• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How to make SUPER SMOOTH videos the easy way! - Adaptec GameBridge User Guide

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
Does anyone know of a website to download the Gamebridge installation program? Ya know, to put in on the computer so I can record since I lost the CD?
Does anyone know of one!? I've been without the use of Gamebridge for 2 months since I don't have the CD anymore :(

_kSo_

Smash Master
try this, needs magicISO/magicdisc
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=1C33I7C3

i just made the uif from my own gamebridge CD and uploaded it myself

Hey, thanks Cruise! we have had many people talk about how they have lost the gamebridge CD and in need of a replacement

*Note* You may ONLY download this file if you own the gamebridge and either A) lost your cd, B) purchased a gamebridge that did not come with this CD, or C) corrupted or otherwise damaged your CD. Downloading and using this file without owning the licensed gamebridge IS considered illegal

Cruise, once I get confirmation that this works, would you mind if I quoted you and added it to the first post?

CutMet

Smash Journeyman
If they played directly on their computer then it might have lagged and left out some frames. Usually I record to a VCR then I use the gamebridge to put it on my computer.

I have to shut down all other programs before recording or else a few seconds are sped-up like you said. So either they were running to many programs or their computer is just to slow to record everything.

Cruise

Smash Apprentice
ive recorded about 90 matches with gamebridge and none of them were sped up or slowed down
@brawlpro
did you watch them on youtube?
sometimes during the video processing on youtube, videos will get sped up or slowed down.

_kSo_

Smash Master
I watched some of my friends vidz and gamebridge tended to speed their vidz up at random times, it wasn't a lot at all but like, a few seconds were automatically sped-up, is that normal?
This happens often on slower processors that have lower level graphics cards when the user attempts to record at a quality that is beyond that of the ability of their machine's capabilities.

If you have a normal machine, and not a crappy old one, the gamebridge should record perfectly on "Good" quality.

However if you are downloading stuff or running AIM or anything of the sort while recording, receiving and IM or something could interrupt the recording process, therefore causing it to "speed-up" because the machine is trying to catch up to it without skipping.

All in all, just try not to run other programs while you are recording, or just replace your old-*** pentium 2 processor with one that operates better than a $0.99 calculator :p

shinodude

Smash Cadet
Does this work? I downloaded it and didn't know what to do afterwards. If it can work, what am I supposed to do exactly?
so you got time to post here but not to work on your video?:dizzy: <3

great guide tho glad to see there are people out there who know what they are doing and take the time to do something to help other

Cruise

Smash Apprentice
keitaro do you have magiciso? i made it a UIF which is proprietary magiciso format
you'll need magiciso / magicdisc
just mount it like you would a normal iso, and then it should autorun.

i didn't bring my gamebridge CD with me when i went back home for the holidays, so its still in my dorm room, i'll reupload it as an .iso as soon as i get back on the 13th of january.

also this is assuming you have the actual gamebridge

Chris7x

Smash Cadet
I recently bought this and I have to say its really worth the money. I found it somewhere else for only 20$ though. The only thing is that it slow-mos (rarely) but its so rare I don't pay attention to it.

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
I downloaded magiciso and it said I needed magicdisc to mount the uif file. Right after downloading magicdisc my comp crashed and when I restarted it it said the driver"(mcbus) so I think it didn't install correctly. I tried like 5 times and the same thing happens each time I try to install it. I'm looking for a way around this crashing comp problem but does anyone know any other programs that work like magicdisc/magiciso?

NightroGlycerine

Smash Journeyman
I can confirm that, yes, Cruise's .uif program does indeed work and I used magicdisc to mount and run the program. Installation was no problem.

I'm probably not alone, but I had gotten the GameBridge TV which does not in fact come with a CD and is marked 1410 rather than 1400. So I was a little nervous until I got Cruise's neat little upload there. Great job, sir.

By the way, the GameBridge TV does little more than an vanilla GB-- it just allows you to watch TV on your computer. I find that unnecessary... why not just watch TV on a TV?

_kSo_

Smash Master
I can confirm that, yes, Cruise's .uif program does indeed work and I used magicdisc to mount and run the program. Installation was no problem.

