• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How to troll a player

CaptainFalcon9000

Smash Ace
here are some tips about how to have some LULZ in wi-fi battle and/or playing with friends (they work cuz i used them):

NOTE: serious matches are better for skills and all but sometimes we need to laugh a bit so that´s why i put these tips, mass respect to all of you serious players and moderators.

- taunt when the battle starts :troll:
- taunt when your opponent miss his final smash :troll:
- spam attacks :troll:
- camp a lot :troll:
- don´t try to attack your opponent offstage, just stand on the ledge, taunt and then you can rather spike or meteor smash´em :troll:
- let them grab the smash ball (if actived) just to evade their final smash and taunt (depends of the character your friend is playing with) you can even taunt while your opponent runs all over the stage triying to get the smash ball :troll::troll:
- use pit :troll:
-roll A LOT around your opponent so he tries to hit you but you´ll end always behind him, CAREFUL WITH THIS ONE BECAUSE IF HE´S A GOOD PLAYER YOU MAY GET MINDGAMED/PUNISHED :troll:
- short jump and air dodge like an idiot evading all of his attacks :troll:
- taunt A LOT when he loses a stock. :troll:
- only grab and pummel to far damage like 300 or higher, after so keep camping and taunting. :troll:

IF YOU KNOW MORE WAYS TO TROLL SOMEONE IN BRAWL DON´T BE AFRAID AND POST THEM!! EVEN MODERATORS KNOW A WAY TO TROLL PLAYERS IN BRAWL!! :troll::troll::troll:

added from users:

- By Dragoon Fighter: Use homebrew to use a simple code like G&W always hitting 9 but never hit them with it, just keep missing. :troll:
- By Sunnysunny: Pick charizard. Pummel you're opponent until there grab released. Grab again. :D Repeat until they think of rolling outta the way. Choose dedede. Grab, every chance you get but doing nothing when you do. :troll:
- By FIREL: Use weegee and taunt and spike at the same time, then taunt forever and run away to piss em off OR Use Sonic After you get a kill, do as much taunting [You're too slow, or Come on step it up] then run away and keep taunting And pick a huge stage like temple :troll:
-By SuperMetroid44: Pick Captain Falcon, keep using the taunt "Show me your moves!" a person should attack you... own them, wether it be with a Falcon Punch or a spike, or just a average kill, then proceed to keep using "Show me your moves" Make SURE you are good with Captain Falcon, otherwise you don't successfully troll if they end up beating you. :troll:
- By Supreme Dirt: Pick Jigglypuff, play normally :troll:
- By Espyo: Stand still, and when your opponent moves in to get you, go somewhere else and stand still. Rinse and repeat. Or... A much more dangerous one, because it can make you lose trust (unless it's With Anyone): stand still, and even let your opponent hurt you. He'll eventually notice you're AFK (Keyboard?) and leave you alone. Wait until he stands next to you, staring. Then, just smack a smash attack in his face. :troll:
- By PK Love: If your there in person and your leading by a stock and they kill you say "About time!" :troll:
- By スーパーサイレントZ7 : Usually Mr. Game & Watch landing a 9 on anyone is enough to start a battle. :troll:
- By gabrielwoj: Pick Kirby, swallow the enemy and fall off the stage inhaled. :troll:
- By gabrielwoj: Pick DK, grab it, press left or right to take the enemy on you, and fall off the stage. :troll:
- By gabrielwoj: Pick Bowser, at the ledge, and side+B, and fall off the stage. :troll:
- By gabrielwoj: Pick Dedede, swallow the enemy and fall off the stage inhaled (same as Kirby) :troll:
- By gabrielwoj: Put a mine (Snake's mine) on the enemy when taunting, them when he taunts again, blow it! :troll:
- By crush: This works better for seriouslies but just don't input any actions or do anything and they will notice after a few seconds. They will maybe hurt you a little bit but most of the time they will taunt and then you can suddenly start hitting them a ton. :troll:
- By Moldy Fruit: Use MetaKnight, Dtaunt and spam Dsmash :troll:
- By Mic_128: with Charizard/Bowser Edgeguard with fire breath. When it looks like they're gonna make it, grab em, throw em off, repeat. :troll:

Dragoon Fighter

Smash Lord
(IMO Online only) Use homebrew to use a simple code like G&W always hitting 9 but never hit them with it, just keep missing.

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
Pick charizard.
Pummel you're opponent until there grab released.
Grab again. :D

Repeat until they think of rolling outta the way.

Choose dedede. Grab, every chance you get but doing nothing when you do. :3

FIREL

Smash Ace
- don´t try to attack your opponent offstage, just stand on the ledge, taunt and then you can rather spike or meteor smash´em :troll:
- taunt A LOT when he loses a stock. :troll:
Use weegee and taunt and spike at the same time, then taunt forever and run away to piss em off

OR

Use Sonic :sonic:
After you get a kill, do as much taunting [You're too slow, or Come on step it up] then run away and keep taunting
And pick a huge stage like temple

SuperMetroid44

Smash Lord
I don't know if this'll be considering similar to one of the things on the list, but w/e. :p

-Pick Captain Falcon, keep using the taunt "Show me your moves!" a person should attack you... own them, wether it be with a Falcon Punch or a spike, or just a average kill, then proceed to keep using "Show me your moves" Make SURE you are good with Captain Falcon, otherwise you don't successfully troll if they end up beating you.

