• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How to avoid being stun locked? And something else.

Synnett

Alligator Lord
1. Alright, so I recently started practicing against AI Fox, and since level 7 is too noob, I decided to try that level 8... but Jesus Christ, I don't know if human ones are as annoying as this, but whenever I get close to it, it starts kicking in an erratic, random way, and I can't even move! I don't even try to grab... it pisses me off to an extreme, really. And when I manage sliding to the other side, it just switches side and start again. Same thing with all characters.

Well, is it the same thing with humans, like in tournaments? I can't really practice with humans since every single person I've ever met in my whole entire 17 years old life sucks hard at video games - mostly this one - except for one friend who spams projectiles with Link, and do the same thing with its dafuq sword range.

But yea, any way to avoid this? Whenever I land an attack, it just get up beside me and start that shiet. I always have to slide away (something that my friend pointed out), really boring. (Really, I can't even do that neutralA jab) Any tips welcomed!

2. Dat lag when I'm hit. Well, if I'm hit off-stage, it sometimes take an eternity to do that recovery move, even when smashing the "B" button. And it's pretty horrifying when I try to get close with that sideB move. I often fall to my death. Is it a problem of the game, or just me? I can't seem to figure it out. Also, sometimes, I'm hit off-stage while standing on the floor, and I don't have that double-jump anymore... this is pretty deadly.

Phez_

Smash Apprentice
Don't practice against any cpu above level 3 or 4. you can practice combos against cpus below level 4, but its generally not a good idea to play against AI at all.

You have a few good options for solo practice;
1. get the 20XX hack pack (best option)
2. use the 1 player melee glitch and practice movement. e.g fast shffl aerials, up-b angles and wavelands. (this is what I do)

This post by PPMD is probably the most helpful thing for you right now. Try to practice all the things he talks about and apply them to pikachu. you don't need 20XX for any of them (I think).

Well, is it the same thing with humans, like in tournaments? I can't really practice with humans since every single person I've ever met in my whole entire 17 years old life sucks hard at video games - mostly this one - except for one friend who spams projectiles with Link.
also join your areas facebook group for smash and try to attend as many tourneys as you can. Have fun :)

Last edited:

Synnett

Alligator Lord
Since I play on gamecube, I can't hack my AI :/ But that glitch sounds like a nice option.

Thanks for the help! :)

1000g2g3g4g800999

Smash Journeyman
To actually answer your questions, DI and SDI away (hold, flick, or roll the control stick in directions away from the opponent when hit).
You can jump and do attacks like b-moves when your character starts to roll or "tumble" in midair.

Top Bottom