• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How many of you mained Pit before?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tsutori

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2320-6305-8112
...In either Project M or Brawl, out of sheer curiosity? I know he's super underused in Brawl especially; I really hope I'm not the only one who has never dropped him as a main in the 6 years Brawl has been out.

If it weren't for Brawl's WiFi being cut, I'd totally love to fight you guys as him : (

Last edited:

FiXalaS

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
4293-9334-7517
Pit's my main everywhere, speaking of Smash 4 though i'm not sure yet.

Toadmode

Smash Rookie
I've never mained him before, but I've played with him a few times and I don't really like him that much. He's not my kinda character. It's cool to see you haven't dropped him as a main in that long. I'm like that with Roy in melee.

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
I seconded him. Olimar was my most wanted character before his announcement, but before his reveal, i wanted to main Pit. So after Olimar, Pit was super easy for me to second.

_Darkpit_

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5026-4651-4206
Since the release of Brawl I mained him. And I main him forever also in SSB4. ^^ But yes you are right... unfortunetly he was underused in Brawl.. very sad. =I

Orchestrafanboy19

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Orchestrafanboy
3DS FC
1435-5592-4731
Ever since I saw him, I liked him. I never mained him, but he was always one of my favorites. Then, Uprising came out and I loved everything about him. There is no doubt in my mind I will main him forever in Wii U/3DS.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
He's been my main since the beginning of Brawl, and I play to keep him as a main in Smash 4, along with Palutena. I started liking him more since Uprising, with his personality and being so amazing. I just hope he'll be loved a bit more this time around.

Tsutori

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2320-6305-8112
@ Admiral Pit Admiral Pit I think I actually watched a few of your matches on Youtube, way back when : O I see the Kid Icarus is strong in you xD

It's nice to hear that Uprising seems to have given Pit some love. Rightfully so since that game is fantastic.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
@ Admiral Pit Admiral Pit I think I actually watched a few of your matches on Youtube, way back when : O I see the Kid Icarus is strong in you xD

It's nice to hear that Uprising seems to have given Pit some love. Rightfully so since that game is fantastic.
I'm flattered to hear that. I hope I get to continue some of that Gold Pit hype, along with Palutena of course. :p

Hong

The Strongest
For what it's worth, I mained Pit in Brawl.

I'll give him a try in Smash 4. That said, Villager was aaaaaaaaaa lot of fun.

_Darkpit_

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5026-4651-4206
I hope Nintendo will develope more games... But I don't believe that...^^ It would be good also for the smash bros series ( maybe more Pit mainer ) and for the population of the series. =/

Zuby

Smash Journeyman
For years I thought Pit was really just making up the numbers in Brawl. But after Uprising it's Pit City.

I don't actually main anyone, but my stats tell me Pit's my most played character so I think it's a technical yes. He's still the character I'm most excited about for the new games too.

Tsutori

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2320-6305-8112
@ Hong Hong Villager is pretty fantastic too xD I tried him out at Smash Fest, and while I don't know if I'd use him a lot in Smash 4, he's too hilariously creepy to pass up completely.

@ _Darkpit_ _Darkpit_ Yeah, who knows if/when Sakurai will make another Kid Icarus. He said there weren't any plans, but given how successful Uprising was, I wouldn't be surprised if we get something a few years down the line. Probably for Wii U, I'd guess. I personally would love to see an open world KI game.

Last edited:

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
@ Hong Hong Villager is pretty fantastic too xD I tried him out at Smash Fest, and while I don't know if I'd use him a lot in Smash 4, he's too hilariously creepy to pass up completely.

@ _Darkpit_ _Darkpit_ Yeah, who knows if/when Sakurai will make another Kid Icarus. He said there weren't any plans, but given how successful Uprising was, I wouldn't be surprised if we get something a few years down the line. Probably for Wii U, I'd guess. I personally would love to see an open world KI game.
Kid Icarus on Wii U would make me lose my MIND. 11/10, first day purchase.

SpatialPSI

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Regent_EX
3DS FC
1091-7941-1344
I tried to main Pit a while back, but I never got really good with him. He is one of the characters I want to try out though.

Last edited:

Tsutori

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2320-6305-8112
Kid Icarus on Wii U would make me lose my MIND. 11/10, first day purchase.
If this happened I would definitely buy a Wii U. Not even Smash could make me buy the Wii U at this point since I have a 3DS to play Smash on. And the only other game I'm interested in is SMT x FE which we have zero knowledge about :|

@ SpatialPSI SpatialPSI Aww, well if you do decide to pick him up again, I'd be happy to help you out : D

Last edited:

_Darkpit_

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5026-4651-4206

Oh I hope you are right. I love the Kid Icarus series especially Kid Icarus Uprising. In germany I hear always Kid Icarus didn't sell successfully... I don't know, if it's true. Did Kid Icarus sell successfully in another countries ( USA, Japan....... ) ?

I would buy the Wii U for Kid Icarus and SSB4 ( also a remake of Kid Icarus Uprising ).

Okay but let's back to topic:

I know its only a dream, but I want to be one of the best Pitmainer of the world. ^-^ That is one of many reasons why I main Pit. But the main reason is he is very versatile, unique and its very funny to play with him.

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
I only started maining Pit when Uprising was unveiled, actually. :awesome: I haven't played as anybody else in Brawl since.

