• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

how to "suck" with DDD! *inhales guide

DFat2

Smash Journeyman
DFat1 said:
Inhale
Description:​
King DeDeDe Opens his mouth and Starts to Swallow everything that comes close to him. The Move has good range and can withstand most attacks if spaced right. It has Grab priority, so don't be afraid to use it. Be careful when performing it on smashes though, as one could go through and cost you the match.

First Pull animation in Frame 14
Does 9% when Fresh

B-Reverse:​

B-Reverse is Performed by Taping in the opposite direction from which you where originally facing ring after you input a B-Move (, which by I mean, Any B-move with every character). The effect is that the Character performs the B move with it's momentum reversed.

It's a great Technique, and It can be greatly applied to DeDeDe and Kirby. Their Swallows, much like Wario's Bite, have special properties that make them grab even smashes. Although Kirby's swallow doesn't have much range or pull, it's power is greater than DeDeDe's. The downside of not having so much pull is that if an attack is performed on him, the opponent's HitBox gets to him before his Grab range get's to the opponent.

It's Best used when in the Air. When you hover over some one while your facing them, they will probably expect the Inhale. If you hover while backwards, they are expecting the drop Bair. They won't expect, for a single second, the B-Reverse. I dabble with DeDeDe, so I know that Inhale has great set ups. Another good way to use it is to anticipate some one running underneath you to avoid your Normal inhale while your in the air. Just wait for them to run and drop while doing the B-Reverse.

Those are all the uses that I could think of, but don't limit yourself to them. Go and get creative with your sucking abilities (lolololololol).
There ya go Smexy dude. You can add it to the Guide if you want Rated, just QUOTE it.

DFat2

Smash Journeyman
I've never even thought about playing as DDD.
This guide .. is sorta pushing me :D
DeDeDe is a Beast. I think that any Kirby Main could pick him up pretty fast, and vice versa. Their pretty similar.

I would recommend him to anyone, since he's like my 5th or something, but that doesn't mean I don't put effort into him :D

Excel, you should try him out some time, He's pretty fun to play and he's always smiling. You can't get mad loosing to him, he's so happy you get happy just looking at him.

napZzz

Smash Hero
I liked this alot, dont see many DDD' usin tha inhale really.

your english isn't as bad as you might think it is, its pretty easy to understand.

RATED

Smash Lord
hi people I am very glad that people are liking the guide I hope to end it soon , I need some updates , some additions and images for each section so I will be ending this in like 1 week or 2.

thanks Dfat1 I quoted ur post.

DFat2

Smash Journeyman
Next thing you should work on Rated would be to go more "In Depth" on the DeDesides and the Regispikes, and talk more about the Stage Glitch thing.

Raid

Smash Cadet
Next thing you should work on Rated would be to go more "In Depth" on the DeDesides and the Regispikes, and talk more about the Stage Glitch thing.
I totally agree with that, and gj btw. :)

sMexy-Blu

Smash Lord
Rated I could help you taking the pictures for each section, just ask me. ;)

DFat2

Smash Journeyman
And I could help with the Going in Depth stuff. It's nice to see people recognizing Swallows true potential >: )

RATED

Smash Lord
wow that would be useful! thanks a lot then if u want to lol I need a img of ddd inhaling a opponent , another spitting out the opponent and another getting hit while doing the inhale. that would be useful a lot . :)

and yeah I may need somehelp in others area since I don't know how to explain somethings in english so Dfat1 if I need some help to write something in english in the correct order lol it seems funny but I do to talk spanglish. thanks a lot to everyone . :)

sMexy-Blu

Smash Lord
Ok RATED so I was bored today so I decided to help you with the guide, ima take the pictures later but now I gave the guide a little update if you don't like what I updated you don't have to change it lol, sorry if u dont like it.

Just click quote it, copy paste it and then take off the quote thingies and add it to the OP lol.

----------------------------------------

How to "SUCK" with DeDeDe

An Inhale guide.

By RATED

Information about Inhale

Description: King DeDeDe Opens his mouth and Starts to Swallow everything that comes close to him. The Move has good range and can withstand most attacks if spaced right. It has Grab priority, so don't be afraid to use it. Be careful when performing it on smashes though, as one could go through and cost you the match. It also has little SA frames right at the beginning.

It inflicts 10% damage if not decayed and it pulls the first animation on frame 14.
It has a little push effect at the beginning, that causes a stage spike sometimes and can screw up some recovery's (lol Ike).

Now on to the main thing, the guide.

