• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How to beat a Kirby Inhale spammer

C.D

Smash Rookie
Me and my cousen are smash players and are always brawling.
He mains Kirby and i main Sonic but the one problem I have is his Inhale move. He was gets to one side of the stage and starts the move while I am charging a spin or running at him. Its not that i cant get around it by jumping or using a homing attack but I want to know if there is a more punishing way of stopping him spamming it?

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
As long as you punish him - no matter to what extent - he will stop spamming, unless he's stupid, even if it's only a weak attack.

Wrong board though. It belongs to the character discussion

~Gonzo~

Smash Ace
tru about the wrong boards but are u sure he's spamming it or is he using it to counter ur running A or spin dash? cuz i use inhale a lot against sonic also just cuz sonic is so fast that its hard for him to get out or stop b4 he reaches Kirby's inhale.

Lex Crunch

Smash Journeyman
It's not like it's killing you, is it? Sonic's recovery should be more than enough to get him out of that situation if he falls that far if my assumption is correct. Just predict his inhaling bull crap and counter it somehow. You're the Sonic main, so you figure out the best method. Perhaps an aerial drop?

Tenki

Smash Hero
jump> drop spring > ??? > profit
spinshot/normal jump behind Kirby > b-air > ??? > profit

If he really sucks or whatever, bait him off stage to try to to Kirbicide, break out of it and knock him with a homing attack> footstool/spring/whatever, or if he's really committed to it, just dodge it and start trying to do under-level gimps (falling F-air, B-air, footstool, falling springs) after he misses the ledge.

C.D

Smash Rookie
Sorry for using the wrong board but now i know. Its just hes stubben he wound just wait until he kills me the goes for the kirbycide. Like i said i can avoid it with ease I just want to know if theres a way to stop him from using it as much like away around it. P.S. which character board wound this go in sonic or kirby?

Pearl Floatzel

Smash Apprentice
With Sonic?
Side Taunt. There's no way he can stall then.

Otherwise, just keep punishing with homing attacks and aerials. Free damage.

East

Crappy Imitation
Doing Tricks in a Mansion Location: Tokyo, JP
Well if you really wanted to punish him, every time he inhales, smack him upside the back of his head. Not metaphorically in the game, I mean realistically in your living room. What it is in it's core is conditioning. He makes an input [pressing B with kirby], and you present the response [pimp hand up the back of the head]. After only a day or so you'll instantly notice him doing it less and less. This of course takes into account that he actually doesn't like pain. More than often pain is a response that usually deters an action; however, if he's a masochist [This is actually a great way to find out at an early age] he'll inhale more often. In that case, you'll really have a problem.

qmann28

Smash Apprentice
Well, you could try spin dashin at him, to bait him into it, then jump over it, jump out of the spin dash, and then bair your way to victory.

kainsword

Smash Journeyman
Thing is, since Sonic has such horribly laggy jumps, there's nothing much you can do besides possibly two hits before Kirby has the time to retaliate.

Given that Sonic's air game is terrible and that hitstun is naturally short in Brawl, there's very little you can do besides perhaps a throw -> attack -> attack.

Tenki

Smash Hero
Given that Sonic's air game is terrible and that hitstun is naturally short in Brawl, there's very little you can do besides perhaps a throw -> attack -> attack.
:urg:?

@TC:
anyway, if you're a competent Sonic mainer, uh, I just thought of an inhale punishment move.

RAR ASC doublehit > B-air and 30% that mofo.

or RAR ASCx2> U-air juggle etc

ShadowLink84

Smash Hero
Thing is, since Sonic has such horribly laggy jumps, there's nothing much you can do besides possibly two hits before Kirby has the time to retaliate.
I laugh.

I laugh even harder.

ROOOOY!

Smash Master
NNID
Gengite
3DS FC
5456-0280-5804
ye gaiz srsly sonik hsa no combs.

I don't know what you mean about laggy jumps. Horizontal airspeed he's 6th fastest in the game. He's quite a slow faller though.

I hate people.

Edit : As for the actual topic, just jump behind him?

CaliburChamp

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-6575-2504
This is something I recently learned yesterday... you can shield against inhale so it wont suck you up, and if your in grab range, shield grab.

Ham Enterprises

Smash Journeyman
If that's the only thing he does, go to the opposite side and and do Sonic's side taunt, enventually it should annoy him to the extent of attacking normally.

SmileyStation

Smash Journeyman
Do inhale spammers exist? Dear god i need to try that tactic!!! >.> Hit em at the top of the mouth. Or roll behind him. Problem solved.

neon..?

Smash Journeyman
lol well you should just have time with the stock match and just stall..

Top Bottom