• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How to Deal with Specific Moves #8 & #9: Metaknight's Shuttle Loop + Diddy's Bananas

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
and then sheik crawls...
try thinking about what an intelligent sheik would do rather than how your friend walks straight into the lasers.
J4pu is learned and wise. Listen to him. Tell your friend to lrn2sheik.

clowsui

Smash Legend
this move is SO gay against spacies
just sdi towards her every hit, it's annoying but it'll get you out of being hit by a usmash
be careful though, she can reverse the lock and restart it so just watch what's happening >__>

Blad01

Smash Lord
So that move is annoying :

- SDI down and shield at low %
- SDI towards sheik or upwards + jump (be careful, time your jump well)
- Don't SDI out !

Hyo

Smash Journeyman
Can't she hit you with a Dsmash if you DI towards her? I guess it's better than a tippered usmash.
That's true, but it's the lesser of two evils, like you said. Of course, if you smash DI out I thought you can shield grab out of it or jump?

Also, I read about how you can spot dodge it. Of course it's Sheik, so she'll just keep spinning until you get hit.

Then again, Falco's got a great spot doge. So how about spot dodge >spot dodge>roll?

clowsui

Smash Legend
the ftilt will catch you out of the dodge
just stick to sdi'ing towards and down in an attempt to shield and an attempt to avoid usmashes, at worst you'll eat dsmash which isn't too bad at 120 and below

J4pu

Smash Champion
I have a request for #5: Ness/Lucas PKT1 when you are off stage.
If they just loop it around between you and the stage, it really messes up your recovery, and although it rarely causes me to get gimped, it's just an annoyance/damage dealer/makes my recovery predictable.

I haven't tried DJ reflector yet, but everything else I tried doesn't work all that well.

BUMP

BladerZ528

Smash Rookie
does anyone know how to get out of peach's chain grabs? i always have trouble with that. She can do up to 42% i think

Vlade

Social Outcast
I actually agree with J4pu, I do find the PK thunders quite annoying.

I'll update OP soon, but before I do, anymore solutions to deal with sheik's ftilt?

Blad01

Smash Lord
... PKT1 Offstage.... I don't see how it can lead to a discussion. You're forced to get hit, then DI where you want to go. Simple.

I suggest Snake FTilt. I have really a lot of problems with it... And FTilt + Jab is broken -_-'

(Or Snake Nair, Utilt, Mortar...)

J4pu

Smash Champion
Snake's Nair: SDI behind Snake, punish (SDI'ing it is really easy)

the main reason I find PKT1 annoying off-stage is because it forces me to recover onto the stage, because I'm afraid if I go for the ledge, it's gunna mess me up and then I'm gunna get screwed when I have to use firebird. Any help for this predictability problem?

Gmoney_

Smash Journeyman
Ok, so behing is the best ? I usually SDI up, and that doesn't always work that well.... :/
It also depends which way he is DIing with the Nair. If he's going towards you, you'll do the same. If he's going away from you, you'll do the same etc.

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
lets start by stating the obvious.

reflector.
also, you can throw the gyro, then short hop shine as you throw it and if you space this right the gyro will reflect from the reflector back on him (im unsure about this but i guess it can work)

From my experience with ROB both of those things are relatively easy to counter only problem is it requires you to pay attention. Both have a little bit of start up lag that you can see it coming, but are still quick enough you can get caught off guard when you don't pay attention.

Gyro pretty much dissppears when it makes contact with your shield or an attack, so I doubt it will last long. I say either reflect or shield that hit. I prefer to shield it as reflecting it still keeps it around and I prefer not to have the gyro around. Sometimes you can be baited to throw out a reflector which we all know has horrible lag and can be punised. Also, if you keep up a laser game they won't find much time to charge up a gyro anyway, laser stops charging when it.

The laser, I highly recommand getting used to when the ROB you play uses it and how long they plan to keep it in reserve (1 sec. burst or 20 burst). Obviously reflect the laser when ROB is grounded as you don't get punished for it in anyway. I am not sure if you can reflect a laser straight back at ROB if they angle the laser. Since that is a trick for ROBs to use when recovering off the platform and really high to angle it down at you. If the reflector doesn't angle it back to where it came, might be a good idea to just shield.

wangston

Smash Lord
You can see them coming, watch the rob and know his animations. Though once I got mind gamed into throwing out the reflector by the fsmash it looks a little like the laser lol but he was far away so he couldn't punish. ROB usually uses the projectiles at mid range after they been sent back or they sent you back, just look for the animation and reflect.

BleachigoZX

Smash Master
... PKT1 Offstage.... I don't see how it can lead to a discussion. You're forced to get hit, then DI where you want to go. Simple.

I suggest Snake FTilt. I have really a lot of problems with it... And FTilt + Jab is broken -_-'

(Or Snake Nair, Utilt, Mortar...)
You can Dair through the Mortar (That's is Up Smash, Right?)