Setups for Inhale

1. Chaingrab, when u get near the edge , short hop inhale is a 100% sure inhale.

2. Full hopped bair (if the opponents is at low %'s) to B-reversal inhale.

3. Just like dropping with Bair instead u can drop down with the inhale so u can vary from these moves.

4. If ur opponent is approaching

5. At low %'s, Full hopped Dair, to inhale.

6. After spitting your enemy out from an inhale, u can short hop and if they spotdodge inhale them another time.

7. If they try to evade your D-tilt they will try to get inside u so use the inhale if u see that coming.

8. If u hit them with F-tilt and they are trying to get approach u they will jump so short hop to inhale. (depending of the character)

9. If they expect u are going to throw a grab then u could inhale them or Dsmash them if they spotdodge if they roll away chase them jump inhale.

10. the most obviously Dededeside( I don't like doing this ) but it work sometimes u could inhale them if they try to edgeguard u( I have inhaled MK Up B like three times ) LOL it feels so great.

I will write more about the setups later.

Follow ups after spitting them out

1. Full hop Fair. (THIS IS NOT A SURE HIT BUT IT CAN CONNECT SOMETIMES)

2. Stay in the ground if u see them like they will airdodge so u can get a uptilt kill.

3. Run a bit away and an try hitting them with a Waddle dee to get positioning advantage.

5. U can get your opponent offstage so u can edgeguard/gimp ur oponent.

6. Dair if see them trying to get quickly in the floor.

7. Depending on the falling speed of your opponent's character u can do different setups like Fair, to Dair so u could hit them with one of those. If they are out of reach and they try punishing you, you are practically safe because Fair to Bair is lagless with good timing.

8. Do an empty jump if they airdodge u could try to inhale them another time! yay

9. u can do a empty jump if they do nothing and then when they get on the "floor" if u see the stepdodge coming use Dsmash to punish.

11. where is number 4?... LOL!

12. number 10 is missing too.

13. Now seriously, if u see ur opponent is expecting an inhale they will roll, if they roll away throw a Waddle dee, if they roll back punish them with Dsmash !

I will continue another time. or later

WHEN to Inhale

* When you opponent shields or spotdodges.

* If they are expecting another attack you could try surprising them with an Inhale.

* When your opponent is a approaching like a hoar.

* Inhale is a Defensive based move, It shouldn't be used as an attack to rack up damage or KO, it should be used to space yourself from the enemy and give you time to space yourself.

Abuse Inhale against

:kirby: - This turns the tables in this matchup he is very easy to inhale).

:metaknight: - He is broken but he can be easily Inhale'd if you see him approaching carelessly.

:popo: - This is your main tool in this matchup, it can split them up nicely but don't spam it they will punish u for this if they know it is coming.

:olimar: - If you inhale him near the edge you'll be able to edguard him really easy.

:jigglypuff: - For some reason after you spit her out while near the edge of a stage this give great setups oportunities like a Fair, Also because Jigglypuff is light weight DDD can pull her into his mouth easier than other characters.

:diddy: - This stops his banana game nicely, its also good for eating the bananas.

:shiek: - Inhale stops all of Sheiks aggressive approaches and combos, but careful is you fail the Inhale she can punish you really easy.

:rob: - He is very easy to inhale while he is on the air, you follow up with an Utilt sometimes after you spit him out.

:pikachu: - This helps a lot here, even though u need to know when to use it bcuz if not u will get hit by the thunder jolts, punish or worst chaingrabbed grabbed.

:dk2: - He is a piece of cake to Inhale, u can follow up with a Fair if the DK is unexpected, and if they are expecting do an empty jump (they will airdodge most likely) and u could get a Infinite chaingrab grab.

:lucas: - He is relative easy to Inhale but be careful you could fall for his deadly smashes if you get too predictable with the inhale.

:fox: - Inhale him, it is a great. He is the fastest faller in the game, this gives DeDeDe the
opportunity for some "sexy" follow ups.

There shall be more or some changes in some days or if something ground breaking about some character happens.

DO NOT Abuse Inhale against

:gw: - Almost every attack of G&W outpriotizes Inhale. (Is this how you write this
word? outpriotizes? I main spanish)

:snake: - This sounds funny but he is like immune to inhales, he is very hard to inhale
because of the grenades, so in this matchup I forget this move if both are offstage you could try to go for a DeDecide but otherwise Inhaling Snake is a bad idea.

:zelda: - Dont try to inhale this *****, this is asking for a Smash attack, Ftilt or neutral B.

