• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How to Appropriately Punish MetaKnight : A Marth Guide *Finished!*

ZHMT

Smash Lord
NNID
zeeehmtee
Not only that, but its easy to really keep them trapped. Every option is really covered by grabbing, fair or DS oos. Personally I Stand there and crouch (as if I will dtilt, sometimes I do) this makes them realize they have no options at all. They are forced into doing something dumb. The only way Marth can lose his advantage on the ledge is by messing up or being outpredicted in some way.

ZHMT

Smash Lord
NNID
zeeehmtee
Theres 6 things MK can do really. Roll, get up, get up attack, tornado, shuttle loop, drill rush.

DS oos beats tornado, shuttle loop's glide attack (need to time it), and drill rush.

Dtilt beats the other 3 but it doesnt reset the situation, which is why I grab and throw.

Get up attack is also beaten bad by DS oos (especially when they are over 100%)

ZHMT

Smash Lord
NNID
zeeehmtee
ZMT if he shuttle loops just run under him and up-air
True true, I was just saying my personal preference really. At 100%ish MK can survive a tipped uair if he DI's and uairs and ****. (However, I use uair a lot so I doubt it was undiminished) But they may expect a DS and DI the wrong way, so both work really.

feardragon64

Smash Champion
What about ledge jump air dodge? MK has enough jumps to just jump right after it and after that he's in a much better position. His goal is no longer to get PAST you so much as it is to touch the ground before you hit him. That and now he can mind game his dair with his remaining jumps ><

ZHMT

Smash Lord
NNID
zeeehmtee
Well, you can hit him after his air dodge in the frames he cant do anything. Plus Marth's uair and fair beats MK's dair if spaced correctly.

Pierce7d

Wise Hermit
3DS FC
1993-9028-0439
I was reading through and I'm surprised. Quite a few flaws Kadaj. Shielded SL is always punishable by Uair, and Uairing underneath is is a pretty reliable challange, didn't I tell you all?

Also, you really shouldn't try to punish MK's fsmash, though they like to do stuff immediately after, so counter is good. Counter is also a great way to punish Drill rush, especially off the ledge.

Uair reliably beats MK's Dair. Just be careful of a mindgame Tornado.

Also, Dancing Blade is pretty reliable for punishing Tornado. After he moves off of you, shield drop and walk a bit. Don't dash unless the tornado is nearly out of fuel.

You can also fsmash or shield breaker both Tornado or Drill if you're accurate, but that's for pros only. Still, you have to start practicing sometime.

_Kadaj_

Smash Hero
Throw that P***y at me? B***h I think Im Babe Ruth
from what positions for f smashing and shieldbreaker?

if your talking about a standing position I think I added f smash.

there are somethings I didn't add because there not as safe as others.

I know u air beat his dair but I wasn't discussing what moves beat or out prioritize mk's moves just simply punishes his moves

all im saying is that I wasn't posting how to punish certain moves after their lag I was trying to discuss how to punish most of them as they occur.

but just give me some time I should have this re done with some sections added either before cot4 or afterwards

Doomblaze

Smash Journeyman
Its finally done, nice job Kadaj, this should help everyone out

Fsmashing a tornado is risky unless you're Ankoku, but i find that shieldbreaker works pretty well.

Add to it after cot4 cuz that way you will have learned more about how to pwn metaknights.

TKD

Smash Lord
MK's Forward Tilt

Ideally what you want to happen is that MK does all Three hits of the Forward Tilt. BUT if he does NOT then Your Best options are to either Shield Grab or Dolphin Slash.
For the record, I'd like to state that you can notice if the Meta Knight player performs a slow Ftilt. If you wait for the 2nd hit, either all 3 hits go by if they do it quickly while you shield, giving you a free punish, or you'll notice by the time of the 2nd hit that they're doing it slow, so you can react quickly. I'd suggest a DB. Grab if they miss-spaced I guess.

If they only do the 1st hit and then Dtilt, then it's a bit trickier, but in that case, there is a section in this thread for Meta Knight's Dtilt anyway.

Top Bottom