• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How many of you like melee over brawl?

BlackPanther

Smash Ace
I can't stand brawl. It gets boring no matter what I'm doing. About 20 mins into it I just start picking random chars and messing around. And this is when other people are trying to take it seriously. It's way too slow and it makes me mad how it's so dumbed down.

I'm not even sure if singles can be played for long. i played Watty and we played for abot 20 mins then went on a trip to go get melee, and me and Drephen did the same thing. I'm not going to give it more of my time, but other people can try to find something out. If anyone finds something gamebreaking then I will try to learn it and see if brawl is any better.
Good to know the people of CoK sees Brawl for what it is lol =).

Cookiez

Smash Ace
Got my first taste of Brawl today... Im worried.

Captiain Falcon in Melee:

Nair--->Nair--->Dthrow--->Raptor Boost-->Uair--->KNNEEEE!

Captain Falco in Brawl:

Nair!-->Nai...oh ****, no stun :*(

So the game was partially reduced to immense focus on spacing and arials... which was rather dissapointing.

However, i shalst persevere! ^^

BlackPanther

Smash Ace
Got my first taste of Brawl today... Im worried.

Captiain Falcon in Melee:

Nair--->Nair--->Dthrow--->Raptor Boost-->Uair--->KNNEEEE!

Captain Falco in Brawl:

Nair!-->Nai...oh ****, no stun :*(

So the game was partially reduced to immense focus on spacing and arials... which was rather dissapointing.

However, i shalst persevere! ^^
Haha, good one.

†¹Ãgøn¥¹†

Smash Ace
Brawl>SSB>Melee

I think that Melee has a major lack compared to brawl.

It's maybe faster but wow is it boring... I played the day before brawl came out (America) to get in a bit..I tought I was going to die play SSBM..I find the most of the characters too boring and wow is the CPU ****ty. I mean who here can't beat 3 ally cpu versus yourself in melee? Mostly no one. Try that in brawl, bet you can't even beat 2 ally cpu !

Melee lacks the online playing which makes a big drop for it, it lacks in classic mode a LOT, classic mode is just so boring that it makes me feel asleep when I play it..Very hard 1 life, pfft, easy ****.

Adventure mode is crap, who played it after the 1st try? well, I surely didn't (except to get Luigi).I mean wow is it bad...

Do I really need to get in the depths of the characters? *sigh* fine..

Sheik is so fast and annoying that it's almost impossible to win with characters such as DK and Bowser...Kirby has been literaly crapped from SSB64 to SSBM tough they got him back in for brawl.The other characters aren't so bad except for maybe Ganondorf and Pichu, which I think are really noob...

Now on to brawl !

SSE: Zomg...How can it be left out, I mean, you can get every character just by completing a 4-7h (depending difficulty settings) adventure mode, and yes it's maybe a bit annoying but, who didn't like beating the *** of the bosses? I sure did ;D

And brawl is way more challenging then Melee..Melee was like so easy it bored me playing 1p after 1 day, yet brawl in intense difficulty is too awesome. Even Cpus are fun to beat now xD

And the music is just wow, Literaly all stages have atleast 1 good song ! And the option to put your favorites for each stage is a really good add on. I liked how they decided to put more small-wide stages then Big-wide stages. It makes you want to play in more stages then just 2-3 *cough Final Destination, Dream land and Corneria cough*

The characters are a bit slower yes but, who cares? You get to play way more before dying...In SSBM it's just like you're always flying around getting owned by combos over and over...It seems like you can never touch the ground, and oh god knows you get owned mostly around 80-100% In brawl I got many times around 150-200. That makes it more interesting to play...

Classic mode is pretty much the same as it was, yet the break the targest are cooler now, Lv1-5 pretty good addition...

2 Players in events, 2 Players in Multiman and home run, that's one awesome thing ! I coudn't care less it it makes it easier atleast it's less frustrating...to go through 15 min and cruel men.

Clones characters are way more well designed in brawl then melee, except if you wanna argue with Pichu? Perhaps? Lol, tought so...

Anyway...That's my p.o.v. and I sure will enjoy brawl way more then I did with melee, the possibilities are way more bigger and after all we can do good tourneys just by staying home in our good couch and enjoy a good beer while owning some noobs online ;D

fluffy

Smash Champion
Considering that this is in the melee discussion, I assume that most of you chose melee over brawl.

