• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How to solve a spamming rolling Jiggs PROBLEM

Marshallmallowlol

Smash Cadet
At my school with my friends during our free time we play melee. Sometimes we do 2v2 matches, but it's not so fun because not everyone agrees to follow official rules and such, like team attack. So this one kid spams Jiggs neutral b, the rolling move from across the map and just nails me all the time. He honestly thinks he is professional material and it makes me laugh so hard :joyful:

Anyways, I just want to know how to counter this annoying move if we don't have team attack on. Thanks

M@1funk$hun

Smash Ace
Jump. Punch him in the face. Shield. Punch him in the face. Time an attack. Punch him in the face. Grab the ledge. Punch him in the face.

any one of these options may work

roosterrat

Smash Cadet
You should partner with a Peach main. I'm sure his over-all skill would lead to a 1337 pro victory

shawz

Smash Rookie
go double peach 2's or something gay like that and spam down smash

no team attack

_Xanatos_

Smash Apprentice
Any sort of projectile will stop him in his tracks, i think.

Also, just try to jump over him and come down with an attack from above.

darkoblivion12

Smash Lord
luigi's upB
jigg's rest
roy's counter
roy's reverse blazer

those are the sexy options
if you want to just avoid the ****er, jump out of the way or hang on the edge.

4 Aces

Smash Ace
Jeez, that move has crap priority (Of course 4-player free-for-all makes that move pretty darn annoying). Just time a proper up smash on him. Worst that'll happen is clanking with him. Best is you overpowering him and killing him.

Crouch Cancel --> attack
Up Smash him (Best with Fox/person with good Upsmash/Pikachu)
Forward Smash (Best with good foward smasher/Marth/etc.)
Shield --> Upsmash/attack.
Dodge
Jump
Hang on the ledge
Grab him (if you're feeling sexy)
Shine him (if you're feeling sexy)

Do any one of these enough times, and he'll think twice about using that move. :awesome:

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero
Double Falco or Double Samus will make your friends never want to play with team attack off again.

Problem solved?

Reverse blazer would be the sexiest counter though. If killing him at 4% doesn't get him to rethink...then maybe you should just keep killing him and laugh inside. :p

gm jack

Smash Lord
Stand fairly close to an edge. Spotdodge as he goes past you, and get hit when he turn around to not fall off stage.

You'll eat the hit, but it'll make him bounce off and fall slowly to his death in the process.

joeplicate

Smash Master
you guys are all missing the point

when he's doing it, calmly walk near the other edge of the stage

wait for him to unleash

right as he's about to hit you

BAM

SPOT DODGE

then get hit by it as he comes back around, and laugh hysterically as the recoil sends him flying off the other side of the level to his death

ultimate noob killer!!!!

Mokumo

Smash Ace
^^definitely the best advice so far

jump as he passes you to dodge, DONT SHIELD OR ROLL >.< and if youre fox/falco/falcon you can land with a bair or something and hit him while he's turning around.

Thimo

Smash Cadet
At my school with my friends during our free time we play melee. Sometimes we do 2v2 matches, but it's not so fun because not everyone agrees to follow official rules and such, like team attack. So this one kid spams Jiggs neutral b, the rolling move from across the map and just nails me all the time. He honestly thinks he is professional material and it makes me laugh so hard :joyful:

Anyways, I just want to know how to counter this annoying move if we don't have team attack on. Thanks
I think u answered it urself. Or just jump and abuse his open back with a bair.

GroovyGreenHat

Smash Cadet
Advice has been pretty darn good so far.

My (not very serious) suggestion is hold b with Kirby. No matter what, rollout can't hit you. In fact, it might even work if you're facing the opposite direction. Also, if you suck him up, you can get your own rollout.

GroovyGreenHat

Smash Cadet
Hence the "(not very serious)" disclaimer. I do agree that Kirby is pretty darn bad. It's still true that Kirby's b out-prioritizes rollout, and that you can just hold the b button as long as you want.

Top Bottom