• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How Many Melee Discs Do You Have?

Puffinator

Smash Ace
Seeing as we're all obsessed with this game I thought I would ask.
I have 4 and none of them work.

Jonas

Smash Champion
Only 1. I bought it used in Jan 09 when I started playing Melee :)

Anyhoo, the reason why Melee sold so well is that everyone bought so many copies =D

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
wow thats impressed stevo haha

i think ive gone through 5 or so. I also have random melee discs that seem to come out of nowhere

Stevo

Smash Champion
lol it helps when it doesnt get moved around.
I think it stayed in my gamecube for 5 years straight, and then stayed in my wii for 3 years straight (minus a month of "brawl")
recently I took it out of my wii to try P:M tho.

that should be their slowgan.

Project Melee

you just might take your melee disc out of your system.

TheDekuNut

Smash Journeyman
CHAiN-ACE. dude, i'm getting watery eyed and the visa card explains a bit i guess? they're mad old copies too no best seller sticker

Anthon1996

Smash Ace
NNID
AnUglyBarnacle
3DS FC
5301-0385-3871
I have one, but it's badly scratched. It's non-Player's Choice, and I think it's version 1.2. I can at least still play multiplayer normally (and that's what Smash is all about) and the event matches, but not 2 levels in the main single player modes without that disk read error message popping up.

Steelia

Smash Champion
Both work, just we bought a spare when we thought the first broke... when in fact it was a crappy GCN. Gehhh.

Still, though. <3

Puffinator

Smash Ace
I need to buy a disc. I thought maybe new copies would sell for like 30 bucks since they stopped making it...and then I went on ebay and saw that they are going for 60-90...lame.

Zodiac

Smash Master
Got mine day 2 after the release, haven't owned another one since then.

I need to buy a disc. I thought maybe new copies would sell for like 30 bucks since they stopped making it...and then I went on ebay and saw that they are going for 60-90...lame.
Gamestop $15

Rykard

Smash Ace
i have my orignal version 1.0 at my girlfriends house and then i have made about 5 or so texture hacked ones for my friends and myself.

Hydro_Smasher

Smash Journeyman
I have had the same one my grandma bought for me on my eighth birthday in 2003 (v1.2) . Still works great! However, I have about 6 texture / hacked versions of 1.0.

Sraigux

Smash Journeyman
I've had my version of melee since about a year after the game came out! I've only ever had the one!

I really need another though, for a secondary setup!

Also, NEVER EVER THROW AWAY YOUR BROKEN COPIES OF MELEE! At least try to get them fixed, because as you know, it is no longer in circulation. Every copy counts.

Top Bottom