• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

how many would attend a bi-weekly?

C.R.Z

Smash Lord
i was planning on hosting the checkmate monthly in june, however fuzzy has not told me if hes booking yet and its prob late notice for alot of you.

i was thinking if i decided to host a Bi-weekly how many of you would actually attend them. If people decide they would actually like this i will actually put the effort in to start one (UK is sooo boring)

this would be for brawl and melee i guess...

gm jack

Smash Lord
I think a problem you would have (with the melee community at least) would be clashes with fuzz's monthlies and/or having too many events too close together. Two sets of monthly tournaments two weeks apart might work better.

Bullet Bill

Smash Master
i was planning on hosting the checkmate monthly in june, however fuzzy has not told me if hes booking yet and its prob late notice for alot of you.

i was thinking if i decided to host a Bi-weekly how many of you would actually attend them. If people decide they would actually like this i will actually put the effort in to start one (UK is sooo boring)

this would be for brawl and melee i guess...
where abouts in London would these be CRZ? I would attend some, but not all of them. Travelling to London is expensive for me so I can't do it very regularly.

cong

Smash Journeyman
i would come when ever i can but id come more if i only had to travel in zone 2/3 :D

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
Where would this be hosted, I would prob attend regardless but im not sure if you would get a decent turnout doing it at the same venue and sub-consciously people will just think of it as the same event and then go to the one with the expected better turnout unless you have something which seperates it from his.....I could be wrong though

L-J

Smash Ace
As far as Melee goes I'd do what Jack suggested and make these monthlies, 2 weeks apart from Fuzz's monthlies. I'd try and go to at least some of them but like Ben it's expensive for me to get to London from Bristol.

Damix91

Smash Journeyman
I'll go to anything in London

EDIT: Preferably not in the middle of nowhere though like the other venue.

C.R.Z

Smash Lord
well the checkmate monthly will be a monthly, its just that id like to start a small bi-weekly aswell.i wouldnt expect players from outside london to attend.

ok so i guess ill start venue hunting.it doesnt need to be huge but it needs to be cheap if its going to be every other week. Guys can you post where bouts you live, ill try and find the closest location to the majority of smashers so that its cheap for everyone to get too and doesnt take too long.thanks

Calzorz

Smash Lord
i live north of london , scunthorpe , will be cool if you can get venue in middle thanks for your time sir

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
There's actually a big hall in Thorton Heath right next to Thorton Heath Bus Garage which is down the road from me, you should check it out as they do other events there like Karate and all random gatherings

BTW I live in South London

B.Mack

Smash Ace
North London pl0x.

I think you should try to get one with good links to Euston/King's cross for people who live on the outskirts of London to encourage better turnout. holla at me if you need any help CRZ.

C.R.Z

Smash Lord
North London pl0x.

I think you should try to get one with good links to Euston/King's cross for people who live on the outskirts of London to encourage better turnout. holla at me if you need any help CRZ.
good idea
;)
right now siri and i are organised checkmate so this will be organised soon after

Top Bottom