• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How much have I Improved?

halu102

Smash Apprentice
I dunno, the peach and y.link players were meh. And I could tell that the f-smash was coming almost 100% of the time. Good technical skill though there isn't much with Roy. But good overall, too lazy to refer back to old video. Why don't you link back to the old match video (not the combo one) so as to compare. Yeah, almost no mindgame coming from y.link and peach I thought. Overall good. 8/10.

Oh and just a few things, watch how long your DED goes on (the only mistake was the first vid first DED). Careful with down attacks especially against peach on the edge, it'll be your doom. And try not to dair into people, such a bad move to go into, can easily be shieldgrabbed or whatever even if it's lcanceled.

exarch

doot doot doot
Usually not playing Brawl. Location: Enterprise
Hey I thought the first of these was entertaining ^^ That's an improvement already.

Specifics: (Against just from the first video)
I like dair myself, and I thought the use you made of it was fine. I disagree with halu.
Try to kill sooner than 150... I know it can't be helped all the time, and you did a decent job of it except that first stock. It's one of Roy's saving graces, and needs to be used to his advantage.
double tap z to deal with turnips. catch and drop; it's an old tipman trick.

good stuff!

funny about that minute thing...

Banned via Administration
no. you deal with tournaments by pressing a. done.

the peach still wasn't very good at DI

there are times with roy where you DONT need to be going mach speed all the time. ther are times where you should just space out peach instead of just attacking her.

lastly, and most importantly, this power metal was AWWWWWWFUUUUUUUULLLLLLLLL

Det

Smash Cadet
I got two minutes into the first video, and I don't really know what to say. What were you two doing? Your Roy has okay tech, I suppose, but you just aren't using him very well, in general.

To be fair, if you don't play with good players, you likely aren't going to get better. Play better players, and you may get better, after being trashed around for a while.

TedBoosley

Smash Ace
I got two minutes into the first video, and I don't really know what to say. What were you two doing? Your Roy has okay tech, I suppose, but you just aren't using him very well, in general.

To be fair, if you don't play with good players, you likely aren't going to get better. Play better players, and you may get better, after being trashed around for a while.
This man is given Boosley's seal of approval in all posts.

But yeah, basically what 5150 and Det said. Tech really isn't helpful if A.) You don't use it at the right times and B.) You do things with it that won't work against better players.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again, NinjaLink, record some tournament matches for us, and then we'll know how you play out of your crew.

Dr. Science

Smash Apprentice
Well I think your tech is amazing as well, however to me shffling with roy is more important than wavedaswhing and dash dancing, (although I still incorporate both)

Instead of wave dashing all the time, use it for spacing and for evading instead of rolling. (although you did not roll much this is still important to me.)

To me floaties are the bane of Roy's existance, making most shffl combos null, but I recommend using the forward aerial to keep them out of the air more and combo it into a forward smash or down smash.)

Be more offensive: In the first video you were at a standstill for a good 15 sec when peach spammed turnips trying to catch and throw them back, I'd advise ****** the fwd aerial while l cancelling it. When done properly you will catch them off guard with the little to no recovery time.

Having a solid offense with roy is a must. His sweetspot assures that this is neccessary.

So be bold, take risks, cc peach (yes cc peach!) get in there and ATTACK!

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
I dunno, the peach and y.link players were meh. And I could tell that the f-smash was coming almost 100% of the time. Good technical skill though there isn't much with Roy. But good overall, too lazy to refer back to old video. Why don't you link back to the old match video (not the combo one) so as to compare. Yeah, almost no mindgame coming from y.link and peach I thought. Overall good. 8/10.
See, this is why I dont like to have other characters I cant play with recorded that much, cause I get comments like this. I dont use Y.Link at all. And Im horrible with him. So dont judge my skills based on him. Now as for Peach...........no mindgames?. Dude, nothevery match I get into I can play hardcore. people do get tired playing so many matches in one day. Ya, tired. therefore I focus less. Now if NinjaLink went and took advantage of that then thats great. dont show your enemy mercy, cause I sure as hell wont. I dont know why he had to put that match of my as Y.Link up for.......but w/e, let it be. Why dont you take a look at some of the matches with me with him as he is link and roy in earlier matches of the set of matches he has on his account. I was in top shape to fight in smash. Judge and make your opinion based on that. not one this Or weak matches of me. Cause thats not how I judge others. even pros.. thank you.

the peach still wasn't very good at DI
Yep, Im horrible at DI comboes.dont know what to do about that sorry. But its good that He can take advantage of peoples weakness. So no problem on his Part here buddy, just mine for not knowing how to DI within combo range at all.....

I got two minutes into the first video, and I don't really know what to say. What were you two doing?
Read my post to halu........