I'm probably not alone, but I had gotten the GameBridge TV which does not in fact come with a CD and is marked 1410 rather than 1400. So I was a little nervous until I got Cruise's neat little upload there. Great job, sir.

By the way, the GameBridge TV does little more than an vanilla GB-- it just allows you to watch TV on your computer. I find that unnecessary... why not just watch TV on a TV?

that feature is probably so that you can record stuff that you see on the tv onto your computer for pirating purposes :p

G4MER4LIFE

Smash Apprentice
yo nice tutorial thing on this, I have a question: what program can i use to make my own vids sweet looking and stuff. like a movie editor or w/e that's called lol, sorry i'm kinda nooby with this editing stuff. I only have a digital camera as of now. (probably not the best). Any suggestions that could help me out?

Cruise

Smash Apprentice
reuploaded the installation CD as an ISO for convenience.
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=04PE4WM2

@G4MER4LIFE
there are a lot of video editors out there
Windows Movie Maker is used by a lot of people, even though everyone complains about how unstable it is and how few options it has. WMM should have everything you need to edit smash videos. I do believe you'll need to convert the format of the gamebridge recorded clips because WMM is not compatible with them.

somewhere in this thread a link to the converter SUPER was mentioned, which will do the job.

also, i use Ulead Visualstudio 11
its a midlevel video editor thats really quite simple and intuitive to use.
I also have adobe premiere pro, but that can get pretty complicated for simple tasks, so i don't recommend using it, especially if all you want to do is edit smash videos.

okiyama

Smash Ace
Hi, I'm gonna buy a GB soon enough and was wondering how I can confirm that I have A/V out on my TV? IDon't want to buy it then have to wait for Y=splitters to arrive but then again I don't want to waste money on Y-splitters I don't need.

Cruise

Smash Apprentice
you need the ysplitters if you plan on playing on a tv while recording on your computer.
without the ysplitters, you can only play on your computer.

virtually every television made in the past 10 years will have AV.
these are the 3 slots that are commonly red white and yellow. people normally have a dvd player or VCR connected in 3 of these slots.

Cruise

Smash Apprentice
try turning up the volume?
try playing smash normally with the cube/wii just plugged into the tv without the gamebridge. does it sound as low as when you have it plugged through the gamebridge?
the sound should not be affected after plugging it through the gamebridge, but if it is i have no idea why lol, unless you didnt plug it in tightly

Buh

Smash Apprentice
try turning up the volume?
try playing smash normally with the cube/wii just plugged into the tv without the gamebridge. does it sound as low as when you have it plugged through the gamebridge?
the sound should not be affected after plugging it through the gamebridge, but if it is i have no idea why lol, unless you didnt plug it in tightly
Not sure why it's doing this. It has to do with the y-splitter, for sure.

okiyama

Smash Ace
you need the ysplitters if you plan on playing on a tv while recording on your computer.
without the ysplitters, you can only play on your computer.

virtually every television made in the past 10 years will have AV.
these are the 3 slots that are commonly red white and yellow. people normally have a dvd player or VCR connected in 3 of these slots.

So without them I can play the Gamecube on my computer monitor while recording it?
That'd work for me, I have a TV tuner so I run my GCube on there anyways.

PDOT

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4871-5506-0357
was just about to buy this and then i found it out it doesnt work for 60hz on PAL

_kSo_

Smash Master
So without them I can play the Gamecube on my computer monitor while recording it?
That'd work for me, I have a TV tuner so I run my GCube on there anyways.
if you can play your GC on your computer monitor, it might be cheaper/more efficient to buy a screen recording program like Fraps or hypercam

PDOT

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4871-5506-0357
could someone help me find some rca y splitters

PDOT

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4871-5506-0357
Nope, i live in the UK. the website doesnt even send to the uk =/

Kirbyatic

Smash Rookie
I've been really thinking about getting one of these ever since i saw this, but my problem is that i have component cables. Those ones which there is 5 of them in very simple terms. And I know for a fact that it comes w/ those standard RCA cables that hook it up to the Gamebridge itself, so i was curious if;
there were any ones for compontent cables
if any quality would possibly be lost in the y-splitter cables or if there are component y-splitters

Top Bottom