• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

how much do you practice?

KrulNess

Smash Apprentice
just wanted to see how often or how much everybody else on here practices. or even how often or how much you play.

i normally play at least everyday, normally twice for about half an hour to one hour.

Own3dGuerO

Smash Apprentice
This seems familiar.

But I try to play everday.
For a few hours in the morning when no one is doing anything.
If I have a tourney the same week I play alot more.

shiva39

Smash Journeyman
2 hours...per week, max, barring a tournament, which are scarce and usually unattendable by me. And I love Smash to death. School owns me, though.

If ONLY I could play daily...

LemonManX

Smash Lord
Well generally I get hardcore practice in whenever my group of fellow Smashers are together (There are 5 of us) and for techs I try to at least get a few practices in per day. But this all varies, now I'm on holidays and have a tourney coming up soon I'll probably practice a bit more.

SRMagus

Smash Apprentice
I practice never.

Practice is boring. I play people if they want to play, otherwise, I don't play by myself. There are much better 1-player games than Smash.

WildStar

Smash Journeyman
I play like 2 hours a day to practice, depends on what I got going on. And it also depends on how bored I'am at the time.. cause if I'm really bored I end up playing longer.

Virgilijus

Nonnulli Laskowski praestant
BRoomer
I typically practice about once a day for upwards of an hour before I go to sleep although recently I have had to cut back a bit since finals are coming...

arielfox

Smash Rookie
I practice never.

Practice is boring. I play people if they want to play, otherwise, I don't play by myself. There are much better 1-player games than Smash.
I usually practic on the weekends with about three of my friends for some smash

xelad1

Smash Ace
30 minutes to an hour, but back when I first started learning techs it was about 3 hours a day. Now I just practice whatever I feel rusty on, and I practice with multiple characters. I know through what I've heard that the famous fox player Mew2King practices 8 hours a day minimum :D and I guess thats the secret to godly technical skill.

Vetti

Smash Rookie
I practice about 1-2 hours after school. I fight the computer and practice useing the PK thunder on Ness and hitting opponents in the air. Also practice my shuffling into Ness's Neutral air or his back air.

I also fight the computer with handicap in there favor.

Pure of Heart

Smash Journeyman
I practice up to 2 hours a day. 1 hour minimum. But I always at least try to get in some play time every day to keep my skill up.

Airo

Smash Lord
Richmond, BritishColumbia, Canada (williams+railw
what a thread =.=""""""""""

the title could almost be like

"who practices more"

or

"lets see who is more serious about this game"

i can bet half of you are shamelessly exagerating.

but ill still answer your question truthfully
i get on my game cube every now and then, just to keep spam wavedances and try to get them as flawless as possible. but i usually give up after 20 minutes.

but really, theres no point practicing anyways, other than learning tecniques, which most people already learned..

WildStar

Smash Journeyman
I practice all day.. sun up to sun down. I even quit school just so I could work on my DK skill. All I do is eat, sleep, and breathe smash. All day son! ALL DAY! </sarcasm>

AzurePhoenix

Smash Cadet
I practice my tech skills against lvl 1 cpu's about 10-20 minutes every other day.

Then I get bored. I may smack around a few lvl 9s.

Then I get bored again.

And curse my inability to attend tournaments.

Xelyst

-_-
usually a couple hours on the wknd (smashfest) or before a tourney does me some good .... just so it's not dominant xD

chip2

Smash Rookie
Hey,...practice makes perfect, right? i practice for an hour a day, but playing the computer gets boring! i will usually only play by myself with a tournament coming up.

shogun

Smash Journeyman
I practice by myself if my techincal skill is a bit out of shape, but I usually only play with friends and at tournaments.

Ghostype

Smash Champion
I don't actually practice much. I just play level nines a few times a week, when I play comps I do so for around half an hour. When I DO practice, it's for MAYBE three minutes.

Let's be honest, you only need to practice techs for like ten minutes if you wanna keep it consistent, an hour is too much unless you plan on storming a major tournament and placing.

XgimmickX

Smash Rookie
Since I'm not in any rush to head to a tourney or anything like that I practice only two, three times a week, for an hour to hour and a half.

spoonyd

Smash Apprentice
I try to get in at least 30 min a day just practicing tech skill. Unless you're M2K I don't think there's a ceiling to hit just in the tech skill department especially with someone like Fox. Characters like Marth (being very situationally dependent) are much harder to practice alone. All in all I think a little bit of practice alone each day is worth something even for just keeping learned tech solid and ready for use.

Fire Fox X

Smash Apprentice
I haven't played in weeks. =/ And I still need to perfect shinedashing... T-T This thread has given me inspiration again. *Runs off the play SSBM*

Adi

Smash Lord
Everyday when I get home from school I just go up against a level 1 cpu and practice pillaring/double shining/SHL and RSHL and various other falco oriented things for about 30 mins. Just to keep the fingers in shape ;).

Ghostype

Smash Champion
Update from last post here: I sometimes practice once or twice a week, or not at all. And when I DO, it's normally with just Fox and like no one else. Half an hour.

I prefer playing humans to computers, so that's when my actual practicing is done. That's on the norm two or three times a week, with tourneys at least every other Sat.

ToXn

Smash Journeyman
I practice 1 hour everyday in tournement setting each day. Sometime I will get an additinol 2-5 hours in if someone comes over or I go to there house. If it's a friday, I have my weekly smashfest where I play for 12-15 hours.

Top Bottom