And as for you NinjaLink. If you want to get good advice from people, put up good matches, not weak ones. the Y.Link one was weak, and so was the rest. the matches when we first started recording, those are the ones you need to show to get advice.Dont matter if you lost. You will get better advice if you lost or are having a hard time. Thats what I did with the matches with D1, I got ***** by his space animals. and I still put it on the boards so I could get help on that match up. screw being imbarrassed for getting *****. so what, I did not know the match up and I wanted help. People did not even laugh or put me down. all they said was "was that pretty bad how you got beat" then I got the advice I wanted. Now I can deal with Foxes and Falcos. Its not so hard anymore. the more you get owned, the better you will become and the better advice you will receive . To Get it right, you have to get it wrong first. remember that.

And I agree with TedBoosley, Go to more tournaments, and if you can get matches recorded, do it. but besides that, go to more tournies.Sure Playing me and Jash has help you, but we can only do so much, now if you enter tournies, you will gain more experience. You ARE gonna get own, so dont say that you will go when your ready like you did for the one a few weeks ago. no one in this crew is skilled to not get owned. So it will happen. and when you think your ready to enter, you WILL get beat again. thats the point of going. to lose then learn from your mistakes. You have mistakes. so show it if you want to fix them. Lets hope next time you put decent matches so I wont have to defend myself again and that you dont get post like you did here. If all the sounds harsh then sorry but it has to be said. Im not putting you down so dont think that. Yes you did improve, and now you give me a hard time to beat you then before. so that is good enough. But show good matches, not weak ones where comments like the one in this thread will be giving. You know your good. I give you these speeches every time , and I tell you to do these things in a fight cause it will help you. not complaining to you. and at times you say to leave you alone. Im helping you out. remember I use to play with roy for a long time before I let him go. So just cause I main Peach and dont use him anymore, dont mean my advice is no good. Take advice when giving to you. As well from Jash. So from this point one its all on you, if I give you a tip and you say buzz of then alright. its on you. I always had your back when people put you down in here and you know it. s if you keep pushing people that know what they are talking about away, then your gonna be on your own. and if me and Jash keep beating you...I wont have one thing to say to you, you'll be on your own. Your roy is good and you know what you have to do, so do it. But the right way. and you'll be fine.

halu102

Smash Apprentice
See, this is why I dont like to have other characters I cant play with recorded that much, cause I get comments like this. I dont use Y.Link at all. And Im horrible with him. So dont judge my skills based on him. Now as for Peach...........no mindgames?. Dude, nothevery match I get into I can play hardcore. people do get tired playing so many matches in one day. Ya, tired. therefore I focus less. Now if NinjaLink went and took advantage of that then thats great. dont show your enemy mercy, cause I sure as hell wont. I dont know why he had to put that match of my as Y.Link up for.......but w/e, let it be. Why dont you take a look at some of the matches with me with him as he is link and roy in earlier matches of the set of matches he has on his account. I was in top shape to fight in smash. Judge and make your opinion based on that. not one this Or weak matches of me. Cause thats not how I judge others. even pros.. thank you.
You can judge people the way you want, but I'm allowed to judge you based on this, since it was put up in the first place. If you don't like "bad" comments, I suggest you refuse to play if it's recorded, simple as that. And I find it very ignorant that I should just ignore all the "bad" matches and look only at the good, when even bad matches must be considered in critique.

"Oooh, that was a bad match of [insert pro alias here]... I'm just going to delete it and act like it never existed."

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
I see someone over looked something eh? I played bad, that does not mean thats how I really play, when I do better, and yes even bad matches are always better, can get more advice that way. All I said was if I played terrible, dont think thats the real me. That is all, talk is done, move on, have a nice day

JesiahTEG

Smash Master
Hmmm, ya Drk. Peach its really not Halu's fault for judging you based on those matches. I mean, it's prolly the only ones he saw of you, so it's expected. But, I agree with Drk. Peach that ninjalink should put of different vids. btw, drk peach you live in NY right? You busy this summer? I need some good peach practice.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Hmmm, ya Drk. Peach its really not Halu's fault for judging you based on those matches. I mean, it's prolly the only ones he saw of you, so it's expected. But, I agree with Drk. Peach that ninjalink should put of different vids. btw, drk peach you live in NY right? You busy this summer? I need some good peach practice.
I understand that and I said for him to look me up and see me at my best and give me a fair judgement. If this was his first time seeing me then ok. I get that. thats why I told him I played bad so its not the real me, and also to look me up on youtube and look at other matches of me. So he can see the real Dark.Pch, but im gonna drop it cause its really stupid to fight over someones opinion. when clearly I know how I am and what I can do, so im not gonna start a fight about this and move on *moves on*

This summer Im pretty much free. So I can get some games in with you if you want

Top Bottom