• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How to deal with Zelda?

LovinMitts

Smash Journeyman
I've noticed that there is a decent amount of pretty good Zeldas in my area. I feel like the matchup against Zelda is very in her favor since Ness cannot combo her easily/at all, and she can use Nayru's Love between the hits of PK Fire. I can try to bait out the Nayru's Love during my PK Fire, but its not a very punishable move. It often has hitboxes lasting longer than the PK Fire pillar. The only real way I know how to kill her easily is to combo down air into up air, which kills rather early since she's light.

Ness also he the issue of getting edgeguarded easily by her. Since Ness can't sweetspot the edge, he often gets grabbed after landing and tossed back offstage. You can also have your PK Thunder eaten by Din's Fires. She also far outranges Ness with most moves being disjointed.

Anyone knowlegeable about this matchup?

ilysm

sleepy
I was actually having some trouble against Zelda as well so I made a thread on the Zelda boards inquiring about it. The NZA chimed in as well. People had differing opinions as to how bad the matchup was or how to deal with it, but it was helpful to read.

GPJ4RCE

Smash Rookie
Juat bait nayru's love but don't have pk fire your only response option. A grab would be a good mixup

Boiko

:drshrug:
She can jump out of dthrow at like 3%. If you bait Nayru's at low percent, go for a dair to start a dair chain tech chase.

Kirigiri

Smash Rookie
I don't have too much knowledge about the matchup, but I main as Zelda and Ness so I'll tell you everything I know. Zelda's hitboxes are amazing in this game, so try to play a long range game. Don't rely on PK fire too much, because as you said, it isn't too hard to deflect that. Try using PK Thunder and Flash on her when you can, because for

PK Flash: It could KO her, seeing as she's really light

PK Thunder: It could stun her momentarily, as she can't reflect it, and you can go in for the kill

You should also be ready to use PSI Magnet whenever Zelda uses Din's Fire on you. It'll heal at least 15%, depending on where Zelda hits you with it. Another thing to watch out for: In SSB4, Zelda's Farore's Wind is a great way to recover and KO oppenents. Seriously. Now, Zelda has been buffed to have her recovery KO Opponents at 80% damage, and even if it doesn't KO, it has some serious knockback damage. Do what you will with this information.

Top Bottom