• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How to fit Toon Link's Tunic: A Toon Link guide

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fox Is Openly Deceptive

Smash Detective
Administrator
BRoomer
Hey Iron Man.
I just checked out the completed Zair section and it is Epic!!! (just like your name)

Lol at Martha. I mean what does he (she) expect, he (she) wears a tiara for goodness sake!

I can't wait for the Nair section, keep up the great work!

oOJaseOo

Smash Ace
hmm O.O I did well I'll put it at the bottom of kill moves where it goes, Thanx Moth man

Jase ehh kool it'll be here
Cause I'm DONE with the epicness of Zair starting nair later takin a break lol
:D
Thanx as always guys could have got this far with out yall
:]
lol u deserve it man

Alzi

Smash Master
Will you have youtube vids on some of these combo's so people can see how they look like? I'm not understanding the VG combo well i am but i don't think i'm doing it right.

TLMarth

Smash Ace
OK Iron there's one thing you need to learn...

It's called the 'comma'.

Have a bomb, air dodge, upon landing press A, then throw the bomb. Finally, hyphen smash!

Jump, airdodge and press A or attack or whatever it is

If you want to see VG combo, go to his Combo video, 'Nostalgia'

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
You can tell someone is new to the TL boards if they're obsessed with finding out what the VietG combo is. xD

TLMarth

Smash Ace
lol I am glad to have named it.

It's fun knowing what it is while people stand in ignorance

Well Alzi how are you not sure you're doing it right? Is it not linking up like you expected?
Remember you should use zair at the very bottom of your jump to autocancel and lead into bomb.

Alzi

Smash Master
l
Well Alzi how are you not sure you're doing it right? Is it not linking up like you expected?
Remember you should use zair at the very bottom of your jump to autocancel and lead into bomb.
So grab bomb > airdodge > when landing press A?

You said zair so after i press the A he will zair or do i actually press my Zair button then press A then throw the bomb then hyphen smash?

You can tell someone is new to the TL boards if they're obsessed with finding out what the VietG combo is. xD
I'm not that new and i just realised it's been a year since i've registered PARTY AT MY HOUSE.

DCStyle

Smash Apprentice
So grab bomb > airdodge > when landing press A?

You said zair so after i press the A he will zair or do i actually press my Zair button then press A then throw the bomb then hyphen smash?

I'm not that new and i just realised it's been a year since i've registered PARTY AT MY HOUSE.
You air dodge and hold that button down, then press A. It's a more efficient way of zairing after air dodging.

iRjOn

Smash Lord
Alzi Press A when the chain would reach its maximum length.
And autocancel right after like Santi does in his vids.

Yea TLMarth my coma skills fail
:[

lol yea Sasuke thats true.

Alzi

Smash Master
Ok i will try it tommorow. R (hold) > X > A Somthing like that? X is my Z btw. I might of written it wrong but i will get the picture once i'm on brawl again if now back to this thread i go.

TLMarth

Smash Ace
You don't need to press Z at all to Zair. I know that seems strange because it's zair.

But anyways, zair is: SH, airdodge immediately, then A near the ground so that it autocancels.
When you are on the ground throw the bomb and follow up with Up smash

S

smash brawl player 99021

nice... zair I'm pretty sure is only 4-5 damage...
sad face... but it is used really well as a approach move.

TLMSheikant

Smash Master
Zair does 4 damage. But it combos, pokes, has a lot of uses. Beware getting predictable with it or mispacing can lead to shield grabs. And that's bad. Especially against DDD lulz. Irjon- Add tether bombing I didnt see it anywhere.

Tetherbombing- move first done by santi lol. And now spammed by Sheikant. Throw a bomb and zair with good timing all in one short hop. Great for pressuring.

iRjOn

Smash Lord
Zair does 4 damage. But it combos, pokes, has a lot of uses. Beware getting predictable with it or mispacing can lead to shield grabs. And that's bad. Especially against DDD lulz. Irjon- Add tether bombing I didnt see it anywhere.

Tetherbombing- move first done by santi lol. And now spammed by Sheikant. Throw a bomb and zair with good timing all in one short hop. Great for pressuring.
I surely will TLMS good stuff man.
I never thought of that.

Shadow Moth

Up in the clouds
take that message off the top that says "I won't finish this today..." Looks awkward at this point. Keep the "It's a work in progress" part though.

iRjOn

Smash Lord
It does...just at like 580% or something. i dont think your opponet will make it that far.
lol

I'mma update maybe tommorrow or Tuesday not sure yet.

Sure I'll do that Moth thanx man

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
I can confirm Santi's drink increases your power level by 9001.

It tasted good too. =)

Power of Slash

Smash Ace
meh, it's known information, but I'd like to mention it since I do this quite a bit with alot of success.

SHFairs are very nice mindgames if one's not predictable with it, there have been many moments where someone would drop their shield expecting to punish the SHFair but is met with a quick Nair or Bair in the face.

once again known information, might be a useful add, idk just thought I'd throw something in there.

