• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How to deal with Sheik's Fair? - Perfect Parry Shield Grab OS

yagg

Smash Rookie
NNID
yagg_x
3DS FC
1950-9205-7858
Hi guys! my first post here.
I've just uploaded a video explaining a good option to deal with Sheik's Fair, using the Perfect Parry Shield Grab OS (PPSGOS):

I think DDD's best PPSGOS option is jab (frame 10, good range, can follow up)
Here is my video. Do you think it could be usefull against Sheik?

shiningpaladin

Smash Rookie
NNID
shiningpaladin
Pretty nice. Seems difficult to do, Since perfect shield is already hard to get, at least for me. Time to work that muscle memory!

TMJ_Jack

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TMJ_Jack
Honestly, a lot of these high-end techs won't be too useful when applied to Dedede. Dedede is played differently than just about every other character in the game. He's most comparable to Ike and Kirby, which is weird when I say it out loud. Like Kirby, Dedede should be constantly switching between air and ground game. When in the air, shield-based tech is obviously not applicable, and on the ground, you're talking timing the perfect shield against a move dependent on its ability to be spammed in rapid succession. Inconsistency aside, one perfect parry might not even yield your desired result. The best option to get out of Sheik's fair into repeated fair into bouncing fish combo is a simple fastfall. You might take a fair or two before you escape, but Dedede can afford the damage. (Long live the King!) Additionally, a Dedede player should be totally comfortable off-stage, so don't be afraid to escape by fastfalling while off-stage. Most'll be shocked how much Sheik will struggle to KO without being able to finish that bouncing fish combo.
If you can integrate this into your play, power to you. It's impractical, but impractical is impressive. Good luck!

Last edited:
Top Bottom