• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How to Avoid *most* Projectiles!

shatoga

Smash Cadet
Ever get really tired of people projectile spamming?Well i found a way that's quick, easy, has no lag, and you can move while doing it! It's called holding down the joystick.

Many comprehensive tests and studies have proven that some characters can actually crawl on the floor.Most if not all arrows, lasers and other things can be avoided it this is done correctly.All they do is fly over your head, and you can just crawl up to the person.This probably won't work on items since they can throw them at you (duh).

I'm actually not sure which characters have this amazing and unique ability, but here's some:

Squirtle
Snake
ZSS (Zero Suit Samus)
Luigi
Lucario
Wario
Pikachu
Sheik
Yoshi
Mention anyone else.

aurablaze

Smash Rookie
haha, snake looks serious. unfortunately, pit can still "bend" his arrows on you. : ( nice find though. can't believe i never thought of this.

bman in 2288

Smash Journeyman
Either Sheik or Snake has the best crouch, because they can follow up with a good attack (dtilt). Everyone else's dtilt require you to close the gap, whereas the opponent can then be able to counterattack before you do anything.

The Jester

Smash Rookie
Yoshi Yoshi Yoshi Yoshi Yoshi Yoshi Yoshi Yoshi Yoshi Yoshi Yoshi Yoshi

Yoshi can crawl like hes drawing or something : P

NESSBOUNDER

Smash Master
Although even while crawling, you're still going to be hit by fully charged Aura shere's/charge shots, PK Fires, Pit's bent arrows, grenades, turnips, fireballs, bombs, boomerangs, arrows, fire breath, waddle dees etc.

Surgo

Smash Apprentice
Kirby can't crawl, but he can duck under pretty much any projectile (Pit's arrows and Pikachu's thundershocks as obvious exceptions) as he practically merges to the ground. Worth noting at least.

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
CRAWLING, WOW?

YOU MEN LIK IN MELLEEE WER EU CAN JUST DUCK??? WOOZORZ

Um, yeah, crawling = limited movement. When I play Falco, I WANT people to be forced to crawl.

whoady4shoady

Smash Apprentice
I cant believe how many of you guys never used this. I would have never thought of posting this since I woud think i would be flamed.

Cebo

Smash Rookie
Ivysaur crawls... although it barely lowers her vertical height.

Mercury

Smash Apprentice
wow, are you kidding me? they had this in the brawl advertisements. how did anyone not know this?

Phoenix~Lament

Smash Ace
Although even while crawling, you're still going to be hit by fully charged Aura shere's/charge shots, PK Fires, Pit's bent arrows, grenades, turnips, fireballs, bombs, boomerangs, arrows, fire breath, waddle dees etc.
Lol. No one is impervious to the Toon Link!

drag0nfeather

Smash Journeyman
Many projectiles can be aimed to hit any crouching players. Crawling is ineffective since you will be on a slow advance and your opponent can intercept you easily. Better to come at them from a diagonal angle and force them to move.

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
If someone's being really spammy, I'll whip this out and move around for a bit to show them that that tactic won't work on me, then let them figure something else out. It's a deterrent, but it would be better if it gave you a bit more mobility.

Also, Wario's crawl is ****.

-Knux-

Smash Ace
Kirby's ducking noise and low duck together = AWESOME. Repeatedly ducking with Kirby is my fourth taunt.

rigapeen

Smash Apprentice
crawling is good for dodging some aerials too. the only people it really destroys are fox and falco but their game isnt relying on lasers anymore. most other characters can find a way to hit you. if not they'll just dash attack or grab and all you can do is downtilt or up/fsmash or shield

shatoga

Smash Cadet
I already said most, and you can get up and shield in an instant.

Jeshii

Smash Rookie
Lucario crawls, but he is still kinda tall. Doesn't put him under anything.

I think Snake's crawl and his down a are pretty amazing, cause not only does it go under a lot of stuff, but that attack is killer.

Oukami

Smash Rookie
the thing is with pits arrows are fast and can curve so yeah good luck lol
unless if your close enough but then the pit user is being silly for using a close range projectile >.>

shatoga

Smash Cadet
the thing is with pits arrows are fast and can curve so yeah good luck lol
unless if your close enough but then the pit user is being silly for using a close range projectile >.>
I find it hard to curve his arrows for some reason.=|

Katalicious

Smash Rookie
I'm pretty sure that wolf's blaster can hit crawling players as well. When I played wolf vs. my sister's sheik, she tried to crawl but the laser was so fat that it hit her anyway. Therefore crawling doesn't really work so well against most projectile-spammers.

Top Bottom