• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How much would it cost to...

Marthmaster92

Smash Champion
Stuck between a parallel dimension of code and you
... fix a Windows 95 labtop with a dead hard drive?
sounds like you'd be better off upgrading. not trying to be mean, but i don't know of any place that would repair a computer that old. you'd be better off upgrading IMO. just search ebay if you need to, you'll find what you need there i would assume. and plus, new laptops can start at only like $300-$400, so you should consider upgrading.

hope this helps.

leviathan_

Smash Journeyman
How much are the hard drives?

P.S. I have an old Gateway computer (non-laptop) with a 1 GB hard drive in my garage, is it possible to replace the laptop hard drive with that?

Sorry, I'm not too hardware savvy >_>

pdk

Smash Lord
find out what kind of connection and size the disk is first, a decent-sized modern laptop hd (which i doubt would be compatible) would be around $200 but you might want to look into auctions on older ones as well

leviathan_

Smash Journeyman
So, I found the model on eBay :) The dead hard drive only has 6.49 GB, while the one on eBay (and theres only one on it), has a little over 4 GB, but I don't really care. And it has a 3 day return policy. Should I get it?

Top Bottom