For those of you that will be sticking to melee, what's the point? You will almost never see a melee tournament hosted by mlg or any nintendo event so I don't see why you would want to continue wasting your time on a game that's outdated. (7 years so far?) Yes it was a fun game. SSB64 was a fun game too. But times change, and people need to accept change. Brawl hasn't disappointed me at all and I hope that at least some of you may feel the same way as well.

Yoshistar64

Smash Journeyman
This is my honest opinion.

I played Melee competitively. I got down all the advanced techniques and implemented it in my gameplay. I went to tournaments. I played in generic stages. No items. It was extremely enjoyable.

However, with Brawl, for the first few days I tried to do exactly this. It was BORING. Everything was just slow and dull. So I decided to play the way I did when I was like 6 years old. The world of Brawl and Smash itself became brighter for me. Everything became fast and I laughed my heart out with friends.

I just had to admit the fact that Brawl and Melee are two different games.

Corigames

Smash Hero

For those of you that will be sticking to melee, what's the point? You will almost never see a melee tournament hosted by mlg or any nintendo event
so I don't see why you would want to continue wasting your time on a game that's outdated.
1. After all the years and tournaments I have been to, not one has been hosted by either of those groups. All the ones I have been to have been hosted by people from SWF or some other thrid party. Does this change the tournament fundamentally? Not really.

2. Don't people still play old street fighter, Marvel vs Capcom, and other WAY outdated fighters? I know that last month there was a store that had a SSB 64 tournament with cash prizes, so why not melee? Brawl is just the new shiny thing right now, and, perhaps, after a while it will die down and people will hit the melee scene ALONG with the Brawl.

Witchking_of_Angmar

Smash Lord
Slowly starting to enjoy my mothertongue again. :)
Post that totally misses the point of this thread
You hardly mentions what makes Melee superior for many people; the gameplay.

We don't care about all those shiny new mods, stickers, trophies, adventure, whatever. We want to play a game where we can be sure that our skill is rewarded by winning, that is competitive, that has a fast paced feel, that does not promote turtling, and where you can combo.

Melee has all those things, whereas Brawl lacks many of them.

liverymen

Smash Apprentice
I also love melee just because of its fast pace and huge technical aspects. Brawl's slow pace isn't very fun to me =(....
blah, what am I talking about, it's the wave shining I miss the most xD

†¹Ãgøn¥¹†

Smash Ace
You hardly mentions what makes Melee superior for many people; the gameplay.

We don't care about all those shiny new mods, stickers, trophies, adventure, whatever. We want to play a game where we can be sure that our skill is rewarded by winning, that is competitive, that has a fast paced feel, that does not promote turtling, and where you can combo.

Melee has all those things, whereas Brawl lacks many of them.

Okay, so you're gonna tell me that you don't care about having good music while playing, cause let's face it the music in melee totally sux. And the speed...*sigh* Who cares about it, speed isn't eveything man. brawl combos are way more cool and hard to pull of, which makes it way better. The 1st time I got melee *the day it came out* I tried it and became already so good that it makes me laugh at it, I mean it's soooo easy, eveything is easy in this game: Combos, Solo mode (thus the very hard 1 life).

Just face it, SSB64 didn't even die to melee, I saw plenty of people playing in Emularena these last months. I think that you guys need to face that Melee is loosing to brawl and that it's a new game that you guys need to learn to play all over again. You people hate brawl because you sux at it, and because you lost all the things you had in melee...Well just stop playing melee and get to the training in brawl.

RisingKen

Smash Cadet
Okay, so you're gonna tell me that you don't care about having good music while playing, cause let's face it the music in melee totally sux. And the speed...*sigh* Who cares about it, speed isn't eveything man. brawl combos are way more cool and hard to pull of, which makes it way better. The 1st time I got melee *the day it came out* I tried it and became already so good that it makes me laugh at it, I mean it's soooo easy, eveything is easy in this game: Combos, Solo mode (thus the very hard 1 life).

Just face it, SSB64 didn't even die to melee, I saw plenty of people playing in Emularena these last months. I think that you guys need to face that Melee is loosing to brawl and that it's a new game that you guys need to learn to play all over again. You people hate brawl because you sux at it, and because you lost all the things you had in melee...Well just stop playing melee and get to the training in brawl.

