• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How should I get to tourneys?

Squirtle the Master

Smash Cadet
Well, I don't have a ride to tourneys and well, anyone know ways of how to get rides to tourneys? I'm not known at all in the smash community, so I doubt anyone would give me a ride. I might try hitchhiking but...that kinda makes me look like an illegal. Worst case scenario, I walk...okay worst case scenario is I don't get to the tourney but you get my idea. Hardest part for me about getting to a tourney is my dad. Ugh, he's kinda gay when it comes to tourneys. Seriously, he's full of **** and I just wanna kick his *** for being such a douche. Even if a I managed to sneak out to a tourney, he's so gay, he'd prolly call the cops. No joke, my brother ran away once and my dad called the cops. Ugh, my dad is afraid of violence at tourneys lol, he's like "Oh, I'm gay, you need your gay brother to goto tourney with you cause he's gay and I want you to be gay too. Lolocaust I'm gay, your brother's gay so you should be gay too." Seriously, I hate that *****. I mean its not like I wouldn't tell him that I'm going to a tourney (hell, if I'm gone on the day of a tourney and he's too much of a ******* to realize I snuck out TO THE TOURNEY, wow....he's gayer than I thought). I don't have a phone and even if I did, my dad would be gay and prolly get the cops to track where I am cause he's gay. So, I need some tips on how to deal with this f@g. I also need tips on how to get rides to tourneys. Thanks for your time.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
lol, I love how it went from expressing your problems to creating a scenario where your whole family is gay.

Since I don't want to advocate seeking the help of randoms and getting into their cars to get to tourneys, I won't.

Dude, if there are other smashers heading to the same tourney, ask around in the tourney threads for a lift. Tell your dad its your friend from school or something : P

Vro

Smash Lord
As Zjiin once said: this is Smashboards, not Allaboutyourlifeboards.

onlymaskde

Smash Lord
Wow, dude. Thanks for making my night. :laugh: Ease up a bit.

If you have parents like you describe, there's nothing that can be done about it. That would be my advice, but if you see a chance in changing the way your father feels about you going to a tourney, you could try to talk to him.

rhan

Smash Hero
I really don't like it when the word "Gay" is used in a negitive manner. <.<

So....You're not known in your community, you can't sneak out at night, and you can't bum a ride off someone...Hate to say it though. The closest thing you'll ever get to a tourney if it's an online Brawl tourney. :/

Puddin

Smash Lord
Well, I don't have a ride to tourneys and well, anyone know ways of how to get rides to tourneys? I'm not known at all in the smash community, so I doubt anyone would give me a ride. I might try hitchhiking but...that kinda makes me look like an illegal. Worst case scenario, I walk...okay worst case scenario is I don't get to the tourney but you get my idea. Hardest part for me about getting to a tourney is my dad. Ugh, he's kinda gay when it comes to tourneys. Seriously, he's full of **** and I just wanna kick his *** for being such a douche. Even if a I managed to sneak out to a tourney, he's so gay, he'd prolly call the cops. No joke, my brother ran away once and my dad called the cops. Ugh, my dad is afraid of violence at tourneys lol, he's like "Oh, I'm gay, you need your gay brother to goto tourney with you cause he's gay and I want you to be gay too. Lolocaust I'm gay, your brother's gay so you should be gay too." Seriously, I hate that *****. I mean its not like I wouldn't tell him that I'm going to a tourney (hell, if I'm gone on the day of a tourney and he's too much of a ******* to realize I snuck out TO THE TOURNEY, wow....he's gayer than I thought). I don't have a phone and even if I did, my dad would be gay and prolly get the cops to track where I am cause he's gay. So, I need some tips on how to deal with this f@g. I also need tips on how to get rides to tourneys. Thanks for your time.
Well gosh thanks for your life story Molly.

Like everyones said it looks like you've got no way of gettin there.

If you have no phone how does your dad call the cops? Morse Code?

PoisonMist

Smash Journeyman
take a taxi and pray that your dad dosent call the cops orFind you and rub all of his so called "Geyness" on you and ur controllers.

<.<

IShotLazer

Smash Journeyman
Well... looks like your just kidna here to vent ya know?
I mean the scenario you have given us means that you're completely screwed. The best solution is just to ask another smasher to pick you up and promise to pay for gas. They do it all the time so I'm pretty sure its not too unlikely to happen for you. You need to set things up with your parents in advanced BIG time if they are so gun hoe against you doing such a thing. No one enjoys being under pressure so don't do anything you would regret. A tournament isn't THAT big of a deal, it's not worth being grounded or having the cops called on you.

IShotLazer

Smash Journeyman
I too foresaw a bel-air but it didn't come ;'(
Disappointing.
Bel-air is when you present an odd scenario or description of something and squeeze bits and parts of it with parts of the intro to Fresh Prince of Belair.

4Serial

Smash Lord
just let your dad know that the smash community is friendly and nothing bad ever happens. it's a safe and healthy hobby. you socialize at tournaments and there are so much worse things you could be doing with your spare time.

bus to tournaments
look for directions on the internet

BubbleTea

Smash Apprentice
well you definately wont get a ride from a homosexual person, cause you've most likely offended them to no end with this post.

But really? what is so bad about taking your brother? It could make it more fun going with someone you know instead of alone.

Maybe you should try to tell your dad about the positive social aspects that can arise from tournaments. You meet lots of nice people :D

Top Bottom