly during nighttime, right before I went to bed. You fail at trying to get at me boy.

And I never said I had a girlfriend. I buy my *****es. =P

Smash Ace
What the hell is a girlfriend? Is that a new AT or something?

Vid plz.
It's one of the forbidden 7 (you know, the characters that have some data on the disc, but were cut). Apparently, Sakurai doesn't want us playing with a girlfriend.

Cross-Blade

Smash Cadet
I really have to question why somebody would go out with you if you argue about if you love a videogame more than your girl or not...

Smash Ace
Arguments can happen over all kinds of stupid things, Cross. I agree that an argument over loving Brawl would indeed be stupid (I really hope that you prefer your significant other over a video game), but I could certainly see it happening.

HugS

Smash Champion
Southern California (818) San fernando valley
^Wait Hugs,are you saying that because:
a)You want us to enjoy our youth by making out with a lot of girls(or boys if you are talking to the girls in SWF too)
b)We are too young for girlfriends and the like.
If option "a" is correct,you are my new idol.
If option "b" is the right one,well I still think you are a great smash player XD.
jk.
PS:This thread is epic.
Lol, it's more like:

C) You can have one girl or many girls, you can be loyal or not. The point is, the quest for a title of "girlfriend/boyfriend" at an age where you are not yet ready to be married is just that...a quest for a title.

It goes back to the middle school/high school days where you would make someone your girlfriend as a way of claiming your territory when really you could just man up and keep your girl without ever having to call her your girlfriend. If you handle your business as a Man, there's no reason for her to stray, and vice versa.

And Marie, didn't you know that you weren't allowed to get angry with me? Shame on you. :p

Naybewon

Smash Ace
Many people on here appear to have a problem with loving pixels over people.

Why is that?

If a boyfriend of mine said "It's me or the game," I'd introduce them to the epic side of fail.

JhMS

Smash Journeyman
Lol, it's more like:

C) You can have one girl or many girls, you can be loyal or not. The point is, the quest for a title of "girlfriend/boyfriend" at an age where you are not yet ready to be married is just that...a quest for a title.

It goes back to the middle school/high school days where you would make someone your girlfriend as a way of claiming your territory when really you could just man up and keep your girl without ever having to call her your girlfriend. If you handle your business as a Man, there's no reason for her to stray, and vice versa.
Well personally I think you are sort of wrong:
Yes,its true than most of teens have girlfriends/boyfriends because they want to look cool and that stupid things.
But there are some exceptions.Heck I actually cared a lot about my former girlfriend and I didnt want things to end like that.Now we dont even talk.Im 15 BTW...
But thats a negative example,lets bring a positive one:
One of my best friend is going to celebrate a year with his girlfriend.And they are crazy about each other.You can tell the difference between posers teens that only think about "being cool" and teens that are very serious about important things.
Im not saying that they are going to get married or the like,but in a serious way its just a matter of starting to know the important things of life.Sure,they dont have all the experience and that,but al least its a way to start.
So buttom line:Not all of the teens are stupid.

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Many people on here appear to have a problem with loving pixels over people.

Why is that?

If a boyfriend of mine said "It's me or the game," I'd introduce them to the epic side of fail.
It's fine to like a video game more than a boy/girlfriend...but if you do, you shouldn't still be in your relationship. If you care more for video games than for your boy/girlfriend, then you probably don't care enough for them to marry them; and that IS the point of dating (despite what it's slowly turning into). Unless you're just in it for the fun, you really shouldn't be in a relationship unless you care about the person a lot, at least, that's my opinion.

Mario Party is to video games what Monopoly is to the real estate market.
Quoted for Truth. That statement is epic win in every possible way.

Lol, it's more like:

I agree. Even if you think you care about the person, I don't think you really, fully understand everything...you could misinterpret your feelings at that age (I know, I had my own personal experience like that once) and that's the kind of situation that's not going to end well.

Trust me, as someone who knows this first hand...relationships in middle/high school...not a good idea.

Aleol

Smash Journeyman
Pft, 90% of the users on this board are virgins and lonely. The funny thing is, many will lie about having a GF due to mental inferiority.
LavisFiend, you really have no idea how much this hurts. I could care less about the virgin part, but I am the lonliest person I know. I have a lot of friends, but none are really interested in hanging out. All girls I know worth going out with have boyfriends, and the ones not worth it are, well, not worth it. I have tried getting out there and meeting people, they're just not interested.

To answer the question, I don't even have a gf... I'm just lonely

Naybewon

Smash Ace
It's fine to like a video game more than a boy/girlfriend...but if you do, you shouldn't still be in your relationship. If you care more for video games than for your boy/girlfriend, then you probably don't care enough for them to marry them; and that IS the point of dating (despite what it's slowly turning into). Unless you're just in it for the fun, you really shouldn't be in a relationship unless you care about the person a lot, at least, that's my opinion.
You've misunderstood my post.

I was trying to say I wouldn't date a guy unless he liked video games. It's an interest I'd like to be common between myself and my significant other. As video games are important to me, if I were dating someone who didn't like video games at all, it would be annoying and I'd rather not deal with it (and why should I, when I know there's a whole community of gamers getting larger by the day?)

That's all I was saying.

I would never GET into a relationship with someone who didn't like video games/wasn't ok with my playing video games IN THE FIRST PLACE.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
You've misunderstood my post.

I was trying to say I wouldn't date a guy unless he liked video games. It's an interest I'd like to be common between myself and my significant other. As video games are important to me, if I were dating someone who didn't like video games at all, it would be annoying and I'd rather not deal with it (and why should I, when I know there's a whole community of gamers getting larger by the day?)

That's all I was saying.

