• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

how to do doraki wall jump?

metaivan

Smash Apprentice
well i think everybody knows that this is a instant wall jump in the ledge but i cant do this :urg: i really dont know how to do it. so someone can explain how to do this :)

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
On FD just hug the wall while you're doing your double jump onto the ledge ... then press away
It's actually super easy.

Pandu!

Smash Cadet
I think he's referring to when you tap away from the ledge while grabbing it and immediately wall jump.
I don't know exactly how to do this either, it seems to happen to me randomly.

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
I think he's referring to when you tap away from the ledge while grabbing it and immediately wall jump.
I don't know exactly how to do this either, it seems to happen to me randomly.
I actually explained exactly you you do it.
Hug the ledge while doing your double jump
Grab ledge
Push away

I guess I failed to mention the part where you grab the ledge ~_~

Seikend

Smash Journeyman
Guide to Doraki Walljump.

1. Jump or Up-B to the ledge so that you
A) Hug the wall on the way up and
B) Grab the ledge at the very peak of your jump/upB

2.Smash the control stick away while on the ledge, and you should Doraki walljump.

Doval

Smash Lord
Although it works for other characters, Fox can't seem to Doraki Walljump with his Up-B. Just thought I should let the OP know.

Doval

Smash Lord
My bad then. Please teach me how, I haven't been able to do it. Do you have to come in at a specific angle? What stage do you do it on?

Gea

Smash Master
FD is generally the easiest stage to do it on. Just up B at an angle against the stage so it stops right at the ledge... then tap away.

Holla holla get $

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
I'm pretty sure you can't do it on other stages...

Also I can do it with like 100% accuracy by hugging the ledge ¬.¬

Doval

Smash Lord
Been trying for a while now, but I still can't seem to do it at all with the Up-B...I'll just take your word for it and leave it at that. Thanks for the clarification.

Kanelol

Smash Lord
I'm not 100% sure if you can doraki jump from the ledge ledge from an up-b, that's not exactly what I meant

I meant, like if you do a shine stall to up-b type thing, but make sure you fall in the shine long enough that when you double jump and up-b you sweetspot the ledge during your up-b's charge time, then grab the ledge before your up-b fires, then you can doraki jump

shadrach kabango

Banned via Warnings
this is proving difficult for me. shouldn't yoshi's be the easiest stage? you got a wall right there to hug.

Doraki

Smash Lord
Yoshi story's ledge segment is very short, so the only character that can ledgewalljump there is pichu.
You may want to try the long vertical walls on hyrule or MK2 instead.

Also, I doubt it is even theoretically possible to do it all the time, I remember playing with develop mode and going crazy because walljumps seemed to be randomly disabled sometimes.

Doraki

Smash Lord
With Fox, yes. Samus, Sheik, Falco and Falcon are too tall for this method to work on any legal stage (or you have to glitch the game in another way because I've seen it happen).
Mario, Young link and Pichu are shorter, so they can probably do it on more stages, and I know Pichu can do it everywhere.

Wall jumps are very glitchy so I'm not saying it absolutely can't happen everywhere else. It's just that this method won't do it.

Top Bottom