Great read though.

oOJaseOo

Smash Ace
@santi how do i stick to my routine at tourneys? obama t-shirt? one of those drink hats? wat??????????

and yea sh fair is a good mindgame sometimes

Shadow Moth

Up in the clouds
@Iron: I'm gonna give you a review of what (so far) you have done wrong. If I don't say something then that means I believe you did it well. Don't take any of this personally but take it all into consideration.
·First of all, you misspelled "partially".
·Second, you credited TLMS for pointing out that you missed DSmash . . . THAT WAS MEEEEEE!
·Third, in your reasons for why to play him you forgot to mention that he's a playa.
·Fourth (I just noticed this), you said, in your "pros and cons" section, that Toon Link has "Versatile recovery options".
·4.5, some cons are debatable >_>
·Fifth, this has been bugging me for a while but, that "refrain" in the Usmash section; It's gotta go. Sorry but it's too confusing (both because it's a positive where all those other words are negative, and because (even if you added "from" after it, it still wouldn't make grammatical sense)
·Sixth, numerous title inconsistencies (zomg! get ready for a list within a list!):
1)​
USMASH/ UP SMASH!!
Should be
USMASH/ Up Smash!!
2)​
UAIR/Up Aerial!
Should have two exclamations.
3)​
FSMASH/FORWARD SMASH!!
(Same as #1)
4)​
FAIR/Forward Aerial
(Same as #2)
5)​
Down Smash/DSMASH
Reverse those two(Same as #4)
6)​
NAIR/Neutral Aerial!!!!!!
NOTHING GETS MOAR EXCLAMATIONS THAN ZAIR, BAKA!!!
·Seventh, Down Smash should be directly below Forward Smash so that all the smashes are grouped.
·Eighth, Under the Zair section, you forgot to put all the spaces in between the words in the title for the "little big advice" part.

Everything else from there is purely superficial (more colors/ color-coded sections; greater self control in regards to bold, size, etc. (try messing around with different fonts instead); another etc.)

Other than that, GREAT JOB!!!

P.S. I want minor credit for spell/grammar check if nothing else.

iRjOn

Smash Lord
@Iron: I'm gonna give you a review of what (so far) you have done wrong. If I don't say something then that means I believe you did it well. Don't take any of this personally but take it all into consideration.
Course I will :D
·First of all, you misspelled "partially".
oh thanx
·Second, you credited TLMS for pointing out that you missed DSmash . . . THAT WAS MEEEEEE!
:X... sorry my b XD
·Third, in your reasons for why to play him you forgot to mention that he's a playa.
Right......
·Fourth (I just noticed this), you said, in your "pros and cons" section, that Toon Link has "Versatile recovery options".
...your point? He does they are versitiale right? Zair or Upb...well I just put multiple...wait I'll think of something lol.
·4.5, some cons are debatable >_>
then by all means debate them :D
I'll gladly see your side

·Fifth, this has been bugging me for a while but, that "refrain" in the Usmash section; It's gotta go. Sorry but it's too confusing (both because it's a positive where all those other words are negative, and because (even if you added "from" after it, it still wouldn't make grammatical sense)
Hmm I check that out thanx
·Sixth, numerous title inconsistencies (zomg! get ready for a list within a list!):
1)​
Should be
2)​
Should have two exclamations.
3)​
(Same as #1)
4)​
(Same as #2)
5)​
Reverse those two(Same as #4)
6)​
NOTHING GETS MOAR EXCLAMATIONS THAN ZAIR, BAKA!!!
I like the inconsistencies did it on purpose :)
·Seventh, Down Smash should be directly below Forward Smash so that all the smashes are grouped.
na they are in the order of kill ability basically :)
·Eighth, Under the Zair section, you forgot to put all the spaces in between the words in the title for the "little big advice" part.
oh thanx man
Everything else from there is purely superficial (more colors/ color-coded sections; greater self control in regards to bold, size, etc. (try messing around with different fonts instead); another etc.)
yea I'mma edit colors and stuff when I finish it or nearly not just yet :)
Other than that, GREAT JOB!!!

P.S. I want minor credit for spell/grammar check if nothing else.
maybe ;D
Yea nice thoughts on the fair. Thanx again Moth.
And everyone else for your support.
:D

Shadow Moth

Up in the clouds
I said that his recovery options aren't versatile because, even though most characters don't have more than two, Toon Link's have an almost unchangeable path.

Zair is a fairly safe recovery but only if you're in range. This limits it's uses especially since he can't use it after his up-b.
TL;DR: Toon link won't be in range of the ledge often enough for it to be useful.

His other option is his up-b. Although TL can decide, for the most part, which upward direction/angle he wants it to go, once he starts out his control over that path is severely limited.
TL;DR: Toon Link's up-b has terrible DI.
Because of this, Toon's up-b is very predictable so it can be easily gimped unless you sweet-spot the ledge from under the stage on a stage with a ledge like FD.

TL;DR: PREDICTABLE

BBoyindo

Smash Ace
iRjOn I really like your guide man, it's good to have everything in one place. Be sure to discuss some AT's and tricks after you have done his moves!
Oh and you might want to add that Nair is a possible ender for after a Bair string, and a possible setup for a Bair string if you hit with the back side of it.
Keep it up!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom