• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How to Win as Zelda

D

Deleted member

fair or bair
light shield
fair or bair out of shield, usually light shield
attack a lot, usually with fair or bair, sometimes out of shield, and sometimes out of light shield

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: This list is quite true.

I lost strictly to Zelda's back aerial in tournament last weekend. It's amazing how good this character is.

darkatma

Smash Hero
Lol Umbreon basically tells me i have been playing zelda wrong for a whole year.

I FAIL AT ZELDA T.T

i mean, who DOESN't think of LIGHT SHIELD! OMg its BrIlLiant! perfect for spacing weakeer attacks.

path411

Smash Cadet
Lol Umbreon basically tells me i have been playing zelda wrong for a whole year.

I FAIL AT ZELDA T.T

i mean, who DOESN't think of LIGHT SHIELD! OMg its BrIlLiant! perfect for spacing weakeer attacks.
I don't think the problem is you are failing at zelda,
zelda is probably failing for you.

D

Deleted member

everyone keeps asking me how to play zelda, so **** it, I put it in writing.

If you don't like good advice, you don't have to take it.

K Balls

Smash Journeyman
well you can't win with zelda if someone is playing defensive like DEFENSIVE HUGS! of course you can win but your chances r slim.

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
Awww man, it all makes sense now. Thank you so much Mow, I've been wondering how to win forever with Zelda. Jk, it's really good advice though. It's all I do with Zelda basically. That and every now and then a dsmash... but that's nothing compared to how much I fair/bair.

darkatma

Smash Hero
Actually i was appreciating the advice :p Since i've never thought to light shield w/ zelda ever. Of course, there's no chance of fair/bair out of shield after the opponent attacks if they know how to l-cancel.

But yea fairs and bairs
and precision

It seems all the good zelda players play zelda well but wouldn't use her if they wanted to win :p Which is true. Sorta

well you can't win with zelda if someone is playing defensive like DEFENSIVE HUGS! of course you can win but your chances r slim.
What do you play now? I remember seeing your luigi before at IP's it was chaingrabbing some fox who didnt know how to DI. CG to upB >< disgusting =]

K Balls

Smash Journeyman
no darkatma it was at champ combo when i played hugs. no i dont play anymore. if i do i just dont try just play for fun. and my luigi sucks, lol all my characters suck

ToP CaT

Smash Lord
I would only add, that you down smash as much as possible because its hella fast, and jumping right out of the dsmash to a fair on heavy characters works nicely.

ToP CaT

Smash Lord
lmao lightningkick> all

Actually i was appreciating the advice :p Since i've never thought to light shield w/ zelda ever. Of course, there's no chance of fair/bair out of shield after the opponent attacks if they know how to l-cancel.

But yea fairs and bairs
and precision

It seems all the good zelda players play zelda well but wouldn't use her if they wanted to win :p Which is true. Sorta

What do you play now? I remember seeing your luigi before at IP's it was chaingrabbing some fox who didnt know how to DI. CG to upB >< disgusting =]

Only the ***s dnt play her when it counts, If zelda is your main then thats who you use, when you want to win or not, I understand if you go shiek or something to play a marth, but no....people like Kawn are great who use/used zelda all the time.

WoZ Edit: Try not to double post, and watch your language.

D

Deleted member

yeah....I play zelda until I feel like winning, then I play Fox.

D

Deleted member

the best zelda I've seen besides my own is GA wes, who is basically even with me, and he's an excellent teammate, and I did better teaming with him than ken.

I 4 stocked him at MLG 2-0. Not because I'm a better player, Fox just DPs zelda and ties her back up and locks her in a dark moist closet.

path411

Smash Cadet
zelda has this super hax that if you hold down a after the stage is selected and the game is loading, you become a character that is high tier instead of the bottom tier. this technique = massive mindgames as people will think you are going to play as zelda and will start laughing at you until this other char comes out.