I would never GET into a relationship with someone who didn't like video games/wasn't ok with my playing video games IN THE FIRST PLACE.
You're right, I did misunderstand it. I'm sorry. I think it was the "pixels OVER people" part that threw me off...

I totally agree with you on that; I want someone to share my love for video games, because if they don't...they'll probably think I'm nuts. I play a lot of video games, and no one but a fellow video game fanatic would be able to understand without getting angry at me.

Again, I'm sorry; I must be uber tired or something and I'm just not realizing it...I've been making a lot of stupid mistakes on here recently...:dizzy:

Naybewon

Smash Ace
You're right, I did misunderstand it. I'm sorry. I think it was the "pixels OVER people" part that threw me off...

I totally agree with you on that; I want someone to share my love for video games, because if they don't...they'll probably think I'm nuts. I play a lot of video games, and no one but a fellow video game fanatic would be able to understand without getting angry at me.

Again, I'm sorry; I must be uber tired or something and I'm just not realizing it...I've been making a lot of stupid mistakes on here recently...:dizzy:
It's all good :) No worries!

WuTangDude

Smash Ace
Where in the hell are you pulling 6 post essay from? Are you talking about that thing where I basically made posts detailing who I think would be in Brawl? If so, those were not all done in one sitting, and there were about 5-6 paragraphs per character. I only did one character update, and it only took about an hour or two of my time to write each one up. So doing the math, and the fact I had no working game console at the time, 1-2 hours of me writing up a character with a steady 6-8 hour job and a busy social life, the last thing I was doing was sitting around doing nothing. As a matter of fact, I only wrote those up mainly during nighttime, right before I went to bed. You fail at trying to get at me boy.

And I never said I had a girlfriend. I buy my *****es. =P
I wasn't trying to get at you, I was simply stating what I thought was some really weird hypocrisy.

And I don't have a g/f right now, but I'm far from lonely. You wanna generalize the community to common gaming stereotypes, and you're gonna get called out on it...

Eddiot101

Smash Rookie
Its not the game that was the problem w/ my ex, it was the constant people in my dorm screaming b/c they kept dieing that got her pissed off. It's ok though now that shes gone and with another guy i can play all the brawl i want and down smash the crap outa ppl

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
well... only one and it was when I decided to but a copy of Brawl instead of buying her some shoes, I mean c'mon it's Brawl were talking about I couldn't resist

Mama

Smash Ace
@ Thread Starter

Sounds like a child or tween or something if you have a fight over something so trivial stupid.

I bet a majority of the people around here don't even have girlfriends and will just pretend to so they can fit in with the other liars.

just to be on topic, my girlfriend plays videogames. She doesn't play Smash. She doesn't care about me playing Smash. We're not kids so we don't have gay kid fights like "you love that thing more than me". She respects herself more than that thankfully.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
I bet a majority of the people around here don't even have girlfriends and will just pretend to so they can fit in with the other liars.

just to be on topic, my girlfriend plays videogames. She doesn't play Smash. She doesn't care about me playing Smash. We're not kids so we don't have gay kid fights like "you love that thing more than me". She respects herself more than that thankfully.
Your description of what half of the people in this thread will probably be (clearly you didn't even bother to read one page, a lot of people admitted they don't have girlfriends/boyfriends...) sounds like you.

Stop getting up on your high horse acting like you're better than us because you don't bother to read. Many people were man/woman enough to admit they're not in a relationship.

Resident_Smash_Genius

Smash Journeyman
@ Thread Starter

Sounds like a child or tween or something if you have a fight over something so trivial stupid.

You're a bloody liar. You don't have a girlfriend, you're as lonely as poor Aleol.

(jk lol)

I just got my girlfriend to play Mario Kart today. Way more fun for her than SSBB.

Pretty In Pink

Smash Cadet
Why does the title have to be 'girlfriend'? Why couldn't it be partner or something unisex? I'm a girl and I do not have a girlfriend. >_> I do have a boyfriend, however, and he does play with me a lot. He's pretty good, too... he actually got me into this forum.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Why does the title have to be 'girlfriend'? Why couldn't it be partner or something unisex? I'm a girl and I do not have a girlfriend. >_> I do have a boyfriend, however, and he does play with me a lot. He's pretty good, too... he actually got me into this forum.
I agree. I myself am a boy, but I still think you're right. There are quite a few girls here, not only on this forum but on this thread alone, so yeah, it should be changed.

PKboy89

Smash Journeyman
Its more like I can't get a girl because I play Brawl...
Some chick called me once while I was playing Brawl once...and I was Diddy Kong... and in the middle of the convo I diddy humped someone offstage and said "I'm going to hump you to your death" and she never spoke to me again...

DarkBlue

Smash Cadet
If you're in a serious relationship, both partners should accept that you will both have interests and hobbies that you're going to want to keep up alongside the relationship. You have to make allowances and allow the other person to live a little.
Obviously, if you care about keeping the relationship going, you wouldn't abuse this. If you don't then you shouldn't be in it in the first place <_<

My girlfriend and I hooked up over a game we both were more then a lil' obsessive over so we don't normally fight over that, at least. =)

Hypnotoad

Smash Rookie
so what im 14 and im not a virgin....
-there's your answer

i know, cause i'm from jersey too

on topic: my girlfriend and i never fight over smash, she likes playing and when the game first came out we stayed up all night and played through subspace together. now we play free-for-alls and i do whatever i can to help her win but i dont go easy on her when it comes down to just me and her. she beats me every now and then and it makes me happy when she does :chuckle:

p.s. we plan on being mario and peach for the next halloween. its going to be great!

foolmasterz

Smash Apprentice
holy crap, all you guys who manage to find a girl who plays brawl are soooo lucky. thats been a goal of mine for months, but its never happened yet.

Top Bottom