Oh I hope you are right. I love the Kid Icarus series especially Kid Icarus Uprising. In germany I hear always Kid Icarus didn't sell successfully... I don't know, if it's true. Did Kid Icarus sell successfully in another countries ( USA, Japan....... ) ?

I would buy the Wii U for Kid Icarus and SSB4 ( also a remake of Kid Icarus Uprising ).

Okay but let's back to topic:

I know its only a dream, but I want to be one of the best Pitmainer of the world. ^-^ That is one of many reasons why I main Pit. But the main reason is he is very versatile, unique and its very funny to play with him.
I believe KIU hit a million pretty quick for a minor Nintendo franchise. For some perspective, it did that early on in the 3DS's life while most Metroid games take much longer to reach a million on systems in the middle of their lives. Pit's future is looking bright, I'd say.

_Darkpit_

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5026-4651-4206
I only started maining Pit when Uprising was unveiled, actually. :awesome: I haven't played as anybody else in Brawl since.

I believe KIU hit a million pretty quick for a minor Nintendo franchise. For some perspective, it did that early on in the 3DS's life while most Metroid games take much longer to reach a million on systems in the middle of their lives. Pit's future is looking bright, I'd say.

To read that makes me happy <3. I hope Nintendo says: '' Let's develope a new Kid Icarus game! '' In germany it feels that Kid Icarus is unfamiliar... unfortunetly. But I hope I'm wrong. Since the release of Brawl, I tried Pit at first and I liked him each day more and more. Since Uprising I love him. =)

JesseMcCloud

AKA Zessei, Herald of Fate
NNID
JesseMcCloud
3DS FC
3652-0660-4917
I mained Meta Knight in Brawl for a long time, but after Uprising and the advent of Project M, Pit became my main. He'll be my secondary in Smash 4.

Deathcarter

Smash Lord
Pit was probably my most consistently played character after Ike. He's probably going to be the first character I try out (except for maybe Bowser) as it looks like he's much more fun to play this time around.

SmashWolf

Smash Journeyman
NNID
EchoSon
3DS FC
3738-0429-7658
Something about Pit felt off and just didn't match my playstyle in Brawl, so as much as I wanted to use him as one of my mains, I didn't. However, he looks a lot different and more fleshed out in Smash 4, so I'll definitly give the angel another shot.

With an improved down-B, a new side-B with superarmor that may have killing potential(something pit lacked severely), and me personally preferring the fast recovery he has now, I'm eager to try out Pit again for Smash 4.

GreySilence

Smash Rookie
Pit was my undisputed main in Brawl. He was just so.. so STYLISH xD Chaining arrows on airborne opponents, wing dashing, angelic stepping, deflecting physical attacks with the mirror shield, oh and even arrow looping. It certainly took a long time to get good at him, though. I hate how they're removing his glide and old recover, those were some of my most used abilities.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
I'm actually considering making Pit a main this time around. Finally playing Uprising earlier this year made me like the character, and he looks fun to play as. The Upperdash Arm especially looks satisfying to hit opponents with.

SmashShadow

Smash Champion
3DS FC
0104-0598-9588
Pit was probably my second most used character in brawl. I used to spend a lot of my time playing Pit dittos with lv 9's.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Pit is my second main in Project M. I try to use him in Brawl, but I can't really use him properly.

Pit is definitely going to be one of my mains in Smash 4 though. I love what they did with him!

mini paincakes

Smash Journeyman
In Brawl I used Icies, Marth, Snake, Wario and G&W. I didn't like Pit in Brawl because I found him annoying (bad in experiences with friends spamming his side-b and taunts in 4 player). Now, his character seems a lot cooler after uprising and his specials look a lot better so I might main him or at least keep him as a secondary. (that upperdash arm looks super satisfying)

Fire Tactician

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4596-9948-4995
Pit has been my Brawl main ever since the first Brawl trailer- he reminded me of Legolas! He's currently my best character in Brawl and I can go toe-to-toe with my friends' best characters with him. I don't really "get" him in Project M though, which is sad, but I'm still better with him than I am with most characters- I hate the changes they made to him, especially since I always mix up his Side B and Down B since Charizard's glide move is the Down one and Pit's is the Up one.

He looks outstanding in this next game and I'm hyped for his new KO move in Upperdash Arm. He's currently sitting in my top three potential mains (Robin, Lucina, and him).

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I only used him a couple of times before. Pretty complicated character to play as if you ask me.

raymundoTheGod

Smash Apprentice
I main Pit in Project M. I always had an interest in playing him since Brawl. Every time I picked him I didn't know how to use him, yet he still interested me. I'm glad I took the time to play him at least in PM, and he looks even cooler in the next game.

Last edited:

♦ Neosquid ♦

Smash Apprentice
I used to think Pit was some annoying sissy angel, so I did not play as him initially. However, Uprising made me actually like him. He's such a derp, it's gr8. I wouldn't call him one of my mains, but I certainly play as him at least sometimes.

Last edited:

wingedarcher7

The PSI Powerhouse
NNID
speedstar623
3DS FC
3411-2028-1159
Absolutely love Pit, and he's definitely one of my mains and probably one of my favorite video game characters. Amazing design, great personality, hilarious, and just hard not to love.

relaxedexcorcist

Smash Ace
NNID
relaxed
3DS FC
4167-4486-3541
He was always my main in Brawl. Though I literally only picked him because of the Awkward Zombie comics where Pit ends up "replacing" Roy, who was my Melee main.

Not sure if I'm gonna main in Smash 4 though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom