• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How to beat Marth's dash attack/dash grab

Zen100

Smash Rookie
I know this may sound like a scrub thing to ask but I play against a guy who dash attacks or dash grabs either when I'm shooting lasers or he will just approach with it like 90% of the time. If i could figure how to punish those things that would be great.

LSSH | fish

Smash Rookie
If you short-hop turnaround laser you should be able to out-space him, but it's pretty dependent on the size of the stage. If he's constantly approaching with dashing/dash-grab you should consider a counter approach from the air whether that be a down air or an approaching back air since he can't immediately up-tilt out of dash and he can't grab you in the air.

1000g2g3g4g800999

Smash Journeyman
You can aerial the approach. Dair is great for stuffing dash attack, and bair and nair can also work well. If he isn't ASDIing down (until later percents) and grabbing out of hit, ftilt can work decently here too. Dashattack tends to be pretty punishable OoS if you don't lightshield and shield DI in. A well timed spotdodge can also work (it's decent vs Marth's pretty much everything because of his lack of active frames, but he might just dash dance grab you when you start doing this, and a nair at the timing of most other moves he could throw out will probably hit you).

Try not to laser at range for him to do these or too much. Try to change positioning while lasering.

FalcoSBM1990

Smash Cadet
Just pay attention to Armada's analysis about Mango's and Leffen's last encounter at the Genesis 4 and you will find the answer.

Mango applied an innovative laser technic.

Last edited:
Top Bottom