• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How many of you actually interested in *maining* as Mii?

• Thread starter Deleted member 245254
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 245254

Let's put the custom move set discussion aside just for the sake of discussion and assume the hypothetical that they are tournament legal and there's no issue with using Mii in tournaments.

How many of you are actually interested in maining them as your main character? Not just for fun or for beating up on in training mode or FFA. Your competitive main.

Just curious :)

AlgusUnderdunk

Smash Ace
Depends on what sort of customization I can pull off. I'm really becoming enamored with the idea of having my Segata Sanshiro Mii team up with Sonic and take on the entire Nintendo cast, and I've seen a fighting outfit that seems appropriate for him. Also means I'll finally have a use for my Inigo Montoya Mii...

PingPongCop

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Bottlecapn
3DS FC
2938-8474-3044
If the Miis end up having the same amount of customization and strength as Palutena, then yes. Oh, how I would love to beat up Kirby as Sakurai. Also would love to wreck Sonic as Usane Bolt. That would be awesome.

Glyphoscythe

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Glyphoscythe
3DS FC
0834-0985-0680
I'll certainly give them a shot at least. Won't know who is the best fit for me unless I give every character a fair shake. As for right now I'm not particularly interested in the Miis but I'm not just dismissing them either.

Petrichor

Smash Apprentice
I'm definitely going to give them a try. And if I like them enough they could very well be my main. Which one I would end up with is another story. At this stage it's a toss-up between Brawler and Swordmaster.

Raider 88

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Raider704
3DS FC
5086-1674-5462
I'm looking forward to my Jesus mii beating up my Hitler mii. Wii Sports boxing just didn't do it for me.

Nontoxic

Smash Cadet
I personally haven't used Miis really up to this point. It would be more appealing to me to use your own Mii in Smash if there were more advancements towards the Mii creator.

ShizChiz

Smash Apprentice
I don't know about maining, but I will definitely play as Miiself every now and then.

Xermo

Smash Champion
NNID
SSBFC-Xerom
3DS FC
4425-1998-0670
vMii, certainly. Sword is def a submain.
People always seem to assume that Mii's entire character is based on the aspect of custom moves, but like, just main the starter mii.

spader13

Smash Journeyman
I'm interested in trying Mii Gunner in particular, although Swordsman looks interesting too. However, I doubt either of them will end up being my main for the game, although they could end up in my 5 most used characters.

FallofBrawl

Smash Ace
Sub-maining Chuck Norris Mii and teaming him up with Captain Falcon and Little Mac. The manliest of men.

Shiliski

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4570-7099-6924
Maining? Probably not...

Unless I can use them to recreate a favorite character that got left out. If I can do that, then yes I might consider maining them.

Amazing Ampharos

Balanced Brawl Designer
Writing Team
I pick my characters based on gameplay merits. Mii Brawler is probably not my style of character (I'd still use him if he was easy to use and top tier), but Mii Gunner looks interesting to me and I'm always going to give a second look to any character with disjointed normals which definitely will include Mii Swordsman. Of course, many other characters seem interesting to me as well; this is the kind of question I can't answer until I've actually played the game, but I will say that I'm not ruling the Mii characters out at all and plan to explore them as thoroughly as the standard fighters.

κomıc

Highly Offensive
NNID
komicturtle
They may end up being one of my mains out of like... 6. I love playing as my Mii character in other games such as Mario Kart 8 and I actually main him for that game. The fact that we can customize our looks even has me more interested in using them.

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
Eh....no thanks. But I would adore fighting against other people's Miis. :) It'll mix things up a bit and I can't wait to have all kinds of new competition from them.

Booster

Smash Lord
Mii. I can finally be the characters I've wanted to see have a proper game representation.

