• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How to fight Sonic's spinning?

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
To be specific it's the spin approach where they just spam spinning and then follow up into other attacks. It's mostly a problem because of my delay which turns it into a hilariously safe approach against me.

So! Any tips on how to deal with dat spinning as any of these characters?
:zelda:
:sheik:
:peach:
:ivysaur:
:jigglypuff:
:ike:
:samus2:

PajamasM

Smash Cadet
High priority attacks, preferably ones that have a long lasting hitbox to the best. Best bet is likely peach for sonic since the float can avoid the spin better and her nair can out prioritize any attack sonic throws out.

Solharath

[ZTD] CEO
Zelda: Nair, Nayrus, place a Din's on the ground.
Sheik: Needles, nair OoS
Peach: Float>Nair all day everyday. Toss some turnips.
Ivysaur: retreating Razor Leaf, Bair, reverse nair, dtilt
Jiggs: Bair for days. Pound.
Ike: SideB. Jab. Jab1>Jab2>grab, throw, fair. Also Nair. Just nair.
Samus: Bomb, Zair, Nair, Missile.

Seriously, Spin has no priority, so I'm just listing moves because that's all you have to do, tragically for Sonic. Spin is more about punishing than approaching recklessly with.

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
Seriously, Spin has no priority, so I'm just listing moves because that's all you have to do, tragically for Sonic. Spin is more about punishing than approaching recklessly with.
It has no problem with being drastically annoying to me since I have delay. Like it cuts my in game response time by 25% or more. The only thing that seems to have very little delay is my shielding. So I needed ways to stomp out the spinning without relying on the high priorities since I don't have high priority attacks online. lol

But that's an ok list. I knew most of it but it was still useful about the Peach nair. I guess I need to practice timing with her. With Peach I usually stay on the ground until I pop the person up. Because delaying midair is a very nice way to let someone get a few uairs in and kill me. :C

victinivcreate1

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Wiiu4ssb4
3DS FC
3007-8585-6950
How about for these characters?
:mewtwopm::roypm::marth::snake:

About Marth-While yes I know its spacing and disjoint>spin but how can you space something moving so fast?

mtmaster

Smash Journeyman
NNID
mtmaster_2k7
3DS FC
0645-7185-4095
To be specific it's the spin approach where they just spam spinning and then follow up into other attacks. It's mostly a problem because of my delay which turns it into a hilariously safe approach against me.

So! Any tips on how to deal with dat spinning as any of these characters?
:zelda:
:sheik:
:peach:
:ivysaur:
:jigglypuff:
:ike:
:samus2:
Not sure about most of these, but I do know that Zelda's Naryu's love is very effective at stopping Sonic. To my understanding it has an invincibility at the start up, and it does well in stopping Sonic from approaching. I think that Sheik can stop Sonic with her needles, as well as her aerial attacks.

Jedisupersonic

Eight Leaves One Kame Style
NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
Sonic's Spin is irritating to deal with sure, but there are ways to get around it. many of which have been spoken for me. It's also good timing that helps, I know its not easy to hit something that fast but when you adapt to it. It'll get easier.

Misinko

Smash Cadet
Grabbing cancels out the spin dash, as does any projectile. If you're using Mario, cape and Fireball do very well against the spin dash,

Top Bottom