• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How to Stop Being A Noob in Brawl

Darkest-Link

Smash Apprentice
Our way IS right--if you want to win. It's logically and mathematically provable, regardless of how much of a bunch your panties are in because of it. No one's trying to be conceited, I could give a **** what any one here thinks about me. Its about stating facts. A person who does the things in the opening post will ALWAYS win against a person who doesn't do those things in a match where both players have an equal shot at winning. 100% of the time. It's testable, demonstratable, its a fact.
If you don't believe that, you believe something that is not true, and because of that we ridicule you. It's the same as not believing that 2+2=4. If someone made a thread saying that, you'd go in there and tell him he was wrong.

There are videos on youtube of me getting my *** ***** over and over online by a guy who I'm pretty sure I'm better than. You could say that I'm just not good at online play, which would be true, but a huge part of what makes a good player good is his timing, and online throws that out of the window. I play online and for example, I'll predict a move coming and press shield but since there is lag, the shield doesn't come up in time and i lose a stock. Or I see an opening to do a quick short hop down-air, but the lag craps out on me as i'm inputing the jump, so the jump doesn't register and I retardedly do a downsmash instead. that stuff happens all the time nullifying the whole match as a competitive barometer.
ah yes i was playing at my friends house and he was alot laggier than i was, i personally get lil to no lag. With a new connection this may change :(

Darkest-Link

Smash Apprentice
See this here? This is a big part of the reason why most casuals and tourney players don't get along. This mentality of "Our way is right, and the reason we don't get along with you is that you don't play it our way and think it's ok to play that way." At best it's annoying, at worst it's conceited, especially when you take into account how customizable Smash is.

Funnily enough, most players I know in person don't have this mentality, but most of the players I know of online do (but then again, players without this mentality don't post on threads like this, or engage in flamewars, so... yeah...).
dude i know some casuals and i pwn them all the time and a few get mad cause i tell them to use their character in a different way because they are losing. This kid called JD i know mains a meta knight but he sucks *** at it, i tell him he should try gimping me, seeing how i am Link. He gets pissed and says my way is wrong. Wanna know what happens? I go MK on him and pwn his *** even tho im not a pro MK. What does this show you? that hes wrong and im right.

CodeBlack

Smash Ace
Our way IS right--if you want to win. It's logically and mathematically provable, regardless of how much of a bunch your panties are in because of it. No one's trying to be conceited, I could give a **** what any one here thinks about me. Its about stating facts. A person who does the things in the opening post will ALWAYS win against a person who doesn't do those things in a match where both players have an equal shot at winning. 100% of the time. It's testable, demonstratable, its a fact.
If you don't believe that, you believe something that is not true, and because of that we ridicule you. It's the same as not believing that 2+2=4. If someone made a thread saying that, you'd go in there and tell him he was wrong.
Wow... just... ****...

I'm sorry. I started laughing at "mathematically provable."

Seriously. People need to stop taking themselves so seriously.

As an avid player of fighting games who gets his mentalities of playing from chess, and who has long experience with Smash, I'll say that the adaptable player will usually win out. because he doesn't restrict himself. Even if it takes a while. Even if he loses at first. Because he doesn't give up and go with the flow, and instead finds the kinks in those mainstream strategies. Adaptation and change will always be formidable, or at least that's why I win most of my fights, even if I'm playing those who use stereotypical "tournement" strategies. The OP's strategies work because they offer guidelines, not set rules. Guidelines are for the adaptable player, rules are for the one who uses a set strategy. Given your talk, I'm assuming you use a set strategy (feel free to correct me, I honestly don't mind).

And, btw, the whole "I win, ergo I'm right," doesn't hold when you take into account that people are capable of improving their own strategies. There isn't one set pinnacle, exact way to play that beats all, or at least there shouldn't be. Any game that has only one way that you will always be superior to others suffers a huge, gaping flaw. And, as long as I've played it, Smash has never been so flawed.

Veil2222

Smash Journeyman
This topic has almost fallen off the front page twice, at this point it's turning into "janitor vs everyone who thinks he's wrong". There's no point in arguing it because it's a matter of opinion, and even if someone is right, janitor won't just say "Oh, I didn't see it that way, thanks", it'll get drug out for another two pages, because that's how smashboards "debates" are.

Just let it go, no one is really helping anyone here.

turnsnoob

Smash Cadet
i found some of this very helpful. it's stuff that you sometimes dont think about when you're playing. like try not to be predictive. i just noticed that i normally jump out of gettin up almost the exact same way every time im knocked down. =P

Darkest-Link

Smash Apprentice
This topic has almost fallen off the front page twice, at this point it's turning into "janitor vs everyone who thinks he's wrong". There's no point in arguing it because it's a matter of opinion, and even if someone is right, janitor won't just say "Oh, I didn't see it that way, thanks", it'll get drug out for another two pages, because that's how smashboards "debates" are.

Just let it go, no one is really helping anyone here.
Chances are they are crying because his thread called them a noob. Guys for the love of god, HES TRYING TO HELP YOU!

Red_Maniac

Smash Lord
NNID
SeeJayC
Hmm... this can be helpful for me.

I've been out of touch with the Smash Community for too long.

I don't think I'm a noob, because I usually beat my casual friends, but I'm definitely not good. At all.

Top Bottom