• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A How to Wreck *****es with Ganon?- Linguini Q&A Thread

VGmasta

Smash Lord
You could also try fastfalling right as you slip off the edge. If you time it right you can get the edge no matter how close to the edge you were on the last shine. Even though you're still stunned you can use air control, FF, and grab the edge after getting shined off the platform. Hold towards Fox on the last shine then as you're about to leave the ground quickly flick down&towards or down to FF then back to holding towards to get some air control towards the edge and to allow an edge grab so you don't FF past it.

If you FF too late or don't let go of down fast enough expect to die though since you'll go pretty far down before you can jump. You're allowed to FF a bit late and still get it when you're not directly at the tip of the edge when you get shined since you slip off at a slower speed.

If there's a bit of space between you and the edge on the last one (like a little less than a body width), you can just hold towards Fox/the stage and you'll grab it though you probably want to FF ledgegrab anyway so they don't catch you in time.
AMAZING! That's the best thing I've ever seen in the Fox vs Ganon matchup. I've never noticed that before!

Daniel_the_Seraph

Smash Ace
im way better at ganon dittos than i am at probably any other ganon matchup

i remember when i first played you kage i pretty much went toe to toe with you in some ganon dittos, then thought, "this guys overrated", then you beat my falcon even worse like 3 times in a row

and spidersense couldnt handle this ganon even though he wrecked the **** out of my falco, who i used to beat everybody else there
I wish I could've played more dittos with you.

BigD!!!

Smash Lord
yeah man you had ganon dittos on lock, if you get your falcon matchup as solid as your ganon ditto then i wont have any chance. toughest time i've had in ganon dittos in recent memory for sure

BigD!!!

Smash Lord
haha you still beat me dude, it was just close

plus you can beat my falcon too so you got nothing to worry about

Ace55

Smash Lord

kupo15

Smash Hero
Ganon's sidestep is good against link grabs if you know its coming. Like Fair to buffered Sidestep or any aerial to sidestep is useful.

Daniel_the_Seraph

Smash Ace
yeah man you had ganon dittos on lock, if you get your falcon matchup as solid as your ganon ditto then i wont have any chance. toughest time i've had in ganon dittos in recent memory for sure
Ganon dittos are like my best matchup. And I can beat Falcons that are like "just okay", but good Falcons wreck me a bit.

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
hey ACE, idk if you lurk this thread more than the NC thread, but i got 9th at the last bill. i went 2-2, and got a bye in losers bracket. i beat yeroc (corey) and EMB (an asheboro marth), and lost to karn and Theo. The whole bracket is up in bill's thread, first page has results post.

even though i lost the steep majority of my dittos against jim, he definitely showed me a lot of useful things (one of them being downward and normal ftilt...that move is SO good).

i did what i could to rep ganon though.

TommyDerMeister

Smash Lord
I've been playing for competitively for a few years now, and those are still my placings at tourneys.

Is there something wrong with me?

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
hmm..

i think i've had:

4 0-2 tournaments
3 1-2 tournaments
and now 2 2-2 tournaments.

idk what i'm doing over the summer though. it kind of depends on how things start. cause i kind of wanna go to GAMME with pp and yay, but i'm not sure if i'll have the money/job clearance/parent clearance. Same thing with Apex. its primarily thanks to you guys. now i'll have to get over the next hurdle, and get to 3-2.

edit: lol that was my 900th post. but actually thats pretty much what i wanted 900 to be...

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
hmm that should be quite interesting. i'd love to see you guys wreck a double falcon team. it'd certainly make my day.

that date looks to be centered around my birthday. which means that could simply be something i do with my birthday money. when does prereg end?

spider_sense

Smash Champion
hmm that should be quite interesting. i'd love to see you guys wreck a double falcon team. it'd certainly make my day.

that date looks to be centered around my birthday. which means that could simply be something i do with my birthday money. when does prereg end?
I'm prolly gonna show up to this, I'd just need to save up for it.

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
wow...if i drive in my car, i'd have to pay 145 dollars in gas roundtrip.

...screw big *** buicks, i knew i shoulda waited and got a dang kia or something...

Gardevior

Smash Lord
On the second one, @2:45, did you use the C-stick or the control stick to DI into the ledge? I've been trying to do this for a while against vZakat (and Marth/Roys in general) and haven't done it yet.

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
i've always just used the control stick. Yay showed me the concept of double sticking but...i just can't fathom having both hands think that fast to go in two different directions. but maybe that'll be my summer project.

edit: its good against marth, but its also so much fun to do against falco too. on saturday, when i wasn't at bills apartment, my friend TJ had a stich face turnip that he threw down at me, and i teched it. its so much fun...

Gardevior

Smash Lord
When you're coming up on the ledge using up B, you really only need to hold the C-stick towards the ledge and then right before they hit you hit down down away in the opposite direction. I think. I'll have to test this sometime when ncsu scrubs aren't playing.

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
When you're coming up on the ledge using up B, you really only need to hold the C-stick towards the ledge and then right before they hit you hit down down away in the opposite direction. I think. I'll have to test this sometime when ncsu scrubs aren't playing.
? i'm not sure what that means lol.

someone told me you just have to hold the cstick towards it. but my hand feels weird holding cstick in a direction and pressing R. though i guess i could start teching with L...but thatd be really weird...

