• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How many of your controllers has Smash messed up?

Nowaytoeatatater

Smash Ace
All 3 of my GC controllers have loose analog sticks because of it.

EDIT: Wait, crap, I meant to post this on General Brawl Discussion. Could a mod move this?

CUsmasher2011

Smash Journeyman
While I was in college, two gamecube controllers had messed-up control sticks, one had a non-functioning c-stick, and one of the wireless controller broke after only two weeks =P

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
surprisingly mine lasted about a year and a half, after that my analog stick kinda wanted to do it's own thing by controlling my characters in battle which was definetly a bad thing since I guess it was loose, later I had to connect and disconnect my contoller because the c-stick wasn't fuctioning correctly and was moving the screen at an angle.

so in short, only 1 controller.

unit182

Smash Apprentice
Only occasionally do I have problems where hy noctroler will just go to the left, but other than that, none

Foxtrotter

Smash Journeyman
NNID
msfoxtrott
A little story...

My two Brawl controllers are really bad-quality; they had food stains on the grips, one doesn't have pads on either stick, and one C-Stick barely registers movement. I don't even use one controller because the A, Y, and X buttons are loose. I decided to go to Gamestop and buy a neat platinum Gamecube controller, costing around 15$.

I nurtured the thing like it was my child.

After about a day of heavy Brawl usage, I come to play Brawl, and find that something was wrong... Fox was doing a hand-stand, not a jab-jab-kick. Crap.

The analog stick was already loose, pointing slightly up, but enough so that a jab turns into a utilt. I let my siblings use that controller.

Only today I picked up the Gamecube controller, and found out that the analog stick was fine. All that spazzing out for nothing. :/

So, only one of my controllers has been messed up by Smash. I'm one of the lucky ones~

-Big_-Blue 9

Smash Journeyman
I had 3 GCN controllers when I bought melee back in '01
but they stopped working near the end of '03

I've had more than 7 controllers since then...

superyoshi888

Smash Lord
A bunch. I had one controller, but it was one of those crappy controls(I remember you could change the face-plate), and whenever I pressed A, it would register twice, but my brothers thought it was me. Then I may have gotten a controller, not sure, but I finally got my own gamecube controller. My brother eventually broke his, so I let him use mine after I got a neat little Micro Controller, which worked suprisingly well. I eventually broke it though, then I got another. Sometime later I broke that one, then I got another...and after breaking that one, I had to use the wii-mote until I finally got my replacement, which was a platinum gamecube controller and since then I haven't had any problems with controller except for the fact that the one my brother is using has a screwed up c-stick.

(Oh, and this happened over a period of a few years, from the begining of Melee to Brawl. So no, I don't have really bad anger problems-but that still hasn't stopped me from throwing my controllers before.)

NicIsNotANinja

Smash Cadet
None of mine are screwed up, however i was eating some water melon while playing once and some must of got one my thumb because the top of my analogue stick has been stained a pinky sort of colour xD

MarthFanatique

Smash Journeyman
...no controllers have lost their poor souls in my citadel of Brawl and Melee (as a side note one of my PS2 controllers stopped working [random i know]). Yeah, my controllers are still good, nothing loose. I don't and never want to see anybody throw my controllers (although I've done it a few times in the past). But, it is perfectly fine to smash your controller into the floor (just watch your fingers lol) lol. Just remember: In Brawl it's better to Smash instead of throw lol bad pun i know...

Esoteric

Smash Apprentice
surprisingly mine lasted about a year and a half, after that my analog stick kinda wanted to do it's own thing by controlling my characters in battle which was definetly a bad thing since I guess it was loose, later I had to connect and disconnect my controller because the c-stick wasn't functioning correctly and was moving the screen at an angle.

so in short, only 1 controller.
Bolded for emphasis.

The same exact thing happened to one of mine. Only 1 for now, I have 2 wired and a Wavebird. I've been using the Wavebird a lot lately.

