• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How Many People Actually CP Characters?

Fire!

Smash Champion
NNID
Fire149
3DS FC
2809-9924-8928
I main Mario so I will almost counterpick using Falco.

Low tier main
High Tier second

Seems good to me.

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
Kirby and ZSS for me... Although I find myself using kirby for every matchup, and ZSS only at the start of each tourney.

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
Snake and Marth are the only things I just do not want to deal with, so DDD is always there to help out.

Kyari

Smash Lord
Slippi.gg
KYRI#103
I use Marth... I almost never ever ever ever CP. The only times I would is against MK, if I really don't think my Marth can beat them in round 2, I will go Pika... thanks to Anther I have confidence in that matchup, but other than that it's Marth all the way, half the time or more against MK as well.

Mr. Escalator

G&W Guru
NNID
MrEscalator
Well, I have never needed to counterpick a character in a tournament. G&W can be used solo, thankfully.
I have been tempted in one instance to CP FD and use Diddy versus MK, but I didn't follow up on it and won on Norfair anyways.

Remzi

formerly VaBengal
NNID
Remziz4
3DS FC
0302-1081-8167
It is extremely rare that I will CP. I have the utmost confidence in my Marth and he is my best character for every matchup. The only situations that I will switch to Link/DK are:

vs DK @ Japes- Link
vs Sonic @ FD- DK
vs opponent much worse than me- Link

Thats really it

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
I hate the Snake vs Kirby/Ice Climbers matchup, so I'll usually just CP Dedede.

If a Game and Watch destroys me, which they usually do, I'll CP my Marth.

sasook

Smash Champion
Considering Link only has 1 matchup in his favor, yes, I CP. Though, the only CP I have is ZSS. I can't play anyone else decently enough.

.Marik

is a social misfit
I hardly use anyone but Yoshi in Tournament matches.

Unless I panic, I'll use MetaKnight and Counterpick Rainbow Cruise. :laugh:

Smash Master
I used to use Ike, Falco, and G-Dub.

Then I switched to Metaknight. Took way less skill.

Then I quit Brawl, because MK dittos suck.

So no, I don't counterpick characters, and it's a doggone shame.

Zhamy

Smash Champion
I main Fox.

Hi Pikachu. Hi Sheik.

I second Marth. For me, it's almost a necessity.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
I switch characters a lot when I fight people. One round I'll pick Peach, but then switch to Snake then Lucario.

Do I do it to CP? no.

I just do it so I can play who I want to at the moment.

Starwarrior27

Smash Apprentice
I almost always counterpick, whether it is friendlies or it is an actual tournament. That way, I can use the experience at the friendlies to its fullest extent. It seems like choosing not to counterpick after an opponent has counterpicked would be a bad idea, as they have counterpicked that character for a reason. Whenever you win a game, you are given the opportunity to counterpick in order to not only add variety to the game, but use it to your advantage, as your opponent will not know your fighting style with that specific character. However, when you lose a game it is vital to counterpick according to your opponents new character. Failure to do so could be catastrophic.

Moozle

Smash Champion
Even though I don't play to win a lot, I still counterpick a lot just because I don't like playing certain characters. I always pick luigi against DDD, even though Peach has a better matchup against him just because I like luigi's moveset against DDD's.

huafei

Smash Rookie
Yeah. It’s good to be yourself. Same with you, I will try to do something. So I support your decision!

OmniOstrich

Smash Lord
I cant remember the last time outside of the 1st or 2nd round where after i won a match with an advantageous matchup my opponent DIDN'T switch to a character who had a better matchup.

t3h n00b

Smash Ace
Falcon's my main, and I honestly have no problem playing against Snake and MK, but there are some characters that can space well and not give you a chance to win (D3, Olimar, Marth)- so I usually end up cping against them- unless I can choose the stage. Then it's Norfair :cool:

Top Bottom