• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How to do SH shine turn around waveland off b-air consistently

ruhtraeel

Smash Ace
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sp4Vg-gOOa8

Also, stuff like shine turn around switch direction waveland fall off platform drill kick (when you run past them and shine their back then switch direction waveland fall off drill kick)

Why is it so hard to nail -_-

It's like the only adv tech that I'm actually having trouble with doing at all. (Especially on other stages like BF)

How do you do it consistently? What are the finger movements?

ruhtraeel

Smash Ace
SW? Lovage? ProSmasherTim? Anyone?

The drill kick one isn't as hard to do, but if my shine actually hits them then I always get stuck in the shine. I've tried slowly making sure that I turn in my shine first and then wavelanding, but it's still hard to do

Pandu!

Smash Cadet
How to do sh shine turnaround waveland bair:
SH. Shine. Turn around. Waveland. Bair.
there is no other way to explain it, that goes for any technique.

ruhtraeel

Smash Ace
How to do sh shine turnaround waveland bair:
SH. Shine. Turn around. Waveland. Bair.
there is no other way to explain it, that goes for any technique.
I get that but like in order would it be: x-down b-analog towards-x-waveland-analog away-cstick back?

And every time I hit someone with the shine and then turn around, I can't jump out of it, and I just end up shine falling to the ground

Mahie

Smash Lord
That's because you jump too soon. Can you waveshine backwards? If you're getting stuck in your shines when turning around you shouldn't be able to, so practice those.

ruhtraeel

Smash Ace
That's because you jump too soon. Can you waveshine backwards? If you're getting stuck in your shines when turning around you shouldn't be able to, so practice those.
I can waveshine backwards OK, I can't go nearly as far as waveshining forwards (with Fox). But it seems like no matter how slow I press jump after I've turned around in my shine, I can never jump out of it.

OverLord

Smash Ace
Maybe it's because you're pressing X/Y while you are turning around in the shine, so the inputs overlap.
Try to think about the right inputs' succession while you're training, after a while your finger should start to do it the right way without thinking about it.

Anyway, I don't think it's a useful tech, it can even start to be a standard in your movement, and it can be punished hard if predicted. (Marth/Sheik actually will just CC the Bair and grab you EVERYTIME).

So just work on perfect waveshines and standard stuff, you'll always need that stuff.

joeplicate

Smash Master
holy cow there has never been a topic that is as distinctly fox-boards as this one is =P

just practice it i guess

ruhtraeel

Smash Ace
yeah I got inspired by Dark/Zant tech skill and I decided that my Fox is going to be unnecessarily fast except for matchups that I can't cover with Falco as well, ie. Marth, Doc/Mario

If I would enter a tournament with lots of stakes at hand, I would play more like Jman

Top Bottom