Well, if it isn't Agony! Didn't expect you to be here. This is Zhou, btw.

Anyway, I agree with Agony. It's like street fighter 2 and it's sequel, street fighter 3. Two completely different games. Some people hated 3 solely on the fact that it wasn't how 2 was, even though it's obvious how much better it is. So what do they do? They just keep their old SNES and played the hell out of it, by themselves I might add.

Brawl is a completely new and better game, much like how, continuing my reference, Street Fighter 3 was. Was it a re-done Street Fighter 2? No. It was a whole new game within itself, and people just needed to go over the basics again and learn how to get better.

For those who are still delusional, I guess you'll be in the back, playing Melee against computers and picking high tiers, fearing change and whispering "Someday, it'll return."

boss8

Smash Hero
brawl gameplay is how you make it.....same with melee....you can still combo in brawl just as melee.....in brawl you hafe to think and be more creative......in melee u can just go for a combo with no prob......i preffer both......as long as mario bro's are ridicoulously good.

Witchking_of_Angmar

Smash Lord
Okay, so you're gonna tell me that you don't care about having good music while playing, cause let's face it the music in melee totally sux.
Yup, I don't care about that very much at all.

And the speed...*sigh* Who cares about it, speed isn't eveything man.
brawl combos are way more cool and hard to pull of, which makes it way better.
You can't combo in Brawl at all if your opponent is any good at all.

The 1st time I got melee *the day it came out* I tried it and became already so good that it makes me laugh at it, I mean it's soooo easy, eveything is easy in this game: Combos, Solo mode (thus the very hard 1 life).
You're obviously not "so good" because I have never heard of you. Why don't you got to some tournies and prove how good you are?

Just face it, SSB64 didn't even die to melee, I saw plenty of people playing in Emularena these last months.
You're gettting some verbs mixed up here, and I don't really get what you're trying to say. You can't "die to something."

I think that you guys need to face that Melee is loosing to brawl
At the moment, Melee is much more competitive than Brawl, which means that it is not losing to Brawl. In fact, I would say it is beating it, because at the moment, it is more competitive.

and that it's a new game that you guys need to learn to play all over again.
Actually, it's still a smash game, and much more similar to Melee than SSB64 was to Melee, so people that were good in Melee will still be good in Brawl.

You people hate brawl because you sux at it, and because you lost all the things you had in melee...
No, we don't. We hate it because it is shallow, slow, and boring.

Well just stop playing melee and get to the training in brawl.
Why should we stop playing a superior game? To play an inferior game? Pfft.

Anyway, I agree with Agony. It's like street fighter 2 and it's sequel, street fighter 3. Two completely different games. Some people hated 3 solely on the fact that it wasn't how 2 was, even though it's obvious how much better it is. So what do they do? They just keep their old SNES and played the hell out of it, by themselves I might add.

Brawl is a completely new and better game, much like how, continuing my reference, Street Fighter 3 was. Was it a re-done Street Fighter 2? No. It was a whole new game within itself, and people just needed to go over the basics again and learn how to get better.

For those who are still delusional, I guess you'll be in the back, playing Melee against computers and picking high tiers, fearing change and whispering "Someday, it'll return."
How exactly is Brawl better than Melee?

And no, we won't be "in the back, playing against computers," I'll be going to major european Melee tournies and having fun with a superior game.

†¹Ãgøn¥¹†

Smash Ace

Lmao, didn't knew you had an account here, haha. Nice to see I'm not alone here xD

So yeah, basicly, get use to brawl like I did, we all played melee (mostly) for about 3-5 years and we all got use to the combos and speed of the game but, brawl didn't change it so much, it's not like it's a whole new game that we are totaly lost in it..No ! It's just an update of what we had, new combos new characters new gameplay (a bit changed).

The thing is, if you really don't like brawl then, don't complain about it and just keep playing melee, nuff said.

@Witchking: Well, personally I do really care about the music I think it's something important when you play a game. If the music sux then what's the point of playing in that specific stage? It's like the magma in Bringstar, almost no one plays in that stage 'cause of it yet, the stage is almost the same as battle field or dream land.