I've made tons of Miis to do this, including but not limited to: Saw Puppet/Jigsaw, Chucky, Jason Voorhees, Freddy Krueger, Leatherface (My favorite one) and even a "Original character do not steal" Super Saiyan Hank Hill

BWAAAAAAAAA *goes Super Saiyan*

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
I've been serious about wanting to use them since they were revealed. They look like LOTS of fun.

And c'mon, if you were to win as one in a tourney, what better character to win over hundreds of others with than yourself?

inb4batman

Booster

Smash Lord
I've been serious about wanting to use them since they were revealed. They look like LOTS of fun.

And c'mon, if you were to win as one in a tourney, what better character to win over hundreds of others with than yourself?

inb4batman
I would love to win as Shrek just to troll the tourney for life xD

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
I'll do it if I like the moveset for any of the types that exist.

The characters that I use for the Miis? I will have to decide that when I get the game.

DakotaBonez

The Depraved Optimist
I'm pretty hyped for the mii gunner.
Its such a huge disappointment that miis and custom moves are banned from online play against anyone but friends.

I kinda feel like the miis will take all of the attention from the rest of the roster.
In the games soul calibur 5 and mortal kombat armageddon, youve got a large roster of characters that is ignored because making your own character is funner. Its the same story when playing mario kart online, a large percentage of pros use miis. The individuality is just too tempting to pass up. I mean anyone could play as mario or yoshi, but only you would play as yourself.

Gidy

Smash Lord
NNID
I-Gidy-I
3DS FC
0834-3126-6726
Shrek, Eren Jaeger, Batman.

Yeah, I'm maining the mii

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
I could easily see myself maining a Mii type, they look fun and interesting to play as.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
I might main the Mii Swordfighter and design him after Professor Layton and perhaps design a few other characters I like that will most likely/definitely not make it into the game too. Especially if their playstyles are good and if I like their amount of costumization.

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
Depends on what sort of customization I can pull off. I'm really becoming enamored with the idea of having my Segata Sanshiro Mii team up with Sonic and take on the entire Nintendo cast, and I've seen a fighting outfit that seems appropriate for him. Also means I'll finally have a use for my Inigo Montoya Mii...
Now I wish I could create a six-fingered man Mii for him to fight. :(

Accf124

Smash Journeyman
I'm also maining Mii, I discovered my love for Mii's playing MK8 (wounded up being my main) and I'm gonna carry this love to Smash 4.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
At worst the Gunner Mii in Halo armor in With Friends as a throwback to UMVC3 and my time playing as Chris.

Otherwise, no.

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
Too bad there wasn't a poll so I could've simply said NO and walked away.
There you have it.
*walking away*

BriefCasey795

Smash Apprentice
NNID
AwesomeCasey
3DS FC
4382-2575-1384
The movesets look very interesting. I'm willing to give the Mii Brawler a chance.

That being said, I wonder if you'll be able to save a Mii and it's customizations to a Wiimote like you could with names in Brawl.

MAtgSy

Smash Ace
Not being able to use them in regular online matches is something of a deal breaker. Sure I can still use them in local & friend matches, but randoms is likely to take up a sizable chunk of my SSB multiplayer sessions. So it seems pointless to main a character I can't use 100% of the time.

Dreamking

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DreamWanderer92
3DS FC
0817-5074-8674
Switch FC
6827-7951-1977
I don't know. In Mario Kart Wii, once I unlocked the Mii, I pretty much stuck with the Mii.

Ragna22

Smash Ace
I probably won't main them since I can't use them online against anyone so I feel like there'd be no point but I'll at least try to get good with them during offline modes, nothing serious though unless I have some friends over.

Morbi

Scavenger
I was not interested in using the Mii Fighter as one of my mains, let alone using Mii Fighter in general; however, once I learned about Street Pass Hats on Monday (with the Meta Knight and Samus update) I changed my mind. Mii Fighter went from my least favorite newcomer to my favorite newcomer. So basically, I have spent the last two or three days grinding play coins in the event that the hats must be unlocked prior and building my Mii army.

Top Bottom