• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How many of you will get pokemon DP?

outofdashdwz

Smash Lord
I might, only for the WiFi competitive battling. Although since now they split physical and special attacks by attack, I'll need to do a lot of rethinking =(

Rickety

Peace and Love
I'm excited to see the return of some the features that went missing after GSC. I bought a DS just for this game! :] I wonder what year this one will take place in, and if the metagame will take a turn for the defensive like GSC did. I'm geeked out for it :-P

Super Samus 99

Smash Apprentice
haha, already have Diamond and Pearl. It's fun, definitely worth getting. ;)
No fair! How come you got it? You're in Hawaii, which is still in the USA. Yeah, I'll get one. I'm debating on which one I should get,but Pearl seems to be winning :)

commonyoshi

Smash Hero
I'm going to have the stupidest WiFi team ever. (assuming the pokemon stay relatively the same from the RSE gen)

Tyranatar
Shedninja
Shedninja
Shedninja
Shedninja
Shedninja

I'm not kidding. I want a no win record. You know, until I get bored with this team.

Smash Journeyman
i'm definbitely getting dp for sure thats the reason i bought a ds that and final fantasy 3.
but yea as far as rethinking strates and what not. thats a must seeing as though there will be a whole new set of pokemon striking my interest.

im want leaf green in a match soon as they come out:chuckle:.

Elen

Smash Lord
I'm going to have the stupidest WiFi team ever. (assuming the pokemon stay relatively the same from the RSE gen)

Tyranatar
Shedninja
Shedninja
Shedninja
Shedninja
Shedninja

I'm not kidding. I want a no win record. You know, until I get bored with this team.
ROFLMAO. Yea I'm definetely getting DP. And when I do I wanna play commonyoshi lolol. :chuckle:

:item9: Pkmn ftw.

commonyoshi

Smash Hero
I like how I seem to take credit for creating this team. This joke team's been here for a while, but I dont think people actually battle with it. I'll be the first to do so over WiFi.

Sure, I'll battle anyone who wants to increase their win count.

KirbyMan3000

Smash Lord
No fair! How come you got it? You're in Hawaii, which is still in the USA. Yeah, I'll get one. I'm debating on which one I should get,but Pearl seems to be winning :)
Lol, I can read Japanese. But you can still play it even if you can't read Japanese...you'll just need a walkthrough cause I tried and even then I still got stuck at some parts, I'm not fluent yet. XD

But um, if you guys can't wait 4 months then there's a local store here that has an online store that sells pretty much every game you can think of imported, including imports systems, like different color DS lites ;)

http://www.toysnjoys.com/welcome.html

For anyone interested...however, FYI because it's imported it does cost more.

Smasher89

Smash Lord
I imported pearl and only got stuck one time (to not spoil I´ll only use the word library...)
But yes, you´ll need to get some info on the net like nature translation, but´s that´s not too much for such good games (waiting for my american imored pearl, getting my 4th pkmn to lv 100, 5th with ditto lv 99^^)

Vader Rue

Smash Apprentice
Im planning on getting it and am already looking up the new stuff from it to prepare, or rather i've been looking it up for a few months. Some of the infomation they give is very valid for RSE aswell like the Types (Phsy, Special, other) for the attack basis

foxandyounglink

Smash Journeyman
Wow....of course...lol...i got a DS strictly for these games.... ive researched it like crazy.....they look like great games....i just hope its a little harder than Ru/Sa

Smasher89

Smash Lord
Harder, do you mean(?) harder to get the Goldtrainercard?, In that case it´s alot harder since the BT is like (!) and you´ll need 100 wins in a row, remember there is now a better card than gold now^^

Kai_

Smash Journeyman
Although I'm not that interested in getting D/P, as a gamer I must beat all Pokemon games. It's in my blood.

ChronoSquare

Smash Ace
I am so gonna get it; perhaps it would motivate me to finish up those teams I never fully leveled up in R/S, much less giving EV spreads to a tank team that would've introduced my poke-playing friends to competitive pokemon battling... All those hours leveling up meowth and harvesting to 95+ rare candies, and I hardly use them! :p

All I can say is: I cannot wait.

M

+9999999999
NNID
Meteor
^^^They are in these games, in fact the only pokemon not obtainable in Diamond or Pearl are the starters and legendaries from the previous 3 generations (which can still be transferred accross from other versions)

Yloh

Smash Apprentice
I might get this game for the wifi. I always love the strategy involved in Pokemon, but I never got to play anybody, so I never got the chance to see what worked and what didn't. It is really cool how they are bringing back the day and night system.

Ghostype

Smash Champion
I'm probably getting one of them, I need that WiFi....I have a grudge to settle with about four different punks from Maryland/New York. Handling it like men; WiFi Pokemon Battle.

Top Bottom