And no one heard of me on melee because I never knew about this forum and I never joined any tourney cause I once lived in a city with nothing but a walmart. O.O

Yet, I was the best in my city 2-3 years ago, we had done a litle tourney and I had ***** everybody with sheik in a 5 stocks match. I never lost more then 2 stocks everytime.

Melee always bored me because of it's easyness, everything is just too easy. What I seek is a game with challenge, I want something that can keep me playing 'till I get the very best.

And everybody complains about the speed of brawl but, I saw a lot of people complaining of the speed of melee as well.

I'll ask you one question. what is more frustrating between this and that:

A)getting owned by 50 sheik dashes in melee, when your oppenent just keep doing it on you, it's like you gotta wait 1h before you can actually move or watever, and don't tell me I sux if that happened, nah, it's just that when you get bowser and the other one gets sheik it's very easy to get caught by his dash.

B)having the time to actually fight before always getting comboed in the air and not be able to move for about 5 mins. Even tough when you combo in melee it almost kills you everytime...

What I don't understand is that you don't understand how brawl is way more superior then melee.

You don't understand how the people that made brawl tried in everyway to think of how we would like it to be. if they made it slower it's maybe because a lot people complained about the speed of melee, huh?

They tried to previligiate the multiplayer gameplay which is indeed a very good thing. They tried to think of how we would like this new game to be where it was lacking in melee. Well, they got it all right. Combos were way too easy, they fixed it really well. Cpus were badly sucking, well they fixed it very well. Music was lacking in every way, they fixed it. less dumb clones then in melee, More new cool characters, A new way better adventure mode, more difficulty in solo modes.

ADHD

Smash Hero
The thing is, if you really don't like brawl then, don't complain about it and just keep playing melee, nuff said.
That's funny, I bet you sucked at melee and brawl gives you the advantage of not taking so much brain capacity that you unfortunately can't achieve having

†¹Ãgøn¥¹†

Smash Ace
That's funny, I bet you sucked at melee and brawl gives you the advantage of not taking so much brain capacity that you unfortunately can't achieve having

Lmao, that actually made me laugh. You people think I sux just because I like brawl, hahahaha.

I like brawl better then melee because I'm intellegent enough to understand that gaming evolves and that there is nothing we can do about it.

Personally I love PS1 and Snes way better then all those new consoles. I'm a old school fan but, yet I can't keep playing those old games forever and not go on with the new ones...Almost no one anymores play those old school games so, if I want to fight people online I have to get the new consoles which is normal. Everything evolves.

What I am trying to say through this is that you guys fear the evolution of things, just like me couple years ago...And still I don't like where video game is going but anyway...You people need to understand that melee won't keep up forever, brawl will take over and after, perhaps another smash will take over brawl, and so forth.

Witchking_of_Angmar

Smash Lord
Lmao, that actually made me laugh. You people think I sux just because I like brawl, hahahaha.

I like brawl better then melee because I'm intellegent enough to understand that gaming evolves and that there is nothing we can do about it.

Personally I love PS1 and Snes way better then all those new consoles. I'm a old school fan but, yet I can't keep playing those old games forever and not go on with the new ones...Almost no one anymores play those old school games so, if I want to fight people online I have to get the new consoles which is normal. Everything evolves.

What I am trying to say through this is that you guys fear the evolution of things, just like me couple years ago...And still I don't like where video game is going but anyway...You people need to understand that melee won't keep up forever, brawl will take over and after, perhaps another smash will take over brawl, and so forth.
You contradict yourself. You say you prefer the old consoles, but you claim to like Brawl because you "understand that gaming evolves." If you're old school, wouldn't you prefer Melee? If you like evolution, shouldn't you love the shiny new consoles?

And we do not fear evolution. In fact, why should we even fear anything? The concept of "fearing" something related to video games is ridiculous.

And god****, Brawl isn't evolution. It's a step backwards.

If we cannot progress, we stay with what is best, and at the moment, that is Melee.

Wazoo21

Smash Apprentice
Brawl was fun for about 10 minutes of Landmaster-ing/Samus Superblasting R.O.B.'s and Pikachus. While Brawl is by no means bad, it doesn't even come close to Melee.

If this is the awesome scale:

PS3-----Pichu-------------Ocarina of Time------Melee---Perfection
Brawl is right here.^

Zone

Smash Champion
Person with a odd opinion
I'm going to agree with you that Brawl Single player blows the socks of Melee's Single player. Extra options are Also way better than melee.

However Competitive Scene, Brawl is a step down. Brawl Lost A LOT of things Melee had. Allow me to list them.

1.) Powershielding (To reflect projectiles)
2.) Light Shielding (To cover body better, and for spacing when hit)
3.) L-cancel (To lower the lag on aerials so your not shield grabbed EVERYTIME you aerial someone who has their shield up. Especially awsome for characters with little range.)
4.) Wave Dash/Waveland - Coolest tool used for baiting, traps for approaching, on ground level.
5.) Dash Dance - nearly same uses as Wave-dash and even better combined for baiting, fake approaches, tricks. Sure it's still in brawl, but it's so small it's nearly useless, and you can trip doing it now.
6.) Ledge stalling - To keep yourself safe from people coming back from the dead who are invincibile. Or waiting for an opening to safely come back into the stage.
7.) How useful can fast fall be after short hop, if you can't lower the lag on landing anyways.
8.) Triangle Dodge - the act of being able to control your airdodge to dodge a smash attack and punish after landing on the ground immediately.
9.) Edge Teching? - Not sure, but I don't think someone can tech the wall after your smashed attack away from the wall. Like Falco's and Fox's have to learn vs marth when he's Fsmash happy on fox's and Falco's who fail to sweet spot.

Now for the THings Added in brawl that make it less competitive.
1.) Tripping (Who wants to lose a match, because you randomly trip when you are about to combo your opponent on his last stock into your f-smash only to find out you trip, and he nuetral air's you to your doom. and thousand dollars were on the line cuz it was the last match in the brackets.) NOTE: This addition would not be so bad if you could SOMEHOW keep this from happening. say like RIGHT when your about to trip hit like L or something and continue forward. But nope, no power over it. Atleast in Melee when peach randomly pulls a turnip you have power over NOT getting hit by it.

2.) Multiple Air dodging: Sounds cool at first. But all we are doing here is making ledge guarding more of a useless technique. It's like you might as well just wait for you opponent to come back in. Now it's not really THAT bad. But it does limit ledge guarding tactics quite a bit. Ledge Guarding is also gimped because of how easy it is to sweet spot with alot of characters.

3.) Infact sweetspotting is so much easier. How can you appreciate someone's skill when everything for him is made easier?

4.) In Melee when you made a mistake, you get punished hard. Not so much in brawl because of the low combo-ability. Sure brawl still has a few nice combos.

I don't get how you can really think, taking away competive tools, and adding non-competitive ones, Can constitute for brawl > Melee. Because we all know Fighting games are most fun against people, not mindless CPU's that suicide (Yes they still do this in Brawl, I won Even match 41 with jigglypuff by hanging outside the stage as mario snake killed themselves, Not sonic though his recovery is too good.)

IMO Brawl is a fun friend party game. Ment for friendlies. It's fun when I play with my friends with items ON. Because funny silly things happen, and it makes me laugh.

In Melee, IMO it's most fun when playing 1v1 with someone who is nearly as good as you are, or better. With ITEMS OFF. Even though melee still has it's funny/fun item matches as well.

Your tool shed is more fun to use when you got more tools in there. Not when you build a BRAND new tool shed with less tools in it. Sure it's a new tool shed, But it's missing alot of it's tools.

BlackPanther

Smash Ace
Exactly the same way I feel. Well since so many people are not liking Brawl that means I can still make my Fox video and I will still get some views ^_^!.

Toadster5

Smash Journeyman
Smash 64 is the most balanced, Melee is the best, and Brawl is.....the newest.

Melee feels so much tighter and more refined than Brawl. The depth of Melee is astounding. I honestly don't see Brawl going anywhere competitively unless some gamebreaking discoveries are made. There simply isn't enough there to keep people occupied for a long period of time.

metaXzero

Smash Champion
As it stands now, Melee>Brawl competively. Everywhere else is just the opposite.

By yourself Brawl wins. Adventure, Classic, and All-Star blow in Melee when compared to Brawl. More features, AI that doesn't charge at you aimlessly, a Adventure mode worth playing, Brawl absolutely pwns Melee here.

