• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How to beat Kazuya as Bowser

Goomboi

Smash Apprentice
So you want to beat the buff devil guy. Well I happen to have trained for at least 100 hours and will now impart to you any knowledge I have picked up regarding the MU with bowser.

How to play neutral: Kaz does not have a great neutral and as long as we avoid his combos starters those being grab nair and EWGF (which we outrange.) he will have trouble keeping up with you percent wise. DO NOT approach him in neutral as you will get grabbed and promptly lose a stock or take at least 50%. Now laser may be of concern to you do not worry about it as it is slow and reactible. Just shield or even better jump over it. He will have to approach you if he wants to do anything meaningful while you can always run in to punish a move of his if your careful and smart about it.

Advantage: So you've hit hum and now hes lost stage control. Now this is when you can apply pressure carefully and choke him out in the corner, his disadvantage is the worst part about the character and is easily exploitable if he shields he narrows down his options as he is the only character with a 7 frame jump squat thus making using an aerial out of shield not a possibility without a read. Tomohawks and a perfectly spaced bair or fair can beat grab out of shield Fire breath works but only if you know they wont roll or wavedash. If you get them offstage ledge trap the first few times to see if they like to laser off stage a ton of them do and if you catch it it can lead to a kill. If they dont

Disadvantage: Mixup your DI while being comboed and if he hits you without a combo just dont panic.

Do you have any tips for kazuya tell me down below.

Top Bottom