• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How to approach with Jabs

comboking

Smash Master
there is this really good tactic that i foundheres how to do it.

hold A and then hit it then immediately hold A and repeat. ike should punch then kick and then keep repeating this just like he does when you use the ganon jab lock thing.

this allows you to move forward while jabbing and blocking projectiles.

Arturito_Burrito

Smash Master
It doesn't work for blocking projectiles because you'll end up getting hit if your jab is ending or didn't start fast enough. seeing as your just doing it at a constant speed and follow a pattern your opponent could figure it out.

what I hate the most is when someone posts something dumb like this you tell them to use the general discussion sticky yet you make a new thread every time you think you find something new.

XACE-K

Smash Master
This has most likely been known before but nobody said anything because it had no use.

metroid1117

Smash Master
doesn't the kick have any priority?
The kick may have priority, but its hitbox only lasts for so long. As Arturito_Burrito said, there'll be an obvious pattern to this, which makes it easy for your opponents to hit you from the air (aerials will always clash with another attack if their hitboxes collide at the same time). Just about any character can get through this; it's nothing special, no offense.

FrznSaber

Smash Journeyman
I actually tried doing this when fighting my friend who was using a Mario spamming fireballs. So I attempted the Jab walk with Ike to block them, but I usually got caught in between jabs and kicks. Helpfuls sometimes, just not all the time.

ama(m/t)

Smash Lord
i am comboking and i make how-to threads without actually ever having done what i am trying to teach

MTD

Smash Apprentice
lmao this is so old

and this is not a good way to approach, AT ALL

Tenki

Smash Hero
lol combat walk

it's in the general glitch/AT thread in tactical discussion

.:DRAKE:.

Smash Apprentice
there is this really good tactic that i foundheres how to do it.

hold A and then hit it then immediately hold A and repeat. ike should punch then kick and then keep repeating this just like he does when you use the ganon jab lock thing.

this allows you to move forward while jabbing and blocking projectiles.
Hahahahaha. You fail at life.

Trying to punch and kick projectiles hey? There really is this really good tactic that I found and here's how to do it:
Try > Fail > Bend over > Pucker up > Kiss your stupid *** goodbye

Black Waltz

Smash Champion
so...old...and it sucks, i've never been able to get close to someone like that. they just punish you in between the jab and kick.

Top Bottom