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
Lol, double sticking would be pointless at 146%. SDI is mandatory at that percent against a marth tipper fsmash; ASDI wouldn't be any help. Control stick all the way.

As far as I know, double stick teching is really only useful for teching on a floor. Usually DS techs are a result of ASDI down from the c-stick and frame-perfect trajectory DI (the frame after ASDI is input from the c-stick, trajectory DI is input from the already in-position control stick, so no frames are wasted) from the control stick, which produces the lowest angle of knockback possible and allows you to tech (highly situational).

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
so how do techs on the floor happen without double sticking? cause i've never double sticked, but i've definitely teched on the floor a few times. is it just cause i was already crouching?

also ACE, did ya watch my vids? i think they really show where my ganon is at. wish some of my ganon dittos with jim were recorded though...

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
You don't have to use both the c-stick and the control stick to tech on a floor haha, but in some situations you do, and those are the situations I'm referring to when I say DS tech (you're basically just trying to make the most of the situation since SDI is not an option).

I saw the first 2 I'll watch the 3rd later, also made a comment. Spacing and tech skill are getting way better! I like.

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
cool. if any other ganons have comments or statements about the state of my ganon, feel free to state them either here or comment on the vids. i'll be watching them often (both for comments and analyzing my game) so i'll be sure to see them.

also, i have a question, or more like a comment. in the beginning of my smash days (like...6-7 months ago...) i used to love yoshis story. it gave me quick kills, sometimes unwarranted by a simple fair above 50%. now its like the first stage i'm willing to ban due to its low floor, and cramped space that doesn't allow me to retreat and rebuild a wall of aerials. does anyone think that later in ones career, once you progress more, stage choice changes, depending on your abilities? like do you think that once i'm even better, those small blast zones on yoshis will be perfect, and even though it seems small, it'll just mean that i'll control even more stage with my aerials, right?

basically, do stages go through phases where they're advantageous at one skill level, and not as useful on another, or do you feel like the advantages on a stage are constant, no matter what your skill might be? (cause i also feel like i need to be doing a lot more stuff right to make use of brinstar...)

Linguini

Smash Master
cool. if any other ganons have comments or statements about the state of my ganon, feel free to state them either here or comment on the vids. i'll be watching them often (both for comments and analyzing my game) so i'll be sure to see them.

also, i have a question, or more like a comment. in the beginning of my smash days (like...6-7 months ago...) i used to love yoshis story. it gave me quick kills, sometimes unwarranted by a simple fair above 50%. now its like the first stage i'm willing to ban due to its low floor, and cramped space that doesn't allow me to retreat and rebuild a wall of aerials. does anyone think that later in ones career, once you progress more, stage choice changes, depending on your abilities? like do you think that once i'm even better, those small blast zones on yoshis will be perfect, and even though it seems small, it'll just mean that i'll control even more stage with my aerials, right?

basically, do stages go through phases where they're advantageous at one skill level, and not as useful on another, or do you feel like the advantages on a stage are constant, no matter what your skill might be? (cause i also feel like i need to be doing a lot more stuff right to make use of brinstar...)
Stage preference is independent of skill, it really just depends on how comfortable you feel on the stage. Living in FL, I fvcks with neutrals, and therefore counter-pick there. Some people like gimmicky stages like brinstar and kongo jungle 64.
These stages can be advantageous due to the fact that your opponent may have no knowledge of the strategies necessary to win there.

Pretty much,choose what you like.

spider_sense

Smash Champion
Stage preference is independent of skill, it really just depends on how comfortable you feel on the stage. Living in FL, I fvcks with neutrals, and therefore counter-pick there. Some people like gimmicky stages like brinstar and kongo jungle 64.
These stages can be advantageous due to the fact that your opponent may have no knowledge of the strategies necessary to win there.

Pretty much,choose what you like.
Linguini's favorite word is advantageous.

skrach8

Smash Lord
i would like to make a request... a video request.

IF you are a tru ganon baller then you will be able to... from 0%---> grab, upthrow, jab, uair, regrab, downthrow, jab, to techchase whatever you want.

Is anyone up to the challenge....... cuz ive done this combo on marth, ganon and falcon.... so i am a ganon baller......ARE YOU?

LINGUINI or SPIDER?

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
wtf DI could get you the jab-> uair -> regrab...and how could the jab get you to techchase....marth doesn't fall over from jabs until...not at that %...i think...

then again, i guess i'm not linguini or spider...

Linguini

Smash Master
i would like to make a request... a video request.

IF you are a tru ganon baller then you will be able to... from 0%---> grab, upthrow, jab, uair, regrab, downthrow, jab, to techchase whatever you want.

Is anyone up to the challenge....... cuz ive done this combo on marth, ganon and falcon.... so i am a ganon baller......ARE YOU?

LINGUINI or SPIDER?
nah your a BABY BACK *****

oh and i will be visiting o-town sometime in may and staying up there for a few days *****!

Top Bottom