Espyo

Smash Apprentice
I don't want to backseat moderate but... the thread could use a little more quality... However, I'm just assuming that better ideas are yet to come, because I like where this thread is going! Playing seriously all the time is truthfully nauseating.
Anyway... Stand still, and when your opponent moves in to get you, go somewhere else and stand still. Rinse and repeat.
Or... A much more dangerous one, because it can make you lose trust (unless it's With Anyone): stand still, and even let your opponent hurt you. He'll eventually notice you're AFK (Keyboard?) and leave you alone. Wait until he stands next to you, staring. Then, just smack a smash attack in his face.

...Gah, I'm very sure there are better trolling methods than the ones listed thus far!...

CaptainFalcon9000

Smash Ace
I don't want to backseat moderate but... the thread could use a little more quality... However, I'm just assuming that better ideas are yet to come, because I like where this thread is going! Playing seriously all the time is truthfully nauseating.
Anyway... Stand still, and when your opponent moves in to get you, go somewhere else and stand still. Rinse and repeat.
Or... A much more dangerous one, because it can make you lose trust (unless it's With Anyone): stand still, and even let your opponent hurt you. He'll eventually notice you're AFK (Keyboard?) and leave you alone. Wait until he stands next to you, staring. Then, just smack a smash attack in his face.

...Gah, I'm very sure there are better trolling methods than the ones listed thus far!...
these...aren´t really good ways to troll since he can just do the same, you think he´s just stand still and when you´re about to smash his face he smash yours, so he trolled you, anyway i think i´ll add it :/

gabrielwoj

Smash Apprentice
Here is mines:
-Pick Kirby, swallow the enemy and fall off the stage inhaled. :troll:
-Pick DK, grab it, press left or right to take the enemy on you, and fall off the stage. :troll:
-Pick Bowser, at the ledge, and side+B, and fall off the stage. :troll:
-Pick Dedede, swallow the enemy and fall off the stage inhaled (same as Kirby) :troll:
-Put a mine (Snake's mine) on the enemy when taunting, them when he taunts again, blow it! :troll:

~:troll:

crush

Smash Master
This works better for seriouslies but just don't input any actions or do anything and they will notice after a few seconds. They will maybe hurt you a little bit but most of the time they will taunt and then you can suddenly start hitting them a ton. Works almost every time

:phone:

Espyo

Smash Apprentice
Wait, how come we don't have a classic?
1) use character with a multi-hit natural combo
2) find a wall
3) get opponent next to wall
4) hold A

link2702

Smash Champion
pick the ice climbers, cg em or even better, get em high enough to do the nana spike followed by the ice block lock. :troll:

pick falco get em in a laser lock :troll:

pick fox and choose a level with a wall, shine lock em against the walll:troll:

pick Ike, and choose a level with a wall, forward throw CG em against the wall :troll:

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Ganondorf actually can plank.

Just not as well as some characters, but it IS respectable. His jumpsquat doesn't get in the way of his frame 6 UAir.

Jonas

Smash Champion
If a certain gay-*** tactic works all the time because the other player doesn't know how to deal with it, just do it over and over and over. Best way to troll players.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Charizard/Bowser: Edgeguard with fire breath. When it looks like they're gonna make it, grab em, throw em off, repeat.

KoJ

Smash Journeyman
I don't play Smash anymore, but I remember these trolling ways from back when I played Mario.

Whenever you knock an enemy off a ledge with him, stand still on the edge and wait for the chance to jump in and use the cape the opponent's recovery.

If an opponent stupidly charges with a move with large horizontal distance, cape it and then let them try again.

Don't taunt, but instead use that time to charge up FLUDD. Only use the FLUDD when the enemy is trying to approach.

None of these tactics will win games. They're also hilarious.

KoJ

Smash Journeyman
I am in awe, Black Mantis.

What are you doing here?
I like the Make Your Move competition and wanted to check on it.

I saw this thread and thought of how I used to play Mario in a stupid way.

Something clicked.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Repeatedly crouch as Kirby. Godtier SFX are the best SFX.

A trolling AT I've been practicing is imitating your character's SFX as they happen.

HRUUUM... PMMPH!

Dedede's star KO is proving harder to learn.

Virum

Smash Ace
NNID
SiLeNtDo0m
3DS FC
3368-3441-2801
Kill someone with Dedede's Final Smash. Either that or hit nobody with it.

Espyo

Smash Apprentice
DI and SDI would like to have a word with you.
Oh, of course. But I meant against noobs. In other words, when playing With Anyone.

Anyway, a good way to complement Kirby's annoying crouches is to use a glitch... which I'm sure has no wiki page. Well, guess that means I'll have to describe it.
Set the C-stick to smash. As Kirby, perform an attack that has you holding A when idle afterwards; for instance, perform his up-tilt and hold A the whole time. After that, crouch. While crouched and with A held, press the C-stick diagonally upwards, in your direction (or the other direction, I forgot). If done correctly, Kirby will cancel his crouch but immediately return to it. With practice, it can be even more annoying than the regular crouch spam.

Top Bottom