With friends playing for fun, Brawl wins again. More stages, items, music, and characters. it is no contest.

If Brawl were just as good competitevely, Melee would only be a nostalgia game now (like SSB64 is). And somehow, Nintendo managed to **** this up.

They started good by trying to balanced every character (Melee was unbalanced as hell). Then somehow they thought air dodging should be infinite and non-directional, that L-canceling should be removed despite being in the past two games, that edge-hogging should be made nearly impossible. I think it is due to the casual n00bs who want to think they are good and Nintendo's new focus on casual gamers (with little to no focus on traditional/hardcore gamers).

If they could take Brawl's content and balance then combine it with Melee's speed and gameplay, it would be the ultimate Smash experience.

To the topic, I prefer Melee competitvely, though Brawl is funner for single player and multiplayer shenanigans.

Who else would love it if Nintendo balanced Melee and made it online (or made Brawl with Melee's engine ).

MuraRengan

Banned via Warnings
I use frequency of playing and priority play majority to determine how good a game is. For instance, Melee has been played nearly every day by 100,000+ competitive smashers FOR 6+ YEARS, and rarely played another game instead. However, the casual smashers probably didn't play smash every day because they eventually got bored, and played many other games INSTEAD of smash. Now that Brawl is out, the hardcore smashers have no reason to play hardcore because Brawl basically doesn't allow it, meaning that Brawl will become boring for hardcore smashers quickly. And casuals will also get bored of Brawl because, with every game, people get bored of it when there's nothing to do after everything's been unlocked.

This is how I draw the line between the two games. Melee has Competitives and casuals playing the game. Brawl has/will have only casuals, whom will get bored wit it and start playing other games. It's like math.

Competitives + Casuals = Melee

Both play the game while it's still new.
Casuals get bored over time, and move on to other games.
Competitives continue to play the game in aspiration to get better.

Now it's:

(Casuals - Casuals) + Competitives = Melee
Competitives = Melee

But when it comes to Brawl:

Casuals + Competitves = Brawl

Casuals get bored over time and move on to other games.
Competitives get bored because Brawl has no competitive aspect, and move on to other games.

So therefore:

(Causals - Casuals) + (Competitives - Competitives) = Brawl
0 + 0 = Brawl
Brawl = 0

All of these figures are done in the standard that the game is played avidly, often. In that sense Melee > Brawl.

Best101

Smash Ace
Most advance techniques were not originally part of Melee's gameplay, plus the techniques aren't even hard to do. Also if you can't appreciate the games without the advance techniques then you aren't a real smash fan. You're just a competitive SSB: Melee fan. Anyone who doesn't like Brawl is simply just that; a competitive Melee fan.

BlackPanther

Smash Ace
Most advance techniques were not originally part of Melee's gameplay, plus the techniques aren't even hard to do. Also if you can't appreciate the games without the advance techniques then you aren't a real smash fan. You're just a competitive SSB: Melee fan. Anyone who doesn't like Brawl is simply just that; a competitive Melee fan.
Well for one thing Melee didn't start out with advance techs so if we didn't appreciate the game without the use of advance techs wouldn't have got the game in the first place. And a REAL Smash fan will learn everything there is to know about the game advance techs or not so you got it backwards. And none of us said we hate brawl. I think everyone is havin fun with it right now but a lot of people just realize that it isn't as good as Melee is. I'm talkin to my brother as I'm typin this and he doesn't play with advance techs and he believes that Melee is better. Wow someone who doesn't play the game with advance techs likes Melee over Brawl theres a message in that.

fluffy

Smash Champion
Well for one thing Melee didn't start out with advance techs so if we didn't appreciate the game without the use of advance techs wouldn't have got the game in the first place. And a REAL Smash fan will learn everything there is to know about the game advance techs or not so you got it backwards. And none of us said we hate brawl. I think everyone is havin fun with it right now but a lot of people just realize that it isn't as good as Melee is. I'm talkin to my brother as I'm typin this and he doesn't play with advance techs and he believes that Melee is better. Wow someone who doesn't play the game with advance techs likes Melee over Brawl theres a message in that.
There isn't much of a message in that considering that it's only one person. How about the hundreds of thousands of people who prefer brawl? Many other people will look at brawl and see how much of an improvement it was from melee.