:marth: - He is hard to inhale and u must know why. This is a matchup where getting a inhale
is almost imposible except if u are falling when u can vary from using a Bair to an
inhale (he will try to shieldgrab mostlikely, if u expect this inhale them), remember that every attack of marth have disjointed hitboxes so don't try to abuse Inhale.

:luigi: - Tornado outpriorizes Inhale so this is neutral, you could try to go for an Inhale but
have this in mind.

:toonlink: - He is hard to inhale with all of his projectiles and fast smashes.

:wario: - Wario's bite ***** outpriotizes completely Inhale. So inhaling against Wario is asking for a bite.

:falco: - he can laser u before gettting in so if he hits u with the laser u are mess up , he will
do a upsmash or a grab if low percents. even though u could "faint" a inhale and when falco rolls ( usually some falcos do to get some jabs) so use Dsmash this move do great in this matchup for killing if the falco is playing trying to not get grabbed or inhaled.

I will continue with this area later too.

Tips and Tricks with Inhale

DeDecide:

A DeDecide is when you inhale your opponent and you suicide with him on your stomach.
This is reaaally gay and it can turn the tide in a match drastically. Only DeDecide when you have more stock than your opponent or when you have more damage than your opponent.

Regispike:

A Regispike is the act of inhaling an opponent jumping offstage and spitting him out under the stage and recovering. Its basically a DeDecide but your opponent dies and you survive.
This will most likely only be effective once, after you do it your opponent will most likely be able to scape it. This will not work if your opponent knows how to get out of the Inhale early.
Also don't try this versus people with good recoveries like Meta Knight or Jigglypuff.

Fall through stage glitch:

Inhale also causes a glitch. If DeDeDe gets hit during the beginning frames of inhale the opponent that was being inhaled will fall though the stage most likely dying.

Stage spikes:

Inhale can cause a stage spike in its early frames when it causes the little pushy effect, It Inhales enemy's against the stage stage spiking them. If they have a bad recovery and they don't tech they will most likely die.

B-reversal:

B-Reversal is Performed by Taping in the opposite direction from which you where originally facing ring after you input a B-Move. The effect is that the Character performs the B move with it's momentum reversed.

It's a great Technique, and It can be greatly applied to DeDeDe. It's Best used while Airbone. When you hover over some one while your facing them, they will probably expect the Inhale. If you hover while backwards, they are expecting the drop Bair. They won't expect, for a single second, the B-Reverse. I dabble with DeDeDe, so I know that Inhale has great set ups. Another good way to use it is to anticipate some one running underneath you to avoid your Normal inhale while your in the air. Just wait for them to run and drop while doing the B-Reverse.

Those are all the uses that I could think of, but don't limit yourself to them. Go and get creative with your sucking abilities (lolololololol).

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

if anyone feels if something is wrong or wants to give me some contribution can do it feel free to post .

DFat2

Smash Journeyman
I'll write some more in depth stuff about DDDcyde tomorrow. For now, youtube is the answer for all my needs.

Excelsus5100

Smash Rookie
"Snake= this sounds funny but he is like immune to inhales , he is very hard to inhale , so in this matchup I forget this move if both are onstage, maybe out stage works but DDDsides against snake is a NO NO NO."

I also agree with this. Especially don't try to suck Snake when you're up above outside of the stage and when Snake is near the ledge because if you do suck, Snake can quickly pull out a nade, Dedede will swallow it and the little animation will unable you to move. lmao

RATED

Smash Lord
updated the regispikes and stage spikes with inhale section. thanks to everyone who contributed in the guide and everyone else.

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
I understand the time you spent, RATED, so for everything you thought of, your compilation of info, and contributions to your fave character's community... :bigthumbu

if I were a DDD user, you KNOW you would've earned a big "OMG PRO" from me... I'll just stick to grabbing your mouth with kirby when you try to inhale me! :p

sMexy-Blu

Smash Lord
Ok RATED, I took you're pictures like 2 days ago but I was too lazy to get them into my computer so I did it today lol sorry, If you want me to resize them just ask.

RATED

Smash Lord
thanks kewkky( YOOOOOOOO! ) , thanks smexy blu btw u could resize the pics? it would be great if they were smaller toplace them in diferent sections of the guide.

thanks smexy and have a nice day.

sMexy-Blu

Smash Lord
Re-sized pictures, If its too small sorry I used Photobucket to re-size them... and it sucks...

sMexy-Blu

Smash Lord
I tried that but my Photobucket's glitchy so it didn't work. :(

Thanks anyway. :)

Gates

Banned via Warnings
I just thought of a good slogan for this guide:

If your Dedede doesn't suck, it sucks.

Top Bottom