• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide How to Hatch a Healthy Yoshi: A Group Project - Who wants it?

Yikarur

Smash Master
and if you fear to get grabbed throw the egg as weak as possible at a 90° degree above you and if you get grabbed then, your egg punishes <3

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Now that I think about it, this should be updated soon or once Toomai finishes all the Hitboxes/Hurtbubbles for Yoshi. And edit some things that needs to be revamped...

Polt?

Oblivion

Smash Journeyman
I have recently been playing with Yoshi some. I used him in one serious tourney match to counterpick someone using ICs and I won.
It would be super helpful if everything got updated.

:yoshi2: too good.

CC Ravis

Smash Rookie
Wow, good guide.

I'm not sure if this is old news or not(I haven't seen this anywhere), but double jump canceling using an egg lay can yield amazing horizontal distance[about half the size of FD] with forwards or backwards DI. It's pretty fast, too. You can control the vertical distance by inputting the buttons at different speeds[slow = high and fast = low], though in my experience it's most useful with as little vertical distance as possible[otherwise you might as well just do a dash jump into an egg lay.] It's really useful against IC when they're expecting a standard egg lay and are spacing accordingly.

Sharky

Smash Master
We know and love djc egglay, and along with wavebounced egglays yeah they work amazing against ic's and most of the cast in general. It's quickly becoming our favorite move imo lol

Yikarur

Smash Master
my new favorite move is fsmash because it catches a lot of opponents of guard because of the crippling hurtbox change lol

Airborne

Smash Lord
Forward Air you have to watch me play in person to understand the meaning of that. XD Better yet, you should start coming to the Student Center on UK's campus and playing with the Lex Crew. We've had a group of 6-10 people sitting around 1 t.v. like almost every freakin' day. @___@

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
The best was in High School during lunch one day, they had Brawl on a projector screen and anyone at the lunch room could see it, so I decide to show off and go Ice Climbers, and I infinite some guy. The cheering that arose was insane, I felt like I was at a concert or something it was so loud.

ForwardAirRage!

Smash Journeyman
@airborne i have watched u play XD at brawl in the hall... lol. and lexington is 2 hours away from where i am or i would :(

and yeah at my high school we did the same thing and i too went ice climbers to show off, it was insane XD LOL

Airborne

Smash Lord
@airborne i have watched u play XD at brawl in the hall... lol. and lexington is 2 hours away from where i am or i would :(

and yeah at my high school we did the same thing and i too went ice climbers to show off, it was insane XD LOL
BitH does not supply the appropriate background information to the joke, seeing as that I didn't play any Marths, Samus's, serious matches against Sheik (I seriously sandbagged against Judo in pools then because I knew I wasn't going to beat him, so that mental blockade prevented me from playing my best against him.. kinda wanted to save it for Infern anyways =\)... ACTUALLY, if you watched me against Infern game 2 in pools then, you would understand; my heavy armor ate his Uair when he broke out of my Egg Lay and I got an early Uair kill on him from it.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
We're still going to lose most of the match ups we run into with MK gone. All though we dont lose the match ups we'll see now as bad, we're seeing more match ups too which will make us need to learn and know more match ups than just one AND we're still losing the match ups regardless.

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
>Won't be losing MUs as badly.

That's already an improvement.

The match ups we'll probably be seeing more frequently are Snake, Marth, Diddy, and Falco. Marth and Snake are near even. Diddy might be near even. Falco isn't worse than a -2.

This is tons better than seeing four -3 match ups a tournament.

A loss != a loss. You need to take into account severity of disadvantages. Not to mention that all our other disadvantages have character flaws we can take advantage of.

Yikarur

Smash Master
I could imagine Falco to be our worst match-up after MK.
but it will kinda have the MK Syndrom.
You can win against bad to mid skill level one's but Top one's who play the MU right will be close to impossible.
at least you don't have to deal with stupid MK Stuff vs. Falco :awesome:

Mr. game and watch

Smash Master
I think there'll be a lot of warios too, but I also think we go even with him.
Dat infinite.

Also Delta your Java refrence is off, != means does not equal IIRC.

:phone:

Top Bottom