• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How to beat Sheik?

EgeDal

Smash Journeyman
I'm having real hard times fighting even the stupidest Sheik main. I main Rosalina and Marth, and unfortunately even though Rosalina can perform easy follow ups thanks to Luma, they both still can't pull off combos like Sheik. Sheik has guaranteed combos until like 70% i guess, on the other hand Marth can't even perform a combo at 0%(i'm talking about those "true" combos, not the ones with predicts, i already do them anyway). We all know Sheik is OP anyway so you don't need to read all these again since you already know.

But can you please help me how to deal with her?

Last edited:

David Galanos

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Apost1e
I verse my friend who is a very good sheik main and is very good with her combos. If you are used to getting a lot of follow ups and combos like i am you might not be able to anymore. When I do beat him I noticed I played a little less aggressively and tried not to make myself easily grabbed.

Wasserwipf

Smash Apprentice
NNID
wasserwipf
3DS FC
2809-9876-8323
Rosaluma, when used correctly, shouldn't have much problems breaking out of Sheiks combos. Luma prevents needles and basicly destroys Sheiks grab game. Marth on the other hand, has more range than Sheik, so spacing is the key here. If she can't go in, she can't do much damage fast, but she needs alot to actually kill. So both MU'^s should be winnable.

You may want to use your desync alot with Rosaluma and have stage control. Don't let Sheik play her game. If you get hit, try to get out either by DIing properly (Sheiks combos are NOT guaranteed that long... or don't do much damage then) or using Luma to interfere. Don't let Luma die. Use your aerials and Luma to keepyour distance. if necessary, play more defensive. In addition, try out Lumas customs... they could help a bit. Keep in mind I'm by no means a Rosaluma player, if you want detailed info on the MU go to the Luma boards, they might have more helpful advice.

Hope that helps... a bit.

EgeDal

Smash Journeyman
Rosaluma, when used correctly, shouldn't have much problems breaking out of Sheiks combos. Luma prevents needles and basicly destroys Sheiks grab game. Marth on the other hand, has more range than Sheik, so spacing is the key here. If she can't go in, she can't do much damage fast, but she needs alot to actually kill. So both MU'^s should be winnable.

You may want to use your desync alot with Rosaluma and have stage control. Don't let Sheik play her game. If you get hit, try to get out either by DIing properly (Sheiks combos are NOT guaranteed that long... or don't do much damage then) or using Luma to interfere. Don't let Luma die. Use your aerials and Luma to keepyour distance. if necessary, play more defensive. In addition, try out Lumas customs... they could help a bit. Keep in mind I'm by no means a Rosaluma player, if you want detailed info on the MU go to the Luma boards, they might have more helpful advice.

Hope that helps... a bit.

Thank you for trying to help, i guess you're right about Marth but, everything you know about Rosa is wrong after the last update. She can't safely get out of grabs anymore, Luma doesn't listen to her while she is grabbed (if luma is desynced then it works but luma is never close enough to get you out of a grab when it is desynced), also needles ALWAYS hit Rosalina too, because they're not being thrown in one single line, they're being thrown in like, 3 different lines, there's no escape.

It's impossible to keep Luma alive when fighting against Sheik because even three needle of Sheik makes Luma dizzy and vulnerable. If that's done close to ledge, Luma dies.

I thought the most broken character was Yoshi, but i think i'll change my mind soon. :p

Wasserwipf

Smash Apprentice
NNID
wasserwipf
3DS FC
2809-9876-8323
Thank you for trying to help, i guess you're right about Marth but, everything you know about Rosa is wrong after the last update. She can't safely get out of grabs anymore, Luma doesn't listen to her while she is grabbed (if luma is desynced then it works but luma is never close enough to get you out of a grab when it is desynced), also needles ALWAYS hit Rosalina too, because they're not being thrown in one single line, they're being thrown in like, 3 different lines, there's no escape.

It's impossible to keep Luma alive when fighting against Sheik because even three needle of Sheik makes Luma dizzy and vulnerable. If that's done close to ledge, Luma dies.

I thought the most broken character was Yoshi, but i think i'll change my mind soon. :p
It surprising how hard it is to think MU's backwards (I'm a Sheik main), and yes, you're right, I havent played any Rosaluma yet after the patch x.x Sorry then.

N3XUS

Smash Apprentice

This is my experience against Rosa as well. I don't really even go after luma, I just full needle that star then pressure rosa.

Top Bottom