• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How to get better with Luigi by hippie. (Play like Zhao and you'll be pro in 5mins)

feardragon64

Smash Champion
I don't know what you're talking about junk. This **** is totally original. Look, he ordered the stuff differently. That's original right there!

zhao_guang

Smash Lord
NNID
zhaoguang1
amazing guide! where did you get this idea?

oh yeah: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=215428

HMMM

Plagiarism ftw!!!
I get what you're saying, but most How to get better with So-and-So threads pretty much involve the basics of the game coupled with some character specific tricks. Not saying he couldn't have made anything different, but I am saying a lot of general improvements after a certain level, with any character, often lead back to mastering all-around game basics with some character spices here and there. That's what I see in both of these guides at least.

So props to Junk for showing what's needed to take that extra step, and SOME props to hippie for bringing that over to Luigi ;)

M4ge

Smash Journeyman
You guys are silly.
"OMG HE COPIED MY GUIDE OMG OMG OMG"
**** dude. Grow up. You should be HAPPY that your guide is being used to help others.
I admit, he could have credited you in at least some way, or at least told you he was going to use it.
But FLAMING him for something silly like this? That's really pathetic.
Stop taking the internet seriously.

feardragon64

Smash Champion
He's not actually crying about it. He's just kidding and partially pointing out he should have been credited. It's not a flame, it's a joke.

hippiedude92

Smash Hero
k credited completely my fault, im a nub k. credited on top front page in big yummy bold letters, if he wants it bigger just do tell, continue laughing kthxbai.

internet is too hard to see for the jokes or the srsness >.>

M4ge

Smash Journeyman
He's not actually crying about it. He's just kidding and partially pointing out he should have been credited. It's not a flame, it's a joke.
Lmfao.
That's why he posted in here, LGD, and MGD to complain amirite?

Fedora

Smash Rookie
I'm gonna teach you guys something important: If your fingers are fast enough (superfast), you can JRC from the bottom blast zone of FD, all the way to the ledge! That's the SAME height as a Jump + Rising Cyclone (J+RC), minus height of the jump which if done right before the Cyclone is less than 1 luigi-height. In other words, Luigi's jump doesn't ever reach its peak when it's interrupted by the Cyclone... it's like wasted jump height. So if you're good at JRCs, you actually gain more height by using them separately. Good times!

WiiGi out.[/QUOTE]

ok this is what i have trouble with i can JRC easily when above the stage and off the stage but even to the edge but when Im too far under the stage my JRC doesn't rise (i did once and it was really cool =p but only once) what am i doing wrong?

elheber

Smash Lord
NNID
elheber
The Cyclone is momentum based. The more downward speed you have at any given time, the faster you need to tap B to rise. This means that if you're falling at full speed (which you would be by the time you're falling that low below the stage) you're gonna have to give it all you've got. But there's good news: You ONLY need to tap super fast at the beginning of the JRC. Let me explain...

When you fall at full speed (or accidentally FastFall) you need to tap B super fast... but once you start moving upward in the rising cyclone you don't need to tap B as fast because you don't have any more downward momentum. The faster you can stop falling and start rising, the easier it will be get lift. The faster you can tap at the beginning of the JRC, the sooner you won't need to tap as fast during the rest of the Cyclone.

Get your tap speed up to counter the fast falling speed; you only need to tap that fast at the beginning of the JRC.

WiiGi out.

goalkeeper24

Smash Rookie
Best guide I've seen so far. It really helps. I'm new here so I'm probably not as good as anybody else on here so I need all the help I can get.

Top Bottom