ROB TALK

What I like doing to ROB's Gyro is jumping like a frame out of the stage (exaggeration) and throwing it straight up. So that they don't have anything to camp you with for a good 3-5 Seconds. (Use Platforms for more height)

Vanst

Smash Apprentice
ROB is one of the hardest characters to fight in my opinion. It seems whenever I fight ROB he always seems to be too close to me. I think my problem with ROB is the lack of spacing I need to do, which means more SHDL.

Vlade

Social Outcast
Would you guys think it's worth holding onto the gryo and just camp with lasers, IAP and reflector? It limits our moveset, but it takes away one of ROB's valuable assets.

I think it's possible to do aerials while holding the gyro as well... I'll look into that later.

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
Would you guys think it's worth holding onto the gryo and just camp with lasers, IAP and reflector? It limits our moveset, but it takes away one of ROB's valuable assets.

I think it's possible to do aerials while holding the gyro as well... I'll look into that later.
if you pick up the gyro with A and hold A you can do aerials iirc

gunterrsmash01

Smash Champion
yaeah you just gotta predict and reflector their laser/gyro.

also its a known habit for ROBs to shoot their laser/gyro when they are recovering back to the stage. watch out for it before you try to edgeguard them. (spiking rob while he is up'bing is really effective and i have done it many times)

Denzi

Smash Master

Worth holding on to until there's an opening for you to glide toss in.

You would do aerials with it much like Link does aerials with bombs: Z drop the Gyro and then immediately aerial to catch it again.

The Gyro's also good to hold onto at high %s because throwing it is faster than any of our aerials, therefore we can live longer.

D1

Banned via Administration
I remember in a teams match an NJ Snake player by the name of Turbo Ether was one on one vs. NinjaLink's ROB and after NL fthrew him and got ready to fire the gyro at him for the final kill Ether caught gyro in the middle of his 2nd jump the crowd went bananas.

So I guess Falco can also utilize this, but you need proper timing...I don't even remember how exactly does one catch a gyro in midair w/o airdodging or doing an aerial...anyone care to share?

Since it seems like most ppl covered how to deal w/ ROB's Gyro and Lasers I'll just wait till there's a discussion on MK's whorenado...especially since most MK's now dair camp over laser spam and just tornado from above taking away the shine and lasers effectiveness.

Vlade

Social Outcast
Yeah, it's like z-catching bananas that are on platforms with diddy.

I'll update OP after a little longer, and we'll start discussing whorenado ;)

Anymore input on Gyro + laser?

§witch

Smash Lord
Just hold the gyro for as long as possible. Falco can easily do that due to the fact that his B moves can cover a lot of what he needs to do.

Hyo

Smash Journeyman
^ But ROB has a reflector (side B) to deal with our lasers. Do you mean we can deal with him using just IAP, reflector, and aerials?

Vlade

Social Outcast
Updated OP.

We're now discussing the tornado. Go!

We can discuss Peach's dair after, but I feel it might be covered in the match-up discussion that Blad01 has just updated.

SSJ5Goku8932

Smash Lord
^ But ROB has a reflector (side B) to deal with our lasers. Do you mean we can deal with him using just IAP, reflector, and aerials?
ROB's Side B is so slow and punishible.most ROBS I play never use it.

Lasers stop the Nado dead in its tracks.Its one of the few projectiles that outpriortize it.

SpeedAcE

Smash Journeyman
I concur, laser. You may not have time to laser if he performs it close however. Shine also works but it's not reliable in this situation.

Tilt the shield upwards.

SSJ5Goku8932

Smash Lord
What if he starts the tornado from above you?

What if you end up getting caught in the tornado?
If he starts above you,depending on the distance,
Close=shield
Far above equals Up smash.

DI quick and if you can, Dair him,though that may be hard.

Hyo

Smash Journeyman
The Mach Tornado is one of the few moves I feel confident in going head on with.

For one, IAP does not work unless the spacing is perfect, and Falco phases right through Meta while hitting him with the back box of the attack. Otherwise, you will get sucked in.

Lasers (as previously mentioned) give you a huge edge. The problem is, where to go when he gets too close?

Well for one, SHL> IAP is actually usable here, because he can't start a MT fast enough. SHL>DACUS works wonders, just don't SHDL unless Meta starts lifting off the ground. Reflector is actually a terrible option, the dead zone just is too large on that thing, and the hitbox has to be too precise. Often, Meta and Falco just trade hits. This is a fight that Falco does not want that to happen.

Also, merely shielding works wonders when you can't do anything else, because if you can judge just how far that horribly disjointed hit box goes, you can drop your shield and do a DACUS if he didn't retreat far enough. Or you could just laser some more, that's the wonderful thing about Falco.

Just out last it, and punish the [small] frame of vulnerability MK has when he falls. It'll teach him not to whorenado you.

Top Bottom