• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How to silent laser 100% of the time!

Hype

Smash Lord
After a full hop Fair if you buffer a laser it will always be silent. It's not ground breaking or anything just a little thing to know. Sorry if this is already known.

I will refer to this as the "Hype combo" just kidding It's not even a combo lol

ixdnL

Smash Journeyman
But full hops and fairs make me sad. =[

Edit: Cool find though.

KosukeKGA

Smash Champion
SHDLs are bad and the timing and technique is harder to get down. It's only good for stunning them in the air.

Silent SHLs are a lot easier and don't take a while to get down. I was able to do it consistently in like 15 minutes of repetition. >_>

waks

Smash Journeyman
Might give you silent lasers all the time, but its slow as heck

SlashTalon

Smash Ace
This is actually quite useful and is obviously not to be spammed. Great Mindgame as most see the fair and immediately rush in to punish.

I have been using it every so often to get a free Upsmash in. FHFair>Laser>Upsmash

You can also do it Full hopped Nairs, Dairs, and 2 Bairs; but it actually takes timing with those (Do the aerial at the peak of the jump).

B-Mon

Smash Journeyman
I understand the concept and all, but what is buffering? Is it just to press a button while another action is being performed?

Pearl Floatzel

Smash Apprentice
Use it once or twice. They see a full hop, laugh, and then see a fair and laugh harder, then get hit in the face with a laser.
Then wait until two stocks later. Then do it again.

Otherwise stick with SHL and SHDL.

And B-Mon, it's inputting a command a specific time before the command can actually be performed so the action happens as soon as possible. If you were a computer you wouldn't need it, but as we are human we use it for things like this.

holysnap

Smash Cadet
I might try it out to mix things up a bit in the battle, lately i've been using the shdl in real matches so probably won't use this to much but nice find.

Drakuaza

Smash Apprentice
This is actually quite useful and is obviously not to be spammed. Great Mindgame as most see the fair and immediately rush in to punish.

I have been using it every so often to get a free Upsmash in. FHFair>Laser>Upsmash

You can also do it Full hopped Nairs, Dairs, and 2 Bairs; but it actually takes timing with those (Do the aerial at the peak of the jump).
I agree with this, i can usually follow it up after a fgrab, utilt and sometimes dtilt. and this leads to stop the stunn or rocketing animation so i can spike em fast and easy near the edge.

Top Bottom