BlackPanther

Smash Ace
Yeah and my brother is one of hundreds of thousands who wasn't proficient at the game but still prefers it over Brawl. I just figure i would use him since there are people out there like him who wasn't good but can still see the obvious flaws in Brawl.

Cbone

Smash Journeyman
Tripping.

lol.
this post FTW.

Also in response to somebody who posted above saying the advanced techs are easy, they are easy, it's using them properly. Mindgames! The fact that the new techniques allow you to move differently gives players a whole bunch of new and weird ways to trick their opponents. In brawl its just...different.

unfortunately, every smasher in the eastern canada community has gone to brawl so i'm stuck alone, oh wait there is starcraft! bye smashboards!! haha jk.

Y34HDUD3!!!

Smash Lord
Smash Bros. is my favorite game series. Melee was and is my favorite game of all time. I played it to death with my friends. I used the ATs, but not too much, since I wanted to play at around the same level they did. It was all fun.

Now that Brawl has rolled by and I've played it extensively, I have to say that I love it to death. Will it surpass my love of Melee? Who cares?

I have no problems with Brawl's gameplay, since Melee wasn't fully developed less than a month after release, but it wouldn't hurt if some techs were discovered RIGHT NOW. :p

Love both games, I say!

MuraRengan

Banned via Warnings
Well, I've got a friend that rarely played SSB games and doesn't care for Melee's competitive nature. When I played it with him for the first time, he immediately said "This I garbage."

He, however, does like SSB and SSBM.

SrL04

Smash Apprentice
For now I like melee more, maybe there will be some revolutionary technique to make brawl faster-

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Man when people like agony post, i feel there is a law somewhere, where you are allowed to find them and kill them.

I don't mind someone stating an opinion brawl > melee.. But omfg have an IQ of 70 or above first.

†¹Ãgøn¥¹†

Smash Ace
Lol, <3. I got an IQ of 111. o_O

It's just that you guys keep complaining about brawl yet, it's been out for only a week in America. Let it time to get yourself comfortable with the game, I know some of you got that L canceling thing mastered but, that thing is just dumb, I swear to god you guys need to stop complaining about brawl and just keep playing your old melee.

Yet, I'm still going for the music, cause I'm going in music myself maybe for video games or in a band (in real life) and I think that music is what makes the game beautifull in a lot of ways.And melees songs fails in every ways.

Zone

Smash Champion
Lol, <3. I got an IQ of 111. o_O

It's just that you guys keep complaining about brawl yet, it's been out for only a week in America. Let it time to get yourself comfortable with the game, I know some of you got that L canceling thing mastered but, that thing is just dumb, I swear to god you guys need to stop complaining about brawl and just keep playing your old melee.

Yet, I'm still going for the music, cause I'm going in music myself maybe for video games or in a band (in real life) and I think that music is what makes the game beautifull in a lot of ways.And melees songs fails in every ways.
Sir, I believe the point of this thread was not merely to 100% complain, but the thread creator was hoping to find alot of people wanting to continue melee and not brawl, aka share the same view.

You hold no support or logic in your statements "You got that L cancelling Thing mastered but, that thing is just dumb." How is that dumb? You provided no back up on why it's "dumb". Your just showering your opinion everywhere. And all of your Nice comments about Brawl, are just in it's options and music. The reason you haven't made a comment on how brawl > Melee in pvp is because you pretty much almost can't.

I can tell you why it's NOT dumb. If you had any ability to use L-cancel with fox. It's called Not getting shield grabbed by marth who's grab range is like twice his body size. Not only that but people appreciate skill the harder the game is to play. Not the other way around. alot of characters you can't even approach with an aerial on someones shield w/o the fear of being shield grabbed in Brawl. sure some moves link into other moves really fast, but not nearly enough variety to increase ur options, thus increasing your unpredictability.

In Melee I feel like i'm playing Chess with a 3 second choice of move timer. IN Brawl I feel like I'm playing chess with a 30 second choice of move timer. Which one can you appreciate more? THe player that can play chess reall well with only 3 seconds to choose. or the player who can play just as well having 30 seconds to chose? Odd analogy I know. Best I could come up with atm.

Top Bottom