• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How To Make and Run a Good Online Tournament. With a foreword by Stephen King

nicekid76

Smash Apprentice
Thanks, this is going to help alot
Im just posted my tourment, hope ppl sign up

sammy p

Smash Lord
this may sound stupid but i took notes on everything!! lol!!
just so this way i dont have to keep comeing back here if i happent to forget something stupid!!
but thank you much! i really hope to get a tourney started as soon as possible! but i might consider getting a co-host or something just cause itd take SOOO much stress off and i think itd be much more fun with a co-host!

Kupo Rose

It's what my cutie mark is telling me ♫
great tips and all but can you give pointers saying how to attract members =X
Colourful OP.
Have prizes.
Not too much text.
Make it themed.
Tell people about it.

edit: Just realised Neo already mentioned most of them lol. o_o

sammy p

Smash Lord
Colourful OP.
Have prizes.
Not too much text.
Make it themed.
Tell people about it.

edit: Just realised Neo already mentioned most of them lol. o_o
In my tourney, I just told all my friends. Using colors in the OP might make it seem like an interesting tourney, as well as a theme, like, oh, say Pokemon only or something like that.
i second all of this!
it really DOES help :)

Paladin77

Smash Journeyman
In my tourney, I just told all my friends. Using colors in the OP might make it seem like an interesting tourney, as well as a theme, like, oh, say Pokemon only or something like that.
Thanks for the color idea.

i already made my tournament before i put hte post ><

The Kirby Crazy tournament.

its theme is that 1 person from every team in the doubles tournament has to be kirby. But theres more to it

Wwell, thanks again.

it would be cool if you could join too ><

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Rule #1- Online doubles tourneys usually fail.

I'm sorry to say but in most cases it is true. I would start out with just a singles tournament if I were you. Once you run a couple of tourneys it gets easier. You just have to start off slow. First prove to people that you can handle running a tournament or two then move on to doubles.

Also, like Kazoo said in your thread, the rules of your tournament are too messy. The B button thing is too difficult to enforce plus people don't want to be limited to using just the B button. That's not very enjoyable. I'm all down for crazy themed tourneys, you just have to have a theme that is both managable and fun.

sammy p

Smash Lord
there have been SOOO many doubles tourneys lately. its unbelievable. i would have never had the guts to host an online doubles tournament, and now EVERYONES doing it 0_0;;

Paladin77

Smash Journeyman
Rule #1- Online doubles tourneys usually fail.

I'm sorry to say but in most cases it is true. I would start out with just a singles tournament if I were you. Once you run a couple of tourneys it gets easier. You just have to start off slow. First prove to people that you can handle running a tournament or two then move on to doubles.

Also, like Kazoo said in your thread, the rules of your tournament are too messy. The B button thing is too difficult to enforce plus people don't want to be limited to using just the B button. That's not very enjoyable. I'm all down for crazy themed tourneys, you just have to have a theme that is both managable and fun.
but the theme of the tournament is kirby's copy abilities... so that you have to use your opponents 'B' move. The only reason its doubles is because if everyone was kirby, it wouldnt work...

Snare

Smash Lord
Zen speaks the truth, doubles tourneys usually never finish or have to many forfeits to be considered a "tourney".

Top Bottom