Pose

Smash Apprentice
I really don't understand why people don't think Zelda is even good enough for play. If you play her right, she can be just as good as sheik. How many times has that joke been said? "Press a while stage is being selected!" or "Press down+b and you'll become and high tier ninja!" I really don't understand. This thread is about how to win as Zelda, not her alter ego, Sheik. A well-played Zelda can definitely whoop a Sheik. Probablyyy not one of equal skill but when does that ever happen (very rare). I say Zelda can win (without having to change into Shiek). Playing both and changing periodically is great, especially if you are great with both which can throw your opponent off. Zelda isn't just a useless character. Just no one wants to unlock her full potential because they have an almost broken ninja right there by press a during selection or down+b.

Pose

Smash Apprentice
Oh and a edge-guarding technique that I use is din's fire aimed downward and let it explode where you think they'll get hit by it and then they should go up. Jump and fair or bair and then jump back for the edge-hog. =]

Impp

Smash Ace
I like playing as Zelda alot. She's capable in some respects. She'd be my 4th after Kirby, Young Link, and Ness. I don't win tournaments. [Not yet,... not yet.]

goateeguy

Smash Ace
A well-played Zelda could probably beat a Sheik at about the same level, but Zelda requires a smart person to play her. Mindgames are the major things you need to do with her, and for us brain-dead gamers, that is hard to do. Say what u want, im sticking with Sheik.

Pose

Smash Apprentice
A well-played Zelda could probably beat a Sheik at about the same level, but Zelda requires a smart person to play her. Mindgames are the major things you need to do with her, and for us brain-dead gamers, that is hard to do. Say what u want, im sticking with Sheik.
Yeah, I understand what you're saying. Playing a sheik would require much more "mindgames" and you would have to play smarter and work to win, whereas playing sheik, you just jump around and fair people all day. The thing that makes sheik so susceptible to noobs is that she is so easy to use. She doesn't require as much thinking as zelda. But if you could use zelda and be able to control the game, then you can surely do the same with sheik as your backup in a match. Pretty much what I'm saying is that Sheik AND Zelda TOGETHER are a force to be reckoned with and that Zelda shouldn't be just casted aside as a useless character because she requires much more work and determination. A Zelda player can be a great one, along with the help of sheik, which makes them one of the best characters in the game. ;)

-(this can apply to all the underrated low tiers of the game)

Winston

Smash Master
Seattle, WA (slightly north of U-District)
Actually, no, at the highest level (referencing mow's post here) zelda gets destroyed by top tiers, while sheik is pretty even with them. So, Sheik really is better than zelda. I'll give you that Sheik is easy to use, and noobs like sheik, but it's for a reason- she's better.

Besides, if you're playing sheik against someone who's good, you need plenty of mindgames.

Finally, the big irony about your post is that both Sheik AND Zelda just "jump around and fair people all day". XD

Pose

Smash Apprentice
Actually, no, at the highest level (referencing mow's post here) zelda gets destroyed by top tiers, while sheik is pretty even with them. So, Sheik really is better than zelda. I'll give you that Sheik is easy to use, and noobs like sheik, but it's for a reason- she's better.

Besides, if you're playing sheik against someone who's good, you need plenty of mindgames.

Finally, the big irony about your post is that both Sheik AND Zelda just "jump around and fair people all day". XD
Haha :laugh: lol they do!! Yeah I agree Sheik does require mindgames, but too say the least, not as much as zelda just because she does get destroyed by top tiers. Yeah she is better but my point was that sheik and zelda used together make a great team. Like you said, Sheik is pretty even with them but (imo) Zelda could give an edge, if played correctly, of course (adaption and mindgames). But i do understand why people only use sheik as most of the smash community thing zelda is useless. (as i read a usefulness chart of Sheik's moves; her down + b was rated 0 and even some negative numbers) but i do have a different point of view because of the fact that i use both :cool:

Tristan_win

Not dead.
To win with Zelda there’s three things you must do at all times.

1. You must keep your distance from your enemy
2. You must be able to predict them
3. You absolutely can not take an offensive position or you will die.

Darkmusician

Smash Master
I agree with Tristan win. Being able to read your opponent and predict what they will do is key when playing as Zelda.

Top Bottom