• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How many of you have won a tourney/money match as ICs without using a CG once?

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
man, its so lonely here on my soap box....

seriously though, try it. it definitely gives you a new appreciation for CGs.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
That would be me. I nearly always fail when chain grabbing over five times, so I say why bother the risk/reward and just do other things. =P

Bnzaaa

Smash Ace
I've taken stocks without using a grab :laugh:.

In all seriousness I've done it before. But only when chaingrabbing is banned or Nana dies really early.

Smasher89

Smash Lord
I´ve probably not done it, peaople here seems to not be so good that they can avoid a CG all match XD(counting SoPos CG)

Prawn

Smash Master
I have at least won one money match and one game in a set by not using chaingrabs(these are the two I remember).

The MM was because I wasn't getting ANY grabs but was playing really well just as ICs against his "avoid a grab" tactics(wario, I learned to pivot grab more and it makes life so much either). So I just beat him legit no CGs lol

The tourny match was because I was CGing HOOORRRIBBLY against a Yoshi and so I just made an effort to beat him in the last game of a set not using them at all.

Some CPs can really hamper you're CGing abilities against certain characters too

KRDsonic

Smash Master
The first tourny set I ever won was against a Marth/Snake user. HOBO 8 (2nd tourny I ever went to), back when chain grabs were limited to only 3 grabs. I didn't even bother trying to chain grab that guy, so through the whole set I didn't do a single chain grab, and beat him.

Is it something special or something? o.O

ch33s3

Smash Lord
I've done it many times, some people really don't get grabbed.

gallax

Smash Hero
i once watched a popo get his shield broken. the dude used his nana to destroy the opponent trying to get near the dazed popo. thats 10x's better than not using a cg.

ch33s3

Smash Lord
Sure, how about POUND, 20 dollar set because I'm mad broke?

Prawn

Smash Master
dunno if im going to pound but maybe

and btw im just trollin sorta lol. I know you get mad angry and I'm baked and bored. <3?

Top Bottom