• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How to punish and when appropriate.

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
Well, the interesting thing about TL's zair is the hurtbox for TL is not extended past the zair. You can't reflect it. The only thing you can do is powershield it or regular shield it.

If you powershield it then there isn't much else you can do after. TL's zair is pretty lagless and has range on it. TL can ground himself to shield before Wolf does anything afterwards if I recall.

You punish JJ double posting with an Ishieymoro warning, which warrants JJ to like every status, friend, and post on Ishiey's wall.

_Kain_

Smash Champion
:mad:

**** you're good lol

Can't you DACUS under TL's zair or something? Like, doesn't DACUS combat it relatively well?

:059:
The hitbox stays out til he pulls it back in I believe. If he zairs really high I guess you can probly get a DACUS in. If he does it right, don't think so

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
*MK's Fair
*Snake's uptilt
*Falco F-smash

*Rolls(general)
Mk's fair- Shield/Powershield it and then Usmash Oos after the final hit connects. You can also dash grab after he ends it because Mk will probably retreat to the ground then he might Dtilt or Fair again.

Snake's Utilt- This move is just easy to avoid most of the time. Don't get caught above a platform with Snake under it. Watch yourself when getting back to the stage with a Snake waiting at the edge. You can punish Snake pretty easily AFTER he uses it. You cannot challenge this move really. If you powershield it then punish with Dsmash/grab/aaa.

Falco Fsmash- You just don't get hit by this move. It only ever lands through mindgames. If you got hit by an Fsmash then it's your fault and you got mindgamed into it. Just play smarter O_o. Punish with anything if you shield it. Fsmash has no setups to auto work on Wolf. Just don't lag moves in front of Falco or airdodge into it.

Rolls- Pivot grab rolls or Dsmash them. Rolls are easy to beat. Who rolls vs Wolf other then Lucario, Metaknight, and Falco?

castorpollux

Smash Champion
if the metaknight spaces ftilt, you cant punish with usmash oos, but u can with fair OOS.

snake's utilt can be punished by fsmash on shield

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
He said Fair JJ, but that's good to know too. I didn't know how to punish Ftilt effectively. I'll make a mental note.

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
u can punish both snake's utilt and ftilt with fsmash
Yeah. If you shield it. You gotta do it instantly though or it can be powershielded. You could also grab Snake after the first hit of Ftilt if he is in range. It's weird.

F*ck, I put Ftilt twice in my previous post. I meant he said Mk fair not Mk ftilt.

.AC.

Smash Lord
learn to not get grab baited (extremely important)

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
I saw Semifer punish a Sheik ftilt with fair OoS when he played Izaw in a tourney set this summer and I'm fairly sure it was no powershield. Does this actually work?

tekkie

Smash Master
Falco's jab
if they keep going i hold the direction away from them and mash the cstick towards them so you fsmash them right when you get out

which is probably bad if they stop jabbing and shield grab but eh thats life

D

Deleted member

Marth keeping you offstage with f-air.

Marth is such a hard MU for me because I just don't know how to deal with his stage control. :(

Gah777

Smash Lord
If they do a rising bair, a FH fair/bair/uair. If they do a landing bair, usmash OoS/fair OoS/shieldgrab.

Assuming a well spaced retreating, landing back air where they roll away directly afterward?

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
Usmash OoS, I'm pretty sure. They don't have blockstun data in the Kirby frame data thread, so can't say 100% but it usually works well enough for me :x That or fair if they're in front of you, probably.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
If you're knocked offstage against Marth just do a turnaround shine and then **** his garbage fair with our super broken bair :D

Top Bottom