• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How to Control Diddy's Final Smash?

Illussionary

Smash Journeyman
Everytime I use it ends in a suicide, does anybody know how to pilot it effectivly, or to control it?

Thank You in Advance.

Faustum

Smash Rookie
how do you expect to control a final smash if you can't control how many times you post threads

The Don

Smash Cadet
Dude Faustum calm down its a legit question......... I have the same problem i mean i dont suicide but it is hard to pilot any advice tips??

Illussionary

Smash Journeyman
how do you expect to control a final smash if you can't control how many times you post threads
Lol, but srly stop being an *** it happens, ok? My cpu was lagging, and apparently I clicked to much, now calm down, and tell me how to control the final smash.

SharkAttack

Smash Lord
just stay above the platform and keep shooting
That's what I do, just stay on the stage on fire. Everytime I attempt to chase down my opponents I end up flying underneath the stage and on occasion SD. I haven't practiced his final smash enough in training mode or in battles.(I never get the smash ball :mad:)
But I'm sure someone on here will post a great control method before I figure it out, but till then just fly around slowly and fire like crazy.

Sturnip

Smash Rookie
When you steer left or right, the barrel's jets angle, and propel you left or right. I think (haven't used final smash in a while) you have to angle the jets so that they point down in order to gain altitude .

SkiMaskSkeet

Smash Cadet
If you press up on the control stick with Diddy's FS, it goes upward.

if you try and go upwards while moving sideways it usually doesn't work and you will wind up killing yourself.
Soooo I guess I suggest not moving sideways when you want height.

blueluigi

Smash Rookie
keep in mind that if you don't hold an upward direction while using his FS, his barrels will not boost you up and you will descend.

WhiteCarnation

Smash Cadet
Try going into Practice mode and spawning smash balls to get a 'feel' for how the jetpack drives

If I go under the stage, I just stop firing and guide myself back up. I notice it's a lot easier to control if you arn't firing, because I think firing causes you to gain more momentum.

I usually just fly back and forth while raining peanuts on people.

The |Egg| Sniper

Smash Apprentice
i think firing also lowers altitude...
Very slightly, but almost not enough to notice.

The way I use the rocket barrels is this: Once I get enough height, I go in the opposite direction of the way I want to fire and start shooting. If they're more below me than to the side I chose, I simply stop pressing any direction (or hold up if I need more altitude). You'll slowly lose altitude, but remember the aim right now is to shoot them, not gain altitude.

On a side note, I almost always keep the FS above the stage, not over the sides. The only time I go beyond that is to finish some fat character off, and I'm usually VERY high in the sky, allowing me to grab the edge.

Top Bottom