• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How to use Palu's awesome jab.

scalpel

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-1322-7073-9341
Very simple question: How can I jab effectively? It's difficult for me to jab when I need to; oftentimes a tilt or dash attack comes out instead. For example, facing the wrong direction and needing to quickly turn and then jab = I turn and tilt or dash attack instead. Advice?

Last edited:

Pale Tuna

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Sdarian
Just practice single jab attacks without moving the control stick. It really shouldn't be that hard. If you need to turn around, just turn around quickly but lightly on the button press. Not sure how a dash can come out unless you quickly dash and hit A.

chipndip

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Chiptendo
3DS FC
4098-3083-1621
Use it as a poke mainly, but at mid %s you can time it to get the initial jab a few times, then go into throw. That's always a pretty swiggity-swag thing to do.

Phoxhound

Smash Cadet
Baltimore, MD (in a worm hole during summers)
3DS FC
2707-1679-3227
You can land the jab somewhat reliably by leading into it with dthrow -> SH fair. Make sure you don't sweet spot the fair, otherwise you'll knock them too far away to be hit by the jab. Instead, try to get the hitbox from near your torso instead of the tip of the foot. This will drop them right in front of you and you can jab. Full combo does about 20%.

soru

#2 Best Palutena in Canada
You can also jab -> dthrow -> ff nair before last hit knocks them away -> jab -> dthrow -> fair.

InfinityCollision

Smash Lord
Pretty sure nair carries are punishable, so be careful about that. They can definitely get a shield, roll, or spotdodge out.

soru

#2 Best Palutena in Canada
That's why you use it sparingly, so the opponent doesn't catch on.

Fuoujin 2

Banned via Warnings
Use it to punish rolls, the spacing is different for each character though.

Top Bottom