• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How practice shield pressure (shuffled nair-bair to shine and repeat)??

Timcanpy

Smash Cadet
if you know some way of practice this, like u were doing it on a shield, i mean, that involve the same timming, please tell me :)

pd: i was doing it with handicap 1,on a cpu handicap 9, but im not sure if this take the same timming that do it on a shield, probably not.

SUNG475

Smash Ace
Versus mode, damage ratio to 0.5 against bowser on like...mushroom kingdom and do it against the wall...that's how I practice it ><

Proverbs

Smash Lord
hit him while he has the starman, i think its the same timing for shield
I don't believe this is true, actually. The shield and the starman have different hitlags. You need to just put a rubber band around a second controller to practice shield pressure. That's all. From what I've learned from ArcNatural, these are the different timings you need to get used to for shffling:

Not hitting your opponent.
Hitting your opponent.
Hitting your opponent while shielding.
Hitting your opponent while he has the starman or otherwise invincible.

And all of these change for the ICs.

Best way to practice the second one is to put another controller in on Bowser, handicap set to 9 (yours set to one) and just go at him for a while. Same thing for shielding, but just put a rubber band on the other controller. And for the last just put starmen on medium and make sure he gets them. No use in doing it in training mode. No c-stick messes with you if you're used to using it.

And I'm sure you can figure out how to practice shffls without hitting your opponent.

This is all what I've heard, though, so someone correct me if I'm wrong.

ArcNatural

Banned ( ∫x, δx Points)
You have it mostly correct Proverbs. I also like to set the damage ratio to 0.5. Also since this is Fox I assume you want to practice Fox pillaring (nair -> shine, etc.) so you actually can use practice mode here and it works much easier for getting starmen that way. Starmen have roughly the same lag but I don't know if it's the same. It feels different though to me. So basically if you just want to nair and waveshine just use practice mode for starmen, much easier. It's actually not that hard to bair with A as well, as if you want to pillar it you usually want to delay the bair.

Just to clarify because Yedi is dumb.

1st method: you handicap 1, bowser handicap 9, damage ratio 0.5 I typically use this to get the feel for hitting someone without shielding.

2nd method: Practice mode with starmen, just don't worry about aerials you usually c-stick. This gives you a feel for shieldstun

Stratford

Smash Champion
I think starman is fairly close to shield hitlag, but it does feel a bit different. It's decent for practicing nairshine. You get a lot of time per starman.

Timcanpy

Smash Cadet
i feel the same, the timming with the starman is different, but is pretty near.
thx for all the responses

Top Bottom