MxGm

Smash Cadet
Only one. The C-Stick is messed up, as it points up slightly enough for characters to do Usmash. The control stick is also a little loose, but that's okay. I've been using it a lot lately though, and managed to fix it.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
hmm...the two I've had since I got my gamecube about 5ish years ago both still work fine o_O

Pierce7d

Wise Hermit
3DS FC
1993-9028-0439
I have 6 official Nintendo controllers. Two of them work fine. The others have random problems, usually joystick or Cstick related. The other controllers have different problems of their own, but that might not be due to smash.

Fortunately my bro uses Classic, and my sister uses Nunchuck. I'm still gonna pick up a Platinum though.

Yoshipatrol

Smash Rookie
All of them lol Melee completely destroyed all my GC controllers. we finally have 4 again

Liquid_Kai?

Smash Apprentice
Yeah i've bust 2 during the melee days because of C Stick mashing.

One was a 3rd party peice of crap though, what do you expect for £2 worth?

starL33T

Smash Cadet
well I was playing Melee one day in the shed with the weights machine there and all, and needless to say the game was so frustrating, I just lost it and launched the controller, (wavebird, so so cord) hit the weights machine's legs and now i have a hole in the A button, no damage as such, but still rather annoying, but strangely satisfying at the time... so it was really my fault, not the game's.

icicleblade

Smash Apprentice
I have problems with the analog stick, it does it's own thing. And the rubber grips on one of mine are peeling off.

Crazy_mofo213

Smash Lord
Recently i broke the Joystick of my controller when i was playing with my brother. It was actually pretty funny because i broke it right as I was about to spike him, but ended up Sding myself because I couldn't move. That was my second controller broken due to Smash. :p

SmashBrother2008

Smash Lord
I have cured my dependecny of GameCube controllers (which are nolonger sold) by switching to the classic controller. It really makes Brawl feel like a brand new game!

Tofu_Rodeo

Smash Cadet
The only thing that smash has messed up for me so far are my fingernails and social life.

My first GC controller was messed up, but i don't think it was from smash, it was just a piece of crap.
The one i use right now is going strong.

Overload

Smash Lord
the rubber on the analog fell off on the controller that came with my cube

Magical Samurai

Smash Cadet
Well, my original controller is still usable, but input lag is much more noticable than any of my other controllers. The second I bought, this is back when the Gamecube came out; drifts, lags, etc. (It was my most used).
So, I bought a new one yesterday, which means I have 2 working, 2 not-so-working.

-Magical Samurai

D

Deleted member

2 broke from Smash 64. All 4 of them broke during Melee (bought 4 new ones) of those 4 new ones 2 are already broken from Brawl. (I have some kind of controller curse)

Dragonoise

Smash Apprentice
The first two were effectively destroyed by Melee---buttons no longer worked and one even shut off the game from time to time. The third was my replacement. Worked great at first, but the Z button stopped working and the characters would move on their own.

Then Brawl came along. I slammed the controller around a bit and killed that one off fairly quick. So, the count is three, at the moment. All were third-party pieces of trash.

Saltix

Smash Lord
The controller that came with my GC still works :]
Z button is starting to crap out, so I'll buy one of those White GC ones

PCHU

Smash Lord
I bought 2 controllers, but something's wrong with the purple one's A button (it sticks in) and the black and silver one has an analog stick that makes people suicide.
I mean it, somehow it's sticking to the left, and my friend has suicided countless times because of it.
It's weird, the rest of it works fine.....
I have my good old Jet Black controller, and it hasn't failed me yet.
Except the c-stick, since I'm using it more now than I ever used to, it's kind of weird, since it won't respond sometimes.
That, or lag is screwing my moves up AGAIN!

napZzz

Smash Hero
lol I've broken 3 controllers before, all because I have slammed them or thrown them. I get that mad sometimes.

cj.Shark

Smash Ace
3 controllers. i didnt feel like buying anymore so now im using wiimote+ nc.. if that breaks its gonna cost 60$ sigh.. good thing they are indestructable..unlike the much heavier and "superior" gamecube controllers. dumb fanboys

Top Bottom