• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide How to Hatch a Healthy Yoshi: A Group Project - Who wants it?

Mac Matrix

Smash Cadet
Wow. Never before have I found such a detailed and understandable tutorial for Yoshi.

I have nothing to say except kudos to everyone involved here, and it's going to help me a -lot- come Friday.

I've had the short hop Nair and the short hop bair moves down for a while though. I only recently discovered it was so easy to gimp people using his back air straight into a forward smash, however almost everything there is new to me, especially the combos with his eggs and his chain-grab, and I'm going to practice these tricks until I die.

(Btw, good luck on documenting the Dragonic Reverse. I read the topic, and jesus I can't make sense of the ways you're all saying you need to do it.

I'm going to print this tutorial out for reference. And hopefully you'll see one more Yoshi pounding people on Wifi. =P

Solid Rage94

Smash Cadet
Nice guide Dude i really had no clue about any of this i'm now just starting to play yoshi and i already own most people i play with because their not used to playing with yoshi:laugh:

Yinlong

Smash Journeyman
i feel you man, i lent my wii to my neighbor today. who knows when ill get it back :'(

nice guide, btw. it owns the one on gamefaqs >.>

Sharky

Smash Master
Oh snap, I never did finish that, did I? I'll get to it tonight after work, sorry about that guys. =)

Scala

Smash Ace
I'm having troubles doing ETS with tap jump off. Describe how fast I need to move from jump to B. It seems impossible unless I switch up my controls.

Bwett

Smash Ace
I'm having troubles doing ETS with tap jump off. Describe how fast I need to move from jump to B. It seems impossible unless I switch up my controls.
I use L for the jump, and it's similar to wavedash speed on melee. Hope you played melee lol. If not, its just very quick after the jump, almost at the same time.

Scala

Smash Ace
I use L for the jump, and it's similar to wavedash speed on melee. Hope you played melee lol. If not, its just very quick after the jump, almost at the same time.
I use L for all my blocking, I'll try going back to using R for jump. When I turned R on jump last time, I realized that I used R to block randomly but I think the payout is well worth the risk. Do you DR too? I guess you do XXA/YYA if you do, then?

SonicBlind

Smash Rookie
Your not the only one stuck without a wii ,i had to send mine to Nintendo ,but nice thread by the way,im glad there are other Yoshi players out there. .....There isn,t any in my town......

JackieRabbit5

Smash Journeyman
i don't usually practice and use much AT's b/c i don't think they're that practical most of the time but pivot grabbing and autocancelling (which i think need a little more explanation) i should get used to

is the double jump cancel with Yoshi's B-move ever useful? sometimes i try to use it at the edge when recovering but that tends to backfire heh

Sharky

Smash Master
double post just to make sure it is known that I ACTUALLY UPDATED IT!!! WOO!!! =P Lemme know if there's anything else that needs mentioning, as I am finishing this at 3 in the morning. =P

Yinlong

Smash Journeyman
yay it got updated!

edit: can u add that ETS lets u slide off to the ledge easily? it makes it doubly useful IMO

Sharky

Smash Master
thanks for the thumbs up, guys. I'll try to keep it better updated in the future =)

On another note, it looks like Yoshi's the next SBR Review! Check it out, I'm sure you'll agree. =D

Kiwikomix

Smash Ace
Nah dude, he isn't.
Notice how the hint emphasizes that the character is a possible counter to Snake and Dedede. If it were Yoshi, wouldn't it have referenced MK instead?
Also note that it describes his recovery as "easily stopped." Definitely not a Yoshi attribute.
Everything else fits though, I will admit.

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: I'm actually holding out for when the weekly threads finish and people realize they've forgotten Yoshi.

I've got a hefty sum of money riding on this, actually.

Gindler

Smash Champion
Just thought I'd make sure...Fair wasn't in the autocancel aerials section. But I'm pretty sure I've been autocancelling it...I could be wrong though.

Sharky

Smash Master
Fixed, sorry for not updating it already. Also note that the dair autocancels through a full jump when started just before the peak of the jump. Very nice.

Sharky

Smash Master
Hehe don't worry, Chaco, it hasn't been forgotten. Next major edit to be done in a couple hours most likely.

Gindler

Smash Champion
Ha, alrighty. I just love autocancelled Fairs so idk just had to speak up i guess. and dair too? nice so they all autocancel?

I could see pictures of the moves making it look cleaner, but don't go through too much trouble just for us.

.Marik

is a social misfit
Very nice! This is very informative, and even though I always had hatched a healthy Yoshi, I will keep these helpful strategies and tricks in mind. Yoshi FTW everybody! :yoshi: ^^

SOVAman

Smash Hero
Very nice! This is very informative, and even though I always had hatched a healthy Yoshi, I will keep these helpful strategies and tricks in mind. Yoshi FTW everybody! :yoshi: ^^
Yo do you have a deviant art account????

If you are who I think you are those Yoshi shoes are sick man.

srry a little off topic.

Sharky

Smash Master
Alright, the newest addition to the guide has been made. I've added DT and a major update to the dair section, because it's my favorite move. =D Gindler the dair cancels but only out of a full jump (use it just before the peak of the jump.)

On another note, as many of you have already found out, judging by the thread, #22 of the Smash Back Room's character reviews is indeed most likely Yoshi. You just can't deny the last sentence of